Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 37163 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #180 on: December 26, 2016, 10:08:55 pm »

Start making a wall out of logs (for the fort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 26, 2016, 10:40:29 pm »

Spoiler: Han Yu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lieutenant Dāelen (click to show/hide)

"Hard work; perhaps unfitting work for someone of your rank. Yet, I would rather shed sweat than blood, and be comforted by the thought of a safe home while I am away."

Han Yu chops down some young saplings, and sharpens them into stakes. If Dāelen wishes to help, he accepts his aid (gladly).

((How to add text to a spoiler title? Like spoiler:xxxxx as opposed to just spoiler.))
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 10:51:38 pm by vishdafish »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 26, 2016, 10:46:11 pm »

(([!spoiler=text][/spoiler] Minus the exclamation mark.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 26, 2016, 10:51:51 pm »

((Ok, thanks!))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 26, 2016, 10:52:14 pm »

Imma scout around up by that tower

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2016, 02:13:08 am »

Sorry for the long wait, holidays and all are hell on earth with my family a bit of a rough time.

Anyways, without further ado,
Turn 1 of Day 8 has begun!

Name: Dy Lin wond ay

Dy Lin, you are a Lilliputian! Please choose your class.

"I suppose I should join... for safety."

Julio finishes honing his blade, then proceeds to the field and investigates the ritual stuff.

You sharpen your blade a bit more. It was a long process, but your weapon is now razor sharp.
You lose

Bone blade, +3 attack

You get

Honed bone blade, +3 attack, +8% critical hit chance, +8% critical hit damage

It takes a long time, but the product is of the finest quality. You head to the plains, crossbow in hand. You see Elise asleep in the elf's camp, along with the elf himself. A third elf, nearly six feet tall and muscular by even human standards, stands guard. He readies a huge longsword when you approach and calls awake the first elf, who motions for him to lower his blade.

"Ah, so you have come. I knew you would return."

Elise smiles, and nods to the elf, who is regarding you in a much less friendly manner.

Dialogue between Han Yu and Julio will now occur. I will control Dáelen and Elise if they talk at any point. You have 18 hours, real time, to finish the in game discussion, or I will cut it short. Sorry, guys, but time is a constraint with RTD games like this.

Spoiler: Han Yu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lieutenant Dāelen (click to show/hide)

"Hard work; perhaps unfitting work for someone of your rank. Yet, I would rather shed sweat than blood, and be comforted by the thought of a safe home while I am away."

Han Yu chops down some young saplings, and sharpens them into stakes. If Dāelen wishes to help, he accepts his aid (gladly).

((How to add text to a spoiler title? Like spoiler:xxxxx as opposed to just spoiler.))

You wake up early in the morning and get to work chopping saplings. Dāelen offers his aid, but you realize that the only tool you have fit for chopping work is the shovel, so you take turns chopping the wood, carving spikes out of it, and resting. You're resting when Dāelen calls you awake, motioning to the approaching figure.

See coolrune's stuffs for more info. Long story short, Han Yu and Julio are chatting in a less than friendly manner.

Imma scout around up by that tower

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)

I'm assuming you mean the temple since nobody has discovered the Tower of Relanis yet. Also, the enemies in the tower will destroy you. Utterly.

Once again, you cross the swamp with Gromble in tow. The two of you pass it, but instead of going to Caleb's camp, you head towards the pyramid looming in the distance. The two of you arrive closer, and the size of the structure only then truly hits you. It's ancient, obviously older than the trees around it, and yet it's higher than anything you've ever seen before. The bottom is a huge square, which slowly wanes in size as one goes higher up, in the typical fashion of a pyramid. However, halfway up, the tapering stops with a flat face. A shrine is built upon the top of the half-pyramid, with a staircase leading into a small tower. You spend a while searching for a door, and yet there is none to be found. You start looking for hidden entrances, and it doesn't take you long to spot a poorly concealed lever behind a stone panel, half chipped away. You pull it, and sure enough, there's a grinding noise as a huge stone slab sinks into the earth, revealing a dark passageway. You're about to enter when you see something - there's a blanket of dust on the floor, and yet there are fresh footprints inside.

You retreat, but you know you must return soon...

You labor for a while, stacking the logs against one another. They're brittle, but the wall is rather thick, so it will hold. Of course, there are still three other directions that need to be walled up, but at least one side has been done. You gaze at the looming tower the whole time, wondering what may lie within...

"So... I guess I'll keep on preparing to enter the temple until they come back. I'll need more leather to make good protection."

Equip the bone blade. Hunt for crocodiles in the swamp.

Spoiler: Caleb Fenrir (click to show/hide)

You hunt for crocodiles in the swamps to the South. It doesn't take long for you to find a few of them.\

Combat log
You strike the crocodile in the head, leaping from concealment!
The crocodile is stunned by your sudden appearance.
You strike the crocodile in the head, but its scales deflect the blow...
The crocodile bites you in the arm! You drop your weapon! (critical hit) -6hp
You pick up your bone blade.
The crocodile lunges at you, but you dodge.
You stab the crocodile in the abdomen, killing it! (critical hit)

You get

Crocodile skin x 2
Sharp tooth x 3
Scale x 3
Bone x 2

You continue hunting, and find another crocodile! This one is smaller than the last, so it won't be a hard fight.

Combat log

You strike the crocodile in the chest!
The crocodile tries running away, but fails!
You strike the crocodile in the arm, severing the limb and killing it!

You get

Crocodile skin
Sharp tooth x 2
Scale x 2
Bone

You return to your camp, lugging the dead crocodile parts behind you.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:00:30 am by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2016, 02:18:12 am »

"Humph. Aren't you just the prettiest thing I've ever laid eyes upon.

Maybe I took the sarcasm a little far there. We both know I'm lying.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2016, 07:05:59 am »

((Was that directed at me or Elise?))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2016, 08:09:17 am »

((Han Yu))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2016, 08:40:02 am »

"Heh. No need for rude words. State your business Hunter- why have you come?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2016, 08:47:21 am »

"The words aren't "rude". I just figured that, as you are elves, I would be receiving the classic "Elven Superiority" treatments, and I decided to strike first with my own.
Well, the reason I'm here is because I was tracking an elvish outlaw. Oh, do you mean, why am I here right now? Even I'm not fully sure.

Unless you're asking about a far more metaphysical question. If that's the case, I can't answer you in the slightest.
"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:49:11 am by Coolrune206 »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2016, 08:56:23 am »

"I have neither the time nor skill to exchange sharp words with you, Hunter. You are welcome to stay in my camp if you wish- seeing as you value safety so greatly- but disturb me with idle talk no longer."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 28, 2016, 09:04:35 am »

((You, uh, forgot my action))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2016, 09:51:51 am »

((Same))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2016, 10:46:31 am »

((Same))

Holy crap sorry, OP modified
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23