Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 37157 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2016, 11:50:23 am »

Cut Down More Trees for Lumber. Then build the 3rd and 4th wall. Be careful not to break the 4th wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2016, 11:57:34 am »

Julio felt the blood roaring in his ears. He didn't know what to do. This was too much. This was far too much.

Suddenly, his mind cleared. He had an idea of what to do.

The poison... flammable?

He takes his lesser poisoned bolt, dashes over to the nearest companion holding a torch, and attempts to ignite the bolt. He then fires it directly at the source of the voice.

Since I feel like breaking the game, combat mechanics are weird, so it's a bit more free.

You stick the tip of your bolt in the flames, and it bursts into green fire. You fire it at the source of the voice. There's a dull thud as the arrow strikes its target, and the flames reveal a horde of the possessed, all wielding weapons and wearing heavy armor. As one, they let out a wheezing laugh.

YOU CANNOT BEST US. WE ARE MANY, AND YOU ARE FEW. AS FOR YOU, TITAN, I WILL CRUSH YOU LIKE THE PUNY CREATURE YOU ARE. THIS WORLD WAS ONCE OURS, AND IT WILL BE OURS AGAIN!

With this proclamation, the horde starts hurling a cloud of spears and darts at you. The lion blocks most of them, the spears and darts bouncing harmlessly from its golden hide, but a few go past the lion and fly dangerously close to you. You start running, again.

Fu Qyu

You run, and it seems that you've nearly left behind the horde of attackers. The lion is leading you to a strange spot, different from where you crossed the swamp before. In the middle of running, the lion freezes, and its blue eyes flash.

"I CAN GO NO FURTHER. I CANNOT STRAY FAR FROM THE TEMPLE. HEAD SOUTHEAST UNTIL YOU REACH THE SWAMP, THEN HEAD EAST ALONG ITS EDGE. YOU WILL FIND A BRIDGE. GO!"

The lion snarls and charges the horde. You watch as the lion starts fending off the possessed, using its huge golden claws with deadly effect. The horde, however, is not so easily defeated. A black tendril shoots out from the chest of one of the possessed and coils itself around one of the lion's legs. Another one impales it, drilling through the gold as if it were paper. You keep running, and reach the bridge. You start to cross when you see the familiar red eyes peering at you from the middle of the bridge. A huge Prowler, with two stinger-like tails, stands guard on the bridge. You're about to run back when you see Gromble charging the beast.

"Gromble! No!" you shout, trying to stop him.

Alas, you are too late. Gromble pounces upon the creature with surprising agility, and starts grappling with it. As you watch, his features turn into those of a huge tiger. Soon, what was once Gromble is now a huge tiger. You think you see the tiger look back at you, and you can swear that you see Gromble's sad eyes in those of the tiger. The Prowler growls, and backs away, preparing to spring at the smaller weretiger. The weretiger, in the blink of an eye, charges the Prowler, and both of them are knocked off the bridge and into the murky waters of the swamp. You hesitate for a second before continuing on. You reach the camp, and see Julio clutching the pendant. You get no sleep tonight.

Gromble has perished.

I'll do Rautherdir, starwars, and crazyabe later, but rest assured that you aren't forgotten.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2016, 12:00:38 pm »

((Where am I right now?))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2016, 12:02:23 pm »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2016, 12:06:58 pm »

"Shall we go eastwards now, to the tower? Or do you wish to prepare?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2016, 12:10:10 pm »

Julio is still panting.

"I... I need time... Just a little... to recover. I need to prepare some weapons... or something... something to fend off darkness... or something..."

He seems rather distracted. His eyes are moving rapidly back and forth, as if still watching the battle that had raged before.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2016, 12:44:37 pm »

Spoiler: Han Yu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dāelen (click to show/hide)

Han Yu glances at Julio with concern, before turning towards Dāelen.
"Lieutenant, would you like to spar with me?"
Han Yu spars with Dāelen to hone his skills. He gives Elise and Dāelen a torch each.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2016, 04:15:03 pm »

Ah, I didn't know we  were supposed to post after the cliffhanger. I thought it was going to be a two part round. ah well, Fu did what Fu was going to do anyway.

Goodbye, Gromble. You will be missed.

Fu Hangs out with Julio and studies himself for magical power, to see if he can control it at all.

The lion said thepower was in us. It came from mortal magic? And then the Titans used it and put it into those knives. and then the knives put it into us. So maybe ...
Maybe we have mortal magic now? Since we're mortal, maybe it will be strong?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2016, 04:42:21 pm »

"Normally I would rebuke that... magic isn't real... that it's just a myth, but... I can't really say that after all that just happened.

Let's not hop to conclusions about this mortal magic. We may be mortals, but "Mortal magic" may refer to something else entirely...

Mortal can mean either creatures that can die, or something that can cause death. I don't want to experience with death-magic...
"

"By the way... you... Fu Qyu...

I haven't the foggiest idea what you are. What... are you?
"

Julio forages around the camp.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 30, 2016, 11:58:32 pm »

Turn 1 of Day 9 has begun!

I wander around looking for rocks, Sticks, and flint.
Spoiler: Dy Lin Wond Ay (click to show/hide)

You look around. Wherever you are is a barren tundra, dotted with gnarled trees and huge caverns. One of the aforementioned caverns sticks out to you - it's massive, and you sense something inside. You made a wide circle around it as you forage for supplies.

~

Indeed, the battle was over before it began. A group of merchants set their mercenaries on your caravan, taking you by surprise. Many shady humans would pay a pretty penny for a captive lilliputian. When the merchants laid eyes upon you, they didn't see fellow men. All they saw was profit. The mercenaries, armed and armored in steel, simply shoved your people in cages. You were one of the two warriors who accompanied the caravan. The other warrior, Melephos, was killed fighting with a mercenary. You tried to fight, but the mercenaries laughed at you before shoving you in a cage with the others. Halfway through the journey, the merchants and their hired thugs started lighting huge fires at night. A few of the other prisoners swore they saw red eyes in the night, and you thought you saw them as well. On the 9th of Relokos, the shadows struck. They struck down the mercenaries with ease, and the blades of the mercenaries had little effect on them. As soon as they came, they left. Five of the merchants survived the attack, but three died of their wounds by morning. That left two of them. The next night, one of the merchants fled. That left one. When dawn broke, you had managed to loosen and remove your bonds, and you were slowly chipping away at the cage with a small rock. That night, you escaped. It was the same time that the shadows attacked again. The merchant was murdered, and the shadow creatures started butchering the prisoners. You watched in horror as the people you were so close to freeing were torn to pieces.

~

You grip your head, trying in vain to fend off the painful flashbacks. You fall to your knees, silently crying. Determination fills you. You want revenge. You set your mind to building a crude weapon, and start collecting supplies.
You get

Flint x 2
Vine

Cut Down More Trees for Lumber. Then build the 3rd and 4th wall. Be careful not to break the 4th wall.

You fell a few more trees, and finish the third wall. You figure that you have enough lumber to finish the fourth.

"Well, for all you readers, you can see I'm doing my best not to break the fourth wall!"

Damnit.

((I missed out? Oh well, let me get some attention.))

Light my fire and keep it lit. Also light a torch and keep it in my other hand for combat purposes. Switch Combat mode to defensive.

Spoiler: Caleb Fenrir (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, you have to sleep at night unless you're interrupted. Of course, you can do this at morning. You know why? Because you did it just now.

You pile lumber onto your dying embers and stoke the flame. After what happened last night, you're not taking any chances...

Spoiler: Han Yu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dāelen (click to show/hide)

Han Yu glances at Julio with concern, before turning towards Dāelen.
"Lieutenant, would you like to spar with me?"
Han Yu spars with Dāelen to hone his skills. He gives Elise and Dāelen a torch each.

You spend a while sparring with the lieutenant. He teaches you a few cool things you can do with your pike!

You learn skill: Arc Slash (deals 50% damage to three enemies, requires a Pike, Longsword, Broadsword, or Battleaxe)

Ah, I didn't know we  were supposed to post after the cliffhanger. I thought it was going to be a two part round. ah well, Fu did what Fu was going to do anyway.

Goodbye, Gromble. You will be missed.

Fu Hangs out with Julio and studies himself for magical power, to see if he can control it at all.

The lion said thepower was in us. It came from mortal magic? And then the Titans used it and put it into those knives. and then the knives put it into us. So maybe ...
Maybe we have mortal magic now? Since we're mortal, maybe it will be strong?

You follow Julio and talk to him about magic and stuffs.

"Normally I would rebuke that... magic isn't real... that it's just a myth, but... I can't really say that after all that just happened.

Let's not hop to conclusions about this mortal magic. We may be mortals, but "Mortal magic" may refer to something else entirely...

Mortal can mean either creatures that can die, or something that can cause death. I don't want to experience with death-magic...
"

"By the way... you... Fu Qyu...

I haven't the foggiest idea what you are. What... are you?
"

Julio forages around the camp.

You forage, and find a few useful things.
You get

Flint
Vine
Plump red berry x 4

Your turn is not over! You are engaged in dialogue with Fu Qyu.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2016, 03:51:18 am »

I am a Lilliputian, of course.

or did you mean something else?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 31, 2016, 07:23:02 pm »

Finish the 4th wall. Name my new outpost Kindling Town
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2016, 07:53:49 pm »

"Wow. Another thing right out of the myths.

Where I came from, Lilliputians were not something you could ever expect to see.

But, the myths spoke of them as conniving little thieves. I don't suppose I need to watch this pendant carefully, do I?

Joke. That was a joke.
"

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 31, 2016, 08:45:46 pm »

Turn 2 of Day 9 has begun!

Also,

I am a Lilliputian, of course.

or did you mean something else?

Julio nods.

"Wow. Another thing right out of the myths.

Where I came from, Lilliputians were not something you could ever expect to see.

But, the myths spoke of them as conniving little thieves. I don't suppose I need to watch this pendant carefully, do I?

Joke. That was a joke."

You spend a while talking with Julio. You learn that he was a bounty hunter, as his business as a mechanic was failing him. You two talk for a while and get to know each other. You chat a bit about magic, and determine that it should be useful soon, whatever it is.

Note: This doesn't count as a turn. You all have actions for this turn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:50:26 pm by Rethi-Eli »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 31, 2016, 08:47:40 pm »

Finish making the pickaxe. Get the tanned hides.

Spoiler: Caleb Fenrir (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:53:20 pm by Rautherdir »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23