Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 37253 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2016, 06:28:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Han Yu smirks in contempt at the hunter.
"And what will you do with that crossbow? Fire it, I dare you. The shadows will kill anything in the forest; if we do not stop them now, everyone in the forest will be doomed, regardless of their intentions."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2016, 06:30:03 pm »

"Maybe. But I can accelerate your demise.

I have no desire to go with you, and such I shall not.

Trust me, I will fire this crossbow. I have nothing to lose. If I do not kill you now, you will soon find yourself suffering a far worse death.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 25, 2016, 06:40:16 pm »

Let him go. If he wishes not to aid us, he can receive no aid from us as well. let him face the forest alone, and die alone. We've got more important things to do.

Fu will not at any point aid one of the so called nine who refuses to join the group after having seen the threat of the shadows in the forest.

This round, Fu will scout out north around Caleb's camp toward the tower. If Caleb requires assistance with his bone blade Fu will assist.

((nice map))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 25, 2016, 06:44:19 pm »

"Yeah!.... wait... what?

Uhhh... I'm not going to die. There's no way they can overpower me. I have a secure shelter and a powerful fire. Yeah. Uh-huh.

You're free to stay here, if you desire. But I'll be damned before I throw myself into danger.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2016, 06:55:27 pm »

Chop down trees and (begin to) make a wooden fort to act as a safehouse.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 25, 2016, 06:59:08 pm »

Han Yu snorts in derison,
"And how long will your fire last against the endless tides of darkness? Stay here if you wish, for it seems my words of wisdom fall on deaf ears."

Han Yu goes back to the camp, and digs a trench (or a partial trench, if one turn isnt enough) around it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 25, 2016, 07:07:05 pm »

Julio seems, if nothing else, more considerate. He does, at least, lower the crossbow.

"If you can convince me that joining you, and throwing myself in harm's way, gives me a higher chance to survive, then I will do so. If not, then I will not. It is as simple as that.

You know, there's a reason I want to survive...
"

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 25, 2016, 07:16:40 pm »

"Well... If we are successful in our mission, the tide of darkness will be stemmed. Your choices are clear: short-term risk for long-term safety, or simply living for slightly longer before being overcome."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 07:19:47 pm by vishdafish »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 25, 2016, 07:22:28 pm »

"... and if I were to accompany you... I would have to...?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 25, 2016, 11:32:08 pm »

There's strength in numbers, Julio. And one can only hide from an enemy for so long, if that enemy is intent on killing you. These shadows, they certainly seem intent on killing us, and you have been identified as one of the chosen, whatever that means. I do know that, if these shadows believe you to be chosen, they will come for you, whether you are with us or not. If you want to hide out and fight from your home, that's fine. and I do appreciate the offer of sanctuary.

Besides, joining us doesn't mean we expect you to recklessly throw your life away. I would much prefer to do this as carefully as possible. But ultimately, we will have to act, one way or the other. Oh, and I heard one of our fellows say that another of us has a more complete shelter. pooling your resources with his could make us that much more defensible anyway. Well, I have to go. I need to know where the others stand as well. I hope to hear from han that you are with us after all. Good luck.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2016, 11:57:02 pm »

"... I will give genuine consideration to this matter. That is all I will promise."

Whilst thinking, Julio checks his snare trap, and sharpens his blade.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2016, 06:07:23 pm »

Gromble, have you deserted us? You will once again aid Fu Qyu in your ventures. If you don't act soon, I may have to retire your character, and I would hate to do that.

Turn 3 of Day 7 has begun!
"That was exhilarating! Time to make a better weapon though, I feel I got lucky there."

Return to camp and make a bone blade. Tan the two pieces of Crocodile Skin I got.

Spoiler: Caleb Fenrir (click to show/hide)

You lay the two pieces of leather you got out in the sun to dry. It's nearly nighttime, so they should be ready by tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, you use your flint nodule to scrape away at a bone, creating a fine point. Unfortunately, you accidentally break the bone in half. You try again with a second bone and succeed.

You lose

Bone x 2

You get

Bone blade, +3 attack

You inspect your new weapon. It's deadly-looking, and is rather light. It won't do much against metal armor, but the wild beasts of the area will most likely succumb to its edge. You practice with it for a bit, and actually learn a bit.
You learn a skill

Accurate, +4% crit chance (passive)

You're quite pleased with your success. It won't be long until you're ready to enter that temple.

Let him go. If he wishes not to aid us, he can receive no aid from us as well. let him face the forest alone, and die alone. We've got more important things to do.

Fu will not at any point aid one of the so called nine who refuses to join the group after having seen the threat of the shadows in the forest.

This round, Fu will scout out north around Caleb's camp toward the tower. If Caleb requires assistance with his bone blade Fu will assist.

((nice map))

Thanks, I hope it's useful.

Wanting to have a glimpse of this temple that you're to seek, you head North. Gromble insists on following you. You make headway, but you soon come to an impasse - a large swamp rings that area that you seek. You circle it, and eventually find a shallow area. You and Gromble ford it. When it becomes to high for you, which it is at most points, Gromble puts you on his shoulder, despite your protestations. You head forward, and the forest parts to reveal a dwarf, practicing with a bone knife. Upon seeing you, he readies his knife, but you lower your weapons.

((I'm going to control the dialogue here, if anything doesn't sit well with you guys, let me know and I'll revise things accordingly.))

"We are not enemies of yours. Please, allow us to introduce ourselves. I am Gromble, son of Roland, and this is my companion, Fu Qyu."

Gromble bows, and you nod your head in a gesture of friendship. The dwarf lowers his blade.

"I am Caleb Fenrir. I do not see a problem with you staying for a while if you have no intentions of fighting. In fact, if you are currently disposed to do so, could you get me out of these accursed wilds?"

Gromble chuckles, and sadly shakes his head.

"We are as lost as you are, friend. However, we think that you may be of use to us..."

Caleb is once again nervous. His hand rests on his weapon.

"What do you wish of me?" he asks, eyes narrowing.

"We... um... well... how would I explain this..." you say, thinking that the dwarf will believe you insane if you speak the truth.

"Creatures of the night haunt these woods. We think that you may be able to stop them." says Gromble, not skirting the truth.

He draws the box with the knives out of his cloak. You didn't even know that he was carrying them. Caleb look at them, dumbfounded.

"What might those be for?" he asks, stepping backwards.

"These will make you able to defeat the shadows of the night. At least, that's what we were told. If you want, we'll give you a chance to see the foe we fight before you join us. If you join us, that is."

Caleb nods, but you can tell that he's still reeling from the quick turn events.

"Well, uh, I'll consider it..." says Caleb.

You and Gromble head back across the swamp, and go to your respective camps. You let Gromble head off into the darkness without a word. It's better that he stay separated from the group, for everyone's sake. You go back to your camp and sleep well.

Chop down trees and (begin to) make a wooden fort to act as a safehouse.

You cut down a few of the dead trees that surround you. They're flimsy, but they'll do. You don't build a fort, but you do get a fire going.

Han Yu snorts in derison,
"And how long will your fire last against the endless tides of darkness? Stay here if you wish, for it seems my words of wisdom fall on deaf ears."

Han Yu goes back to the camp, and digs a trench (or a partial trench, if one turn isnt enough) around it.

You leave the man to his devices, and return to your camp. The girl, Elise, insists on helping you dig the trench. The two of you make a little progress when you hear something approaching. It's lieutenant Dàelen, you realize. Elise readies her mace, but you shake your head and she puts it away.
Lieutenant Dàelen has joined you! Please include his character sheet, spoiler'd, with every post. You may include it in your sheet if you wish to do so.
Spoiler: Lieutenant Dàelen (click to show/hide)

Dàelen joins you in digging the trench, and the three of you create a semi-circle by nightfall. Elise returns to her camp, but Dàelen sleeps on the ground at your camp, sword next to him. You look at the stars, unable to sleep, and think about what's to come.

"... I will give genuine consideration to this matter. That is all I will promise."

Whilst thinking, Julio checks his snare trap, and sharpens his blade.

You're a bit worried about the effectiveness of your trap. After all, both Aloren and this group of fools have bypassed your trap. You check it, and sure enough, the weak spot in the vine has snapped again. You fix it for the second time. For the remainder of the time, you hone your bone blade with the flint on your trap. You make progress. Maybe if you work on it more later...

Honing progress (bone blade) 1/2
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2016, 06:13:38 pm »

"I suppose I should join... for safety."

Julio finishes honing his blade, then proceeds to the field and investigates the ritual stuff.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2016, 06:49:40 pm »

Name: Dy Lin wond ay
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 26, 2016, 09:36:42 pm »

"So... I guess I'll keep on preparing to enter the temple until they come back. I'll need more leather to make good protection."

Equip the bone blade. Hunt for crocodiles in the swamp.

Spoiler: Caleb Fenrir (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23