Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 37086 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #255 on: January 04, 2017, 10:44:59 pm »

Try and heal myself.

Spoiler: Caleb Fenrir (click to show/hide)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 04, 2017, 10:46:58 pm »

Unfortunately, all actions will be postponed until the siege breaks. It should be over in 2 days max.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 05, 2017, 12:54:08 am »

Unfortunately, all actions will be postponed until the siege breaks. It should be over in 2 days max.
What? We can't do actions while the seige happens? I wanna shoot that huge elf.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 05, 2017, 01:12:06 am »

What? We can't do actions while the seige happens? I wanna shoot that huge elf.
To clarify, those who are being besieged act normally over the course of e night, whenever an important event happens.

Also, the huge elf is Han Yu's companion. While shooting him isn't unallowed, or even discouraged, it may trigger a large sequence of events. Bad events.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 05, 2017, 06:22:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Julio breaks out of his shock and assists Fu Qyu with his wounds.

"Allow me to help, little one."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 05, 2017, 11:01:51 am »

((Sorry for no reply, internet was iffy; it kept going off and on.))

Han Yu listens to any suggestions about the defence Dāelen has, and attempts to learn magic.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 05, 2017, 02:49:49 pm »

Julio breaks out of his shock and assists Fu Qyu with his wounds.

"Allow me to help, little one."

You bandage Fu Qyu's wounds with some leaves and a bit of cloth scavenged from the corpse of a possessed warrior. The makeshift bandages aren't perfect, but they certainly help.

+2 hp (Fu Qyu)

You find yourself with a little extra time and bandage your own wounds as well.

+2 hp (Julio)

((Sorry for no reply, internet was iffy; it kept going off and on.))

Han Yu listens to any suggestions about the defence Dāelen has, and attempts to learn magic.

You're fine, not at all your fault.

You and lieutenant Dāelen discuss the defense plan.

"I have an idea." says Dāelen, eyes lighting up. "What if we lit fires here, here, and here?"

Dāelen points to three spots around the edges of the camp, each with a gap in the spikes.

"Said fires will funnel the enemy to the areas with the densest spikes. We can set up the gangplank over such an area, funneling the enemies into it. We simply have to push them off the plank and they'll be impaled. If everything goes awry, we can set the plank on fire, but that's only if everything else fails."

You and lieutenant Dāelen start setting up said defenses, which doesn't take long. You light the last of the fires, but don't feel any safer. You start trying to use magic. You meditate, you try to force it out, and you even try messing around with the Pendant of Enceladus, and yet nothing happens.

READY FOR ANOTHER TRY?

~

Combat log

Four of the possessed soldiers are impaled on spikes crossing the trench!
You swing your pike in a huge arc, crippling two of the possessed and minorly wounding one!
Julio bashes one of the possessed with his shield, crippling them!
Elise strikes one of the wounded possessed soldiers in the head with her mace, killing them!
Fu Qyu strikes one of the wounded possessed soldier in the chest with his knife! Black mist pours forth from the wound!
Lieutenant Dāelen swings his longsword in a huge arc, crippling two of the possessed and missing one!
One of the possessed hurls a javelin at Julio, but misses!
One of the possessed attacks you with a short sword, but misses!
One of the possessed delivers a devastating
One of the possessed attacks Elise with a short sword, striking her left shoulder! -4 hp
One of the possessed hurls a javelin at you! It strikes you in the chest! -3 hp
One of the possessed attacks you with a pickaxe, but you dodge!
One of the possessed charges lieutenant Dāelen, bowling him over!
One of the possessed charges Elise, but falls off of the wooden plank while doing so and falls on the spikes! (extreme critical fail!)
One of the possessed hurls a knife at Dāelen, but it bounces off of his armor!
One of the possessed attacks Julio with a pickaxe, but misses!
One of the possessed kicks you with inhuman strength, sending you flying! -2 hp
More possessed soldiers pour in...
You're still reeling from the kick!
Julio stabs one of the possessed in the neck, killing them!
Elise strikes one of the possessed in the arm, disabling the limb!
Fu Qyu fires an arrow at one of the possessed. It hits them in the eye, and they fall dead! Fu Qyu retrieves his arrow.
Lieutenant Dāelen stands up.
One of the possessed stabs Elise in the upper abdomen! -3 hp
Elise is bleeding pretty badly... -1 hp
One of the possessed charges you, but falls off the plank onto the spikes!
One of the possessed strikes you with a whip! -2 hp
One of the possessed strikes Julio with a halberd! The blow is partially deflected by his helmet. -1 hp
One of the possessed strikes lieutenant Dāelen with an axe! -5 hp
One of the possessed strikes Fu Qyu with a dagger! The blow is partially deflected by his armor. -1 hp
One of the possessed, with abnormal strength, picks you up and hurls you at Elise, knocking you both down! -1 hp to both
Two Implings join the battle!
Impling 1 strikes Elise with its claw, worsening her bleeding! -4 hp
Impling 2 charges Julio and slams against him! -3 hp
One of the possessed strikes Fu Qyu in the chest, sending him flying! -2 hp
You stand up.
Julio stabs one of the possessed, wounding them! Black mist trickles from the wound!
Elise stands up. Her hands are shaking, and she's rather bloodied....
Fu Qyu stands up.
In a desperate gambit, lieutenant Dāelen sets the plank on fire. Most of the possessed die in the resulting inferno. Fu Qyu is minorly burned. -1 hp

You watch of the rest of the possessed gather on the other side of the trench. Their red eyes pierce into you, sending you a single message.

'We won.'

Julio

You run over to Elise, who is very badly injured. She embraces you, and you hold her bloodied head in your hands. You try to staunch her bleeding, but it is to no avail - she grows paler with every second, rapidly losing blood. You turn to the horde of possessed, rage welling within you.

THERE IS NO ESCAPE! YOU ARE ONLY DELAYING THE INEVITABLE. SURRENDER NOW, AND I MAY SPARE YOU.

No. We will never surrender.

You look for the source of the strange voice, and you don't believe what you see. Elise is standing shakily, but a blue light flickers in her hand. Her eyes shine with light. The possessed soldiers let out a hiss, shielding their eyes from the light.

YOUR MAGIC IS NO MATCH FOR US, GIRL!

The possessed soldiers mount a charge, heedlessly trampling each other into the spike filled trench. A burst of blue fire shoots from Elise's hand, incinerating one of the possessed. Two more of them charge her, but in a flash of blue light she vaporizes them. A few more of them crawl out of the ditch, accompanied by an Impling.

We need to escape this place!

Your group runs to the West, fighting your way through the hordes of the possessed. You make it to Fu Qyu's camp when Han Yu collapses on the ground, his wounds getting the better of him.

"I cannot keep running. Go on without me."

You aren't about to let Han Yu die, however. You and the elven lieutenant start digging a trench, while Elise sprays blue fire at any of the possessed who come too close. Two tripods stride through the horde, lashing out at Elise with their enormous legs.

Combat log

Elise brings down a Tripod with a blast of blue fire!
Three hunters arrive, accompanied by a number of Implings!
Hunter 1 lashes out at Elise, striking her with a claw! -? hp
Hunter 2 leaps at Elise, but misses!
A flash of blue light emits from Elise's hand, stunning the closest group of enemies!
One of the possessed hurls a javelin at you, but misses!
Hunter 3 strikes lieutenant Dāelen with a claw! -7 hp
An Impling leaps at Elise, but she counterattacks with a blast of blue flame, vaporising it!
An Impling leaps at you, but lieutenant Dāelen strikes it out of the air with his longsword!
One of the possessed charges you, but you sidestep!
You stab one of the possessed in the neck, killing them!
Elise sends a beam of light flying at an Impling! When it hits, the Impling is sent flying, and melts away into the night!
Two more Tripods arrive, leading a group of Implings!
Lieutenant Dāelen swings his longsword at one of the possessed, crippling them!
One of the possessed hurls a javelin at Elise, but it bounces harmlessly off of a shield of blue light!
You stab an Impling with your bone blade! It staggers back, a gout of black ooze pouring from its wound!
Hunter 1 leaps at Elise, but is thrown back by a blast of blue fire!
Elise seems to be tiring...
Hunter 2 and Hunter 3 both tackle Elise! The three of them start grappling!
Han Yu stands up. He seems a little bit better...

Keep running! I'll catch up with you soon! It's nearly dawn!

You look at the sky, and sure enough, a pink tint is filtering into the night sky. You start running, heading towards the former battlefield. Elise is following you, and it seems that she's lost her newfound power. Her wounds seem less serious, though, and she runs with renewed vigor.

You actually made it out alive.

You hear the angry roaring of The Collective growing ever fainter, until it fades away. You reach the battlefield, and everyone regroups. Dāelen shakes your hand, and Elise embraces you.

"Thank you. Thank you so much."

You really thought she was going to die, although you don't say that. You slump onto the ground, but your relief is short-lived.

YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN ESCAPE US?

Three possessed elves stand around you, armed with javelins. You look to Elise for help, but she seems to have lost her power. You, Dāelen, Han Yu, and Fu Qyu charge them. Two of the elves are dead before they can hurl their javelins, but one is able to throw his
javelin. The javelin soars dangerously close to your head, but you duck at just the right moment, and the javelin flies by. You rush the elf and cut his throat, killing him. You look around for more of the possessed, but see none. That's when you hear a whisper from behind you.

"...Julio..."

The javelin that flew past you impaled Elise. You run to her side. A trickle of blood flows from her mouth, and runs into the pool forming around her wound.

"No!" you shout, holding her head in your hands. She coughs up blood.

"Julio... thank you. I... I didn't... want to d-die knowing... that you would too."

Everyone else is by her side as well now. Elise winces as you prop her up, trying in vain to find a way to remove the javelin.

"...Goodbye, Julio. Thank you... thank you for everything. D-don't give up... you have the magic too..."

Elise trails off, tears glistening in her eyes.

"Goodbye, Elise."

Turn 1 of Day 10 (or maybe 11) has begun.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2017, 03:11:10 pm »

Spoiler: Han Yu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dāelen (click to show/hide)

Fighting Style: Defensive

"So what now? Do we go to the Tower, or should we rest for a while?"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 03:53:07 pm by vishdafish »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2017, 03:20:33 pm »

[glow=indigo]E-Elise ...[/glow] Fu stands awkwardly by as Julio holds the girl. But danger is still too near for him to stay still for long.

No time to grieve. Fu Qyu will spend the morning searching for additional arrows while contemplating Elise' magic.

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 05, 2017, 03:24:49 pm »

Julio is slumped over Elise's body.

"Run...? What's the point of it all...?

No matter how far we flee, no matter how much we fortify, they will find us, and they will try to annihilate us.

The only solution thus... is to completely obliterate them.
"

Julio looks up. The tears streaming from his eyes do their best to mar his furious expression.

"They fear fire, yet they can also corrupt it if it already burns before their attacks begin. How do we counter this...?

I'm going to be alone for a little while. I need some time...
"

Julio spends the first part of the day meditating, clearing his mind, and trying to grasp the reality of his situation.

"We need a weapon..."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 03:28:35 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 05, 2017, 03:27:00 pm »

"I... need to find the others. I can't survive another night like that on my own."

Try and find the others.

Spoiler: Caleb Fenrir (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:08:29 pm by Rautherdir »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 05, 2017, 03:49:06 pm »

Han Yu sighs deeply, before patting Julio on the shoulder.
"She fought bravely, and died with honor. We shall all mourn her loss. The best we can do for her is to value her sacrifice, by stopping these accursed shadows."

Han Yu tends to his wounds. He suggests that Dāelen does the same.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 05, 2017, 07:07:06 pm »

PLAYERS READ THIS: I am next to the castle in my fort. Consider my fort to be a safe-haven for anyone who wants a safer place to spend the night or a place to meet up. Also I know one of the potential weaknesses of at least the less powerful enemies from the collective. I know that other people have other knowledge. Between everyone we may have a shot to survive.
If it is day, do a spot check around my fort for enemies.

If I see another player, invite them to the fort. If I see the possessed/a monster, prepare for siege. If I don't sense anything amiss, try to build a shovel.

Should I now possess a shovel, try to build a trench around the fort.

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 06, 2017, 06:57:43 am »

((I would be happy to go to your fort, when I get to know about it IC.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2017, 07:28:47 am »

((What you do know the location of is the tower most likely. Since I am right outside the tower, you will spot me quickly))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23