Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 37151 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #195 on: December 28, 2016, 10:48:14 am »

Fu will ponder on the courses of action available to him and what is necessary to do. He will discuss options with his companion, and keep an eye on that temple to see if anyone goes in or comes out.

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2016, 11:06:03 am »

"Oh, yes, sir. I will tarry you no longer, forevermore, et cetera. In all seriousness, and I mean seriousness, I have a question for you. Earlier, I saw Elise and a few others performing some sort of ritual in this place into a box utilizing knives. It appears that is a ritual that I too must complete. Where must I go to do this?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 28, 2016, 11:08:09 am »

"Once this is tanned I should have enough to make some leather armor. Might as well get started on a tool for solving mazes."

Get the other three skins started on tanning. If I have time, assemble a bone pickaxe. Switch Combat mode to balanced.

Spoiler: Caleb Fenrir (click to show/hide)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 28, 2016, 11:55:01 am »

"Ah, finally made your choice, eh? Well, luckily for you, I had the foresight to take a stone sword with me."
Han Yu throws the extra stone sword he took from the box to Julio.
"The invitation to stay was not made in jest- there is safety in numbers, and my camp is well-fortified."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 28, 2016, 12:05:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Julio shakes his head.

"These shadowy creatures seem to be predatory in nature. While it is true that there is strength in numbers, there is also a greater risk of attack. It's like painting a big target on your camp.

My camp is also rather well fortified. I shall be okay.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some painful actions to partake in.
"

Julio slices his hand using the stone blade, completing the ritual. He then returns to his camp, hunting on the way. If he does make any kills, he is extremely careful to extract any natural oils the animal may have.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2016, 12:37:46 pm »

Spoiler: Han Yu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dàelen (click to show/hide)

Han Yu hammers the stakes into the ground around the inner part of the trench, so anyone who tried to climb out would be impeded (or impaled if they were stupid). (So trench, ring of stakes then camp, from outer to inner.)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2016, 04:04:49 pm »

Build Walls 2 through 4
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 28, 2016, 04:24:00 pm »

Turn 2 of Day 8 has begun!
Fu will ponder on the courses of action available to him and what is necessary to do. He will discuss options with his companion, and keep an eye on that temple to see if anyone goes in or comes out.

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)

Gromble squints, obviously thinking as hard as he can.

"There are three things that cross my mind. Most likely, it was one of us, a fighter of darkness, scouting the area. If not that, then perhaps it was the dwarf, or possibly just an adventurer. Finally, it may have been one of our enemies, a possessed creature. If that is so, then we are lagging behind the Shadow Wraiths. If they get that pendant-"

"Then we lose. I know. This means that there is no time to spare." you say.

You've never felt so confident in your life. When you speak, you feel strong and in control, something you've rarely felt before.

"Well then, shall we gather the group? It's a while until nightfall, so we have time to act before the Shadow Wraiths are about."

Do you want to act today, or postpone the expedition? The actions of all the other characters hinge on this, so I cannot continue the turn into you choose. Choose wisely, friend, or you may never choose again.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 28, 2016, 07:54:52 pm »

Tinkerer
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 28, 2016, 10:10:17 pm »

Tinkerer

Very well. Here is your character sheet.

Spoiler: Dy Lin Wond Ay (click to show/hide)

If you want to add a known recipes section, allies and enemies, or a backstory, that's all fine with me.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2016, 12:26:48 am »

Uh ... hmm. I guess we'll gather and go in then. If we're behind we better do some catching up.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2016, 01:00:26 am »

Build Walls 2 through 4

You manage to get the second wall done, and half of the third, but you run out of lumber. Time to chop some more trees...

At least you have a warm fire, right? Right?

"Once this is tanned I should have enough to make some leather armor. Might as well get started on a tool for solving mazes."

Get the other three skins started on tanning. If I have time, assemble a bone pickaxe. Switch Combat mode to balanced.

You lay the other skins out to tan. You estimate that they should be done by tomorrow afternoon. Since scraping and laying the skins out doesn't take too much time, you're also able to bind a few sharp bones together to make a makeshift pickaxe. It isn't great, but you can't expect much when making things out of bone and sinew. Hey, speaking of sinew... you have none. You spend a little bit of time finding a vine to bind your tool with. You're exhausted by the time this is done. Maybe you should just finish this in the morning...
You get

Vine

~

Halfway through your sleep, you awake to a loud grinding noise. Your gaze immediately flits to the temple. The thing is going up in flames. That's rather peculiar, considering that it's made out of stone...

Uh ... hmm. I guess we'll gather and go in then. If we're behind we better do some catching up.

Just so you know, you rolled a 100 for this action, so...

Everybody except Caleb and Feu D'artifice: !!Interrupt!!
Reason: Something is telling you to... but what?

Somewhere incomprehensible...

The Chosen had started their quest. It was indeed time...

Fu Qyu

You feel a strange force driving you as you round up the group with Gromble. To your surprise, the man who at first refused to join you has just completed the ritual, and he is now also a fighter of darkness. He, Han Yu, and another elf accompanying Han join you. The man seems as if he almost doesn't want to join you, but something flashes in his eyes and he agrees. The girl comes to you from her camp, and soon, you're all ready to set out. Everyone formally greets each other. After all, you're all stuck in this situation.

The motley group of six, with you at its head, heads towards the Northern swamps. It isn't long until you see the top of the temple piercing the forest canopy. You lead everyone to the secret entrance, and delve in...

Gromble

You're quite calm. Enceladus is waning, a slim crescent in the sky, and Relanis is not much larger, although it's waxing. You've learned that the farther the two moons are from full, the lower the chance is that you'll shift. Fu Qyu calls for everyone to halt.

"Wait up, there's a staircase ahead!"

You peer into the darkness, and you're able to discern a set of stairs going up, hewn into the rock. Fu Qyu goes first, followed by the lieutenant. You light your torch before following them. You climb for a while, but nothing confronts you. No Shadow Wraiths, and none of the possessed. You head further up, and eventually reach a large antechamber, filled with rusted and ancient tools. A huge golden sculpture of a lion crowns the room, which you estimate to weigh at least two tons. The walls are lined with stone statues, each carved from the same stone the temple itself is made of, and covered in moss. Some are in the shape of men, others resemble huge bears or owls. Some simply seem like suits of armor, chiseled from granite. You look for an exit to the room, but find none. You sigh, looking for a secret passage, when a booming voice calls out,

"WHY DO YOU TRESPASS HERE?"

You look around, as does everyone else, but you see nothing. Suddenly, there's a bright blue flash as the eyes of the lion statue light up. The huge statue jumps off of its pedestal and walks right towards you and the group. You start to run, as does everyone else, when the eyes on the statues lining the walls start to light up. Two particularly huge statues quickly jump to block the exit. The voice booms again.

"AH, YES. I CAN SENSE IT NOW. YOU ARE THE CHOSEN."

The lion statue walks up to you, and does a cat-like impression of a bow. Han Yu returns the gesture with grace, although you yourself are having trouble not panicking. Hund, who followed you in, barks, and sniffs the lion statue's foot. The statue's blue eyes pierce into you.

"THERE IS NO TIME TO EXPLAIN, CHOSEN FEW. FOLLOW ME. I PRESUME THAT YOU SEEK THE PENDANT OF ENCELADUS, YES?"

You nod your assent. The lieutenant, whose name you struggle to pronounce, asks the great statue a question.

"What are you?" he inquires, staring awestruck at the statue's eyes.

"HEHE, I KNEW THAT IT WOULDN'T BE LONG UNTIL THAT WAS ASKED. I AM ONE OF THE TITANS, ENEMIES OF THE SHADOW WRAITHS."

The lion statue, who introduces itself as Ghiris, tells you about the titans. His booming voice is no longer as loud, although it is still powerful.

"The world is a place of balance. Indeed, there always must be balance in the world. At first, there were three races. The Titans, embodiments of creation, were most powerful at first. The Daemons, creatures of chaos and havoc, were luckliy the weakest. The third race, mortals, were a balance between the two, and were also quite weak. However, as time went on, the opposing natures of the Daemons and the Titans drove them to war. The Daemons were imprisoned, and the Titans barely avoided being wiped out completely. The mortals, however, grew powerful while the Titans and the Daemons warred. After the war ended, the mortals ruled much of the world, and had power beyond comprehension. However, as time went on and unclaimed land disappeared, the mortals started warring with each other. Indeed, in the beginning, mortals were creatures of great magic, same as the Daemons and the Titans. The Titans saw this catastrophic conflict, and took it upon themselves to end it. Sadly, only trouble came of this. The humans all turned on the Titans, and crushed them with ease before returning to their own conflicts. Finally, what was bound to happen from the start did - a great magic destroyed nearly all life on earth. The mortals were isolated tribes once again, as they had been in the beginning. The Titans, a few of which had survived the disaster, used their magic to strip the power of magic away from the mortals, who had used it so destructively before. And so time went on, peace ruling. The Daemons, however, strived to breach their prison, and it wasn't long until they used their collective magic to break out of their prison. Once again, there was war, and once again, the Daemons were defeated. In a desperate last stand, the Daemons tried to imprison the Titans in the same limbo that they had been locked in for eons. The spell they used was hasty and improvised, however, and the magic ran wild. Indeed, a Rift was opened, but this Rift led to a world of darkness - the world of the Shadow Wraiths. They poured out of the Rift. Daemons and Titans alike were overrun by these creatures of darkness, and soon the world itself was on the verge of destruction. The Titans, determined to stop the incursion, used the one most powerful thing they had - the magic of the mortals. The Titans gave the power to the Druids, a group of mortals determined to stop the Shadow Wraiths and preserve the world. They used this magic to create the Blades of the Titans - deadly weapons against darkness. These weapons were used to drive back the Shadow Wraiths. The Druids then used the magic to create the Pendant of Enceladus, which sealed the Rift between the world of the Shadow Wraiths and our own world. The disaster was averted, but only barely. What the Titans knew not is that the closing was only temporary, as is everything. The Druids, however, planned for this. They placed a powerful gemstone in the Pendant. This gemstone had the power to seal the Rift, simply upon contact. Recently, the magic gave way, and the Rift reopened. Both the Pendant and the Blades lost their original magic, but both of those magic have been transferred upon you. We, the Titans, chose you as the ones who could seal the Rift with the Blades and the Pendant. This may be a lot to take in, so yo-"

Ghiris' extensive story is interrupted by a crash. By now, you have ascended at least ten levels from the antechamber. It seems as if that's where the crash came from.

"RUN! NOW!" shouts Ghiris, who bounds up the stairs with you. You run as fast as you can...

Julio

You curse as you hear the crash. This was so stupid, why did you even let them talk you into this...

You clench your fists. Now is not the time for hindsight. You dash up the stairs, Elise in tow. After what seems to be an eternity, you make it to the top of the temple. You double over panting, but the big man, Gromble, helps you up. You nod your thanks and continue running behind the lion, which is heading for the tower at the top of the temple.

"GO ON." the lion rumbles, standing at the base of the tower, "YOU GET THE PENDANT. I WILL STAY HERE."

You don't hesitate. You bolt into the tower and start scaling the stairs. You get to the top, and see an altar. On this altar, almost floating above it, is a small medallion with a brilliant blue gem set inside it. You grab it.
You get

Pendant of Enceladus (q)

You run back down the stairs with everyone else. You reach the bottom, and the lion is still there. A few of the other stone figures are visible at the top of the temple's stairs. A number of corpses lie scattered about them, telltale red eyes glowing. The lion sees you return and stands up.

"THERE'S A SECRET EXIT. FOLLOW ME."

You follow the lion as it run to the Northwestern corner of the temple. It presses down on a stone panel, and a stone slides away, revealing a poorly lit staircase down...

Han Yu

You run down the stairs. The girl, Elise, is running with you. You can tell that she's scared. You give her hand a quick squeeze while you run, and she seems a little bit less afraid. You look behind you, and see that Fu Qyu is tiring. You imagine how large the stairs are from his perspective. You hoist him onto your shoulder and keep running. The lion turns to you.

"WE'RE NEARLY TO THE EXIT. TAKE THE PENDANT AND RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM HERE."

You dash down the stairs, and start to see grass ahead of you. You bolt down the remaining few steps and fall to your knees, exhausted but glad to have escaped the temple. You look behind you and see that everyone else has also escaped. The lion's blue eyes shimmer in the night air.

"BEST OF LUCK, CHOSEN. IT IS NOT MY FATE TO LEAVE THIS PLACE - MY VERY SOUL IS TIED TO THIS TEMPLE. I CANNOT AID YOU ANY FURTHER - THAT IS UP TO YOU. GOO-"

AH, HELLO, "CHOSEN FEW". IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE WE SAW YOU.

Cliffhanger!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2016, 09:46:56 am »

((I missed out? Oh well, let me get some attention.))

Light my fire and keep it lit. Also light a torch and keep it in my other hand for combat purposes. Switch Combat mode to defensive.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2016, 09:51:23 am »

Julio felt the blood roaring in his ears. He didn't know what to do. This was too much. This was far too much.

Suddenly, his mind cleared. He had an idea of what to do.

The poison... flammable?

He takes his lesser poisoned bolt, dashes over to the nearest companion holding a torch, and attempts to ignite the bolt. He then fires it directly at the source of the voice.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2016, 10:45:03 am »

I wander around looking for rocks, Sticks, and flint.
Spoiler: Dy Lin Wond Ay (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23