Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 37142 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2016, 09:21:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fighting Style: Balanced

Turn 2: Han Yu searches for a formidable opponent to hone his skills on.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2016, 09:27:21 pm »

Fighting Style: Balanced

Turn 2: Han Yu searches for a formidable opponent to hone his skills on.

Very well, I've locked in your actions for turn 2.

Since Fu-Ka-Yu was asleep at about this time yesterday, I'll have him sleep in. He'll get +10 to all of his rolls next turn when he wakes.
Fu-Ka-Yu

You snooze away, you lazy sod and rest well.

Now we wait for Gromble to act.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2016, 09:32:54 pm »

Going to sleep now- if needs be, put me on auto-forage.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2016, 09:33:33 pm »

Going to sleep now- if needs be, put me on auto-forage.
K.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2016, 09:35:19 pm »

Spoiler: Gromble! (click to show/hide)

The heavy-set man stumbles without aim through the dense thickets. For a moment, he strokes his thick mustache and ponders on the situation. Concluding, 'Haha! At least my life remains still in-tact, no?' With hopes for the future high and ever the optimist, Grom moves through the wood in his usual bombastic fashion, set to explore.

[[ I think that's about right for my turn, yeah? Do let me know whenever I make a fool of myself! ]]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:16:32 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2016, 10:18:16 pm »

The heavy-set man stumbles without aim through the dense thickets. For a moment, he strokes his thick mustache and ponders on the situation. Concluding, 'Haha! At least my life remains still in-tact, no?' With hopes for the future high and ever the optimist, Grom moves through the wood in his usual bombastic fashion, set to explore.

[[ I think that's about right for my turn, yeah? Do let me know whenever I make a fool of myself! ]]

A good choice in narrative format! You have not made a fool of yourself, rather, you have achieved the contrary.
You roll a 68.
In relatively high spirits considering the situation, you push through the dark forest, looking for any distinguishing landmarks. You stumble out of the woods, and into a vast, rocky field. You can see any potential enemies from far away without trees blocking your view, but they can also easily see you.

Turn 2 of Day 3 has begun!
As noon passes, the sun reaches its apex. With it, you feel comfort. You are confident.

Combat Stance: Balanced
Stand up and confidently stride into the campsite, calling a greeting to the two individuals. Have my bone blade at the ready, but concealed.

You greet them. The gnome bolts awake, a club at the ready, and the girl draws a sharp dagger. You bow, and state that you mean no harm to them. The girl seems convinced, but the gnome is less than persuaded. A short interrogation ensues, before you both come to the agreement that you have a better chance of surviving in a group.
Julio has met Fu-Ka-Yu and Elise!
I observe the goings on ofthe awkward tableau before me, without announcing my presence.

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)
You see the three of them speak, and they seem to end on friendly terms. You want to reveal yourself at first, but then you chide yourself for your thoughts.

No, Fu... you have something they may want. They are three, you are one. They will kill you and take your knife... stay concealed for now. Maybe you can return, hiding the knife... or maybe you can steal from them... you will act decisively very soon, Fu Qyu...

Fu-Ka-Yu
Julio
Since I wouldn't imagine that palaver takes up a whole turn, you lot forage and hunt together.
Fu rolls a 78. 10 is added since you have a companion, bringing the total to 48.
Ju rolls a 10.
You all forage, an unstable peace having set in. Julio is rather distracted, thinking about what may come to pass as a result of his new alliance, but Fu-Ka-Yu's sharp eyes are a bit more discerning, and they notice a trail of blood. It leads to the shredded corpses of a pair of Elven scouts. You ransack the corpses. Unfortunately, the bow that one of the scouts was carrying is splintered, but the bowstring is salvageable, along with a few other supplies.
Fu-Ka-Yu finds

String
Elven scout armor x 2, +1 defense
Copper dagger, +1 attack
Rusty copper dagger, + 1 attack, prone to breaking

Han Yu
You roll a 36 for COMBAAAAT
You creep through the forest, arrow-shiv at the ready. You spot a small form, half-prone, staring into an empty clearing. It seems that they're waiting for something, readying for an ambush. You figure that they aren't a sapient being to the point of the main races, due to their small size. You spring at them.

Combat log
Han Yu charges at Fu Qyu!
Fu Qyu tries to run, but fails!
Han Yu tries to strike Fu Qyu, but Fu Qyu's small stature helps him dodge!
Fu Qyu escapes!

You pant, and only after the attack occurred realize the savagery of what you just did. Something about this land is clouding your mind...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2016, 10:36:06 pm »

Fu Qyu runs away north to the rocky field!

Nothing good can come from remaining in that scary place. Those people ... what were tey doing? the one had a knife ready. And that other one. He attacked me! But then ... those goblins attacked that town, and I ... no Fu Qyu. Best not to think about it. best not to remember. Fu Qyu mutters to himself, gripping his two handed knife tightly, close to his chest, eyes wide.

((I was tempted to just step out and call out for help from the other three, since the battle took place right beside them, but I think IC I couldn't quite justify it.))

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2016, 10:38:40 pm »

[[ Much appreciated Rethi! ]]
Spoiler: Prior Action (click to show/hide)

Turn II Day III

For a time Gromble gazes up toward the light, those ancient eyes of his ever-so-squinted. Indeed he is comforted as the warmth of its rays bathe him, however the clear skies are a portent for what is to come during the nights. Walking with the stick at his side, the large man jaunts through the field of rocks, specifically looking for a hole, cave, alcove, or anything that might fit his large form comfortably enough 'neath the dirt. Preferably secluded.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2016, 11:05:39 pm »

Fu Qyu runs away north to the rocky field!

Nothing good can come from remaining in that scary place. Those people ... what were tey doing? the one had a knife ready. And that other one. He attacked me! But then ... those goblins attacked that town, and I ... no Fu Qyu. Best not to think about it. best not to remember. Fu Qyu mutters to himself, gripping his two handed knife tightly, close to his chest, eyes wide.

((I was tempted to just step out and call out for help from the other three, since the battle took place right beside them, but I think IC I couldn't quite justify it.))

Not gonna include the roll number from now on, just gonna say whether you succeed or not.

You flee the Northern Plains, running as fast as you can. You eventually make it, only to see another stranger, approaching you! You try to run the other way, but trip on a rock, and fall sprawled out on the ground.

[[ Much appreciated Rethi! ]]

Turn II Day III

For a time Gromble gazes up toward the light, those ancient eyes of his ever-so-squinted. Indeed he is comforted as the warmth of its rays bathe him, however the clear skies are a portent for what is to come during the nights. Walking with the stick at his side, the large man jaunts through the field of rocks, specifically looking for a hole, cave, alcove, or anything that might fit his large form comfortably enough 'neath the dirt. Preferably secluded.

Interrupt!
As you search for shelter, a terrified Lilliputian, little more than a boy, scrambles towards you. Catching sight of you, he runs away, only to fall. He starts to crawl away, but you try to calm him.

"Peace, friend! I mean you no harm." you say, deep voice rumbling.

The child shows no sign of stopping. Despite not wanting to do this, you stride over to the Lilliputian and pick him up, easily enough. To your surprise, he drops a hunting knife. He is frantically trying to claw his way out of your grasp, but it does nothing.

"I am not a foe. I simply seek shelter, as these lands are strange to me. Perhaps you know of somewhere safe to rest?"

The Lilliputian stops clawing, and speaks for the first time.

"Y-you'll let me g-go... if I help you! Yes?"

You nod. You'd prefer to be away from them before nightfall, worrying not for your safety, but for his. You tuck his hunting knife in your belt and put him down.

Joint action - Fu Qyu and Gromble walk back to Fu Qyu's shelter.

"H-here is a nice space. Hidden and nice..." Fu Qyu pauses, pointing to a hollow area in a nearby tree. "Warm there. L-let me get my things."

You pause.

"This is your place of residence? I don't want to take your living place from you. If you are okay with it, I will sleep here tonight."

The Lilliputian nods. You hand him back his knife.

You pray that you don't shift tonight.

Turn 3 of Day 3 has begun!
You all feel it. Just like how the waves recede before a tsunami, and how the winds die down in the eye of the tornado, there is a calm as the sun bathes the landscape in a dying orange light. The smell of rain is strong in the air, just as it is before thunder strikes. The black shadow of Death shall pass over the Northern Wilds tonight. Pray that it does not choose thee.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2016, 11:23:56 pm »

Return to my campsite and check the snare trap.
"I'm heading back for the night. You're welcome to join me, son. Just be careful. The forest is dangerous, Fu. If you don't kill it, it will kill you."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2016, 11:33:12 pm »

"i-i-it's not like I've been here long, or anything. Y-y-you can have it. I'll find another. I-i-i am ex-exiled here. It was an accident, really, but they didn't believe me.

Be wary, Mister! There are others about. Goblins raided a town to the west. there are still bodies on the ground there ... we could maybe scavenge some supplies from there tomorrow. You're pretty big. I bet teh goblins wouldn't fight you.

South is a forest. A creepy forest. I ran from there after being attacked. there were others. They didn't seem so bad, but I don't know what happened to them.

Fu Qyu will converse with the big guy, and try to find a nice secret hiding place nearby for the night.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2016, 11:44:00 pm »

Return to my campsite and check the snare trap.
"I'm heading back for the night. You're welcome to join me, son. Just be careful. The forest is dangerous, Fu. If you don't kill it, it will kill you."

Again, I'll do a group action, since it only makes sense that events unfold as so.
The vine of the snare trap is wearing a bit thin in some places, but you patch it up. After guiding Fu-Ka-Yu and Elise past the trap, you welcome them to your modest home. Suddenly, you panic. The fire is nearly dead! You and Fu-Ka-Yu pile on some more wood while Elise fans the flame with a large leaf. The fire flares alive again, and you sigh with relief. Something tells you that keeping the shadows at bay is important. You spend a little time trying to find a way to create a dart out of a tooth, but experience no success. You go to sleep, piling a gratuitous amount of wood on the fire. Fu-Ka and Elise are also deep in slumber. The three of you sleep well, and no harm comes to you.

"i-i-it's not like I've been here long, or anything. Y-y-you can have it. I'll find another. I-i-i am ex-exiled here. It was an accident, really, but they didn't believe me.

Be wary, Mister! There are others about. Goblins raided a town to the west. there are still bodies on the ground there ... we could maybe scavenge some supplies from there tomorrow. You're pretty big. I bet teh goblins wouldn't fight you.

South is a forest. A creepy forest. I ran from there after being attacked. there were others. They didn't seem so bad, but I don't know what happened to them.

Fu Qyu will converse with the big guy, and try to find a nice secret hiding place nearby for the night.

You roll awesomely for the conversation, and as such glean a lot from him.
You converse with Gromble. You learn that he was exiled from his home, similar to yourself. He reveals little about what got him here, but says it was an accident, something that further likens your plight to his. At first, you are still nervous, but over time, you grow accustomed to the man's presence, possibly even fond of him. He's well over six feet tall, a stark contrast to you, but you feel no apprehension about this. However, there is still one thing that scares you about the man. There is something he's hiding...

You both eventually go to sleep. You rest confidently with Gromble at your side.

Han Yu

You return to your treetop abode and sleep. You're weary, and the sleep drives the fog from your mind. You feel an evil presence draw near, but it soon passes, focused on something other than you.

Meanwhile...

A servant of the night smells the air. Its prey is close. However, when it draws close, it sees light. It draws back, repulsed by the orange glow of the fire. Not tonight...

"A servant of the night smells the air"

Art is by me :D

Day 4, Turn 1 has begun!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2016, 11:53:19 pm »

Turn III Day III

"Haahaaha! Slow down little one, slow down." Grom lets out a healthy chuckle, sat firmly within the confines of the 'camp'. By proportion, you've a piddly little thing, frightfully thin at that, beside a mountain of a man. Quite the disparity indeed. And thusly, it was more akin to an adult in a child's play house.

He listens intently to the small being, showing a genuine interest in their words, before responding with his own accent-wrapped speech.

"I too was exiled amidst these lands, good company eh? Haahah. It seems these lands are rife in troubled times. . . So why not make the best of it, no? I'd be glad to go along with you little one." Gromble, flashes a warm smile to the lilliputian before returning his gaze to the skies above with a thankful sigh. Bleak clouds darkening the celestial objects above all the while.

"Believe it or not. . . The weather, while harsh, is a good omen. Always remember little one, the rains may come, and you will get wet. But there is always sunshine just on the horizon." With that, he stood, but adding simply, "We could use a good fire, no? Strong enough to weather the storm, care to aid me?"

Grom will do what he can to build a fire, before finding a decently secluded spot within the camp to rest assured.

[[ EDIT: Ah darn, and I just nearly finished my dialogue before that post too. Hope it doesn't interfere too much, actually seems like we had about the same idea for it, so that's good!]]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 12:18:00 am by Unraveller »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2016, 11:58:06 pm »

Turn III Day III

"Haahaaha! Slow down little one, slow down." Grom lets out a healthy chuckle, sat firmly within the confines of the 'camp'. By proportion, you've a piddly little thing, frightfully thin at that, beside a mountain of a man. Quite the disparity indeed. And thusly, it was more akin to an adult in a child's play house.

He listens intently to the small being, showing a genuine interest in their words, before responding with his own accent-wrapped speech.

"I too was exiled amidst these lands, good company eh? Haahah. It seems these lands are rife in troubled times. . . So why not make the best of it, no? I'd be glad to go along with you little one." Gromble, flashes a warm smile to the lilliputian before returning his gaze to the skies above with a thankful sigh. Bleak clouds darkening the celestial objects above all the while.

"Believe it or not. . . The weather, while harsh, is a good omen. Always remember little one, the rains may come, and you will get wet. But there is always sunshine just on the horizon." With that, he stood, but adding simply, "We could use a good fire, no? Strong enough to weather the storm, care to aid me?"

Grom will do what he can to build a fire, before finding a decently secluded spot within the camp to rest assured.

[[ EDIT: Ah darn, and I just nearly finished my dialogue before that post too. Hope it doesn't interfere too much, actually seems like we had about the same idea for it, so that's good! ]]

Holy poopfarts, how similar. Why yes, I shall treat that as part of the earlier post. Anyways, the fire doesn't matter much, since the sun has shown its baby-faced grin.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2016, 12:17:38 am »

Turn I Day IV

The sun peaks on over through the previously-grey above, Grom's words hold true. A certain uneasiness blankets the sparse wood however. Still, with resolve and will at their greatest of heights, the immense Gromble's eyes come open in abrupt fashion. Instantly, the man's head swivels back and forth, absorbing the surroundings, the himself, and finally the small form of the lilliputian.

Another great wave of relief washes over him.

He stands, gathers his things. . . Thing. And shortly thereafter gestures his new companion awake. "The morning hours wane little one. We must away to scavenge that area you spoke of." With the he nearly sets off, but quickly turns again to the small being, "Gromble. . . I am Grom." His teeth show through a smile as he begins to leave camp, hopefully with the lilliputian as guide, by his side.

And then hopefully there after, they'll have a good go at gathering useful supplies at the aforementioned town.

EDIT: When they get there, if they get there, Grom will make sure to look for anything that would be good as a bind. Chain, rope, one thousand strings. That kind of stuff.

[[  Also, lovely creature, I dread to know if it's the same one that tore the dwarf asunder! ]]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:19:21 am by Unraveller »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23