Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cassia IV evolution game  (Read 973 times)

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cassia IV evolution game
« on: December 17, 2016, 12:22:37 pm »

Inspired by the evolution games on /tg/ and the one on this forum, I have decided to begin my own evolution game.

Welcome to the planet Cassia IV. The fourth planet from its star, Cassia has been barren for millions of years, but now for the first time, true multicellular life has begun to appear deep underground. What happens next, you will decide...

How to play:
1) Evolve a creature by modifying their picture on ms paint and giving a plausible reason.
2) Only a single modification/upgrade may be made per 'update'.
3) You can evolve any organism.
4) I will occasionally make a disaster happen, which will drive some organisms extinct and force others to adapt

Starting organisms

Topurakletcus. This is an omnivore which eats both Noralgae and Shloworms. It moves by wriggling around in the water and is around 1 cm long.

Shloworm. The Shloworm is a detrivore, which lives on the ocean floor and moves via undulation. It is 5 millimetres long and the main food source of the Topurakletcus.

Noralgae. The Noralgae is a simple floral organism which photosynthesises using the compound carotene. At 5 centimetres tall, it is Cassia IV's largest organism.

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cassia IV evolution game
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 12:24:39 pm »

Let's start this off!

Topuratooth. This descendant of the Topurakletcus has gained several hard chitin based "teeth" in its mouth, allowing it to get a better grip on the Shloworms.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:28:11 pm by Vailnoff »

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 12:59:15 pm »

Shlocrawler. To escape the grasp of the Topuraworm and its descendants, the Shlocrawler has developed simple leg-like limbs that allow it to crawl along the seabed at a slightly faster pace than simple undulation.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 01:00:38 pm »

The Topurafin developed due to the heightened risk posed by hungry Topuratooth. Its fin gave it the ability to move much faster in the waters. It feeds on Shloworm and Noralgae.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 07:39:55 pm »

PTW. Will contribute at another time, I'm not at a computer
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 10:24:05 pm »

How did you upload these photos? Unlike similar games, it seems that each creature is not a solid color, but instead textured. And there are several white (invisible in these, but apparent when trying to use the fill function) in the background. If you did these in MS paint, could you try uploading them differently so that they're easier to edit?

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 02:53:40 am »

The creatures are supposed to be solid colours, I think the texture is just from jpeg distortion. I'll change the file format to png, that might make things a bit better.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 03:36:18 am »

:) awesome

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 03:43:05 am »

PTW

Wish android had a pixel art app that would work with these.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 05:23:06 am »

Fintail. Some descendants of the Topurafin grew even faster, eventually developing a "tail" that allowed it to manoeuvre more easily in the waters.

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 06:32:09 am »

Bump.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 06:34:18 am »

Norwalg'wae. The Noralg'wae is a Noralgae variant that developed pointed cellulose spikes or thorns in order to prevent organisms from grazing on it and inhibit the growth of other nearby plants.
One wheel short of a wagon

ufo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 07:34:03 am »

nice to see this game on bay 12!
i love those games

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 11:44:20 am »

Crawlshell. In response to the growing dangers of the Fintail and the Topuratooth, the Crawlshell developed a hard, chitinous  shell that allows it to camouflage itself against the seabed and is much harder for the Topuratooths teeth to penetrate.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 12:56:51 pm »

Shlonet. Some Shloworms developed a nebulous web of small strands simply to trap more nutrients.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: [1] 2