Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48848 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #480 on: February 26, 2017, 08:46:33 am »

Gilles spent some time staring at the strangers before speaking up. "Hello! Friends of Lucia, I assume. I was told about a mountain pass; how dangerous is that path? I have certain worries about its width as well, as you can imagine."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:26:01 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 26, 2017, 07:26:19 pm »

"Info on other dangers, like the presence of hostile arachnids, would also be welcome."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 27, 2017, 02:49:28 am »

Milenus takes a single step toward the door
"I am not against eating before the trip."

Gilles spent some time staring at the strangers before speaking up. "Hello! Friends of Lucia, I assume. I was told about a mountain pass; how dangerous is the that path? I have certain worries about its width as well, as you can imagine."

"Oh? Ith's good to hear you're considering the job," she says, swallowing a slice of pancake and licking the syrup from around her lips.
"I'm Lucene, and this is William Doukas. Before you ask--"
"No such thing as coincidences," quips William, devouring a piece of steak. Lucene rolls her eyes.
"...Lulu and I aren't related."
One might understand the concern. Lucia's hair is a shade of lavender, while Lucene's is a pale white with a violet tint.

Lucia doesn't seem to mind the diminutive.

"As you might expect, the mountain pass is considered dangerous. While there's no shortage of adventurers willing to take the shortcut, it's an excellent spot to get ambushed.
That's why smart folk travel together. And I am an expert magician."

Lucia nods. She gravitates toward a chair, and motions for everyone to sit down.

"Info on other dangers, like the presence of hostile arachnids, would also be welcome."

"A smart criminal wouldn't dare. But unfortunately there are not-so-smart bandits, and then there are beasts of the wild. And do you hear those crows up above? They have a colony out there in a mountain cave. Something's disturbed them. Might be an avalanche, might be an old reactor going off inside a dungeon. Or it could be something novel--who can say for sure?"
A waiter skillfully parries Raioyris' attempt at grabbing a dumpling off someone's meal.
"So if you're not interested in saving time, you might consider going around the mountain."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:52:23 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 27, 2017, 01:33:33 pm »

Gilles opened the hardsuit's cockpit, got out and locked the Absalom in order to join the people at the table. "Since you're an expert magician, what has prevented you from getting the spirit out of the target?"

"And Raioyris, stop trying to get food from people's plates."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 27, 2017, 02:05:45 pm »

Hermia strikes up a conversation with the mime lady. Caw she says.

Raioyris formally apologizes to the waiter for his attempted theift, during this time his locus snakes out and snatches some food.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 01, 2017, 09:55:43 pm »

Gilles opened the hardsuit's cockpit, got out and locked the Absalom in order to join the people at the table. "Since you're an expert magician, what has prevented you from getting the spirit out of the target?"

"Ho ho, is that a joke?" Lucene sets her fork on the plate.

"If it isn't, then let me paraphrase a section of Codex Altair: 'When two souls meld, they become one in the flesh, and nothing short of divine might can separate them.'
When a magician and a spirit align their magic and begin acting on the world as if they were one, it becomes impossible to distinguish whether or not an act of the spirit comes from one or the other. This applies to both their bodies. Sure, the magician himself might know, and likewise the spirit is also aware, but how do their bodies know? Magic originates from the body, not the mind. That would be a popular misconception."

Hermia strikes up a conversation with the mime lady. Caw she says.

She is busy talking. But William is more than willing to step in her shoes: Caw Caw, he says.

Raioyris formally apologizes to the waiter for his attempted theift, during this time his locus snakes out and snatches some food.

Raioyris' locus finds its way into a bowl of soup. Still hot after extrusion, it quenches itself in the liquid, sizzling, and then goes for one of the chicken nuggets nearby.
[5 -> 2] Nobody notices. The young girl to whom the food belonged to was talking to her parent.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:48:47 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 02, 2017, 12:12:32 am »

"So in short our target is also a fantastic magician. Or perhaps you don't know if he was magician before this Ptah guy showed up and hid himself.

So we really have to fuck with his mind to locate Ptah, assuming the guys mind can identify Ptah."

Raioyris says retrieving the goods with his locus.

Hermia's head cocks, she's getting the impression this William guy is a very dumb crow.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:17:21 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 02, 2017, 01:25:09 am »

"So in short our target is also a fantastic magician. Or perhaps you don't know if he was magician before this Ptah guy showed up and hid himself.

So we really have to fuck with his mind to locate Ptah, assuming the guys mind can identify Ptah."

Lucene looks over and raises a brow.
"A fantastic one? I didn't imply that. You sure sound like someone who doesn't know--"
"--What she means to say is that the fact that he is possessed proves retroactively that he is a magician.

All you have to do is kill him so the spirit is no longer bound to his body. Then we trap it in a book and that's the end of that."

Hermia's head cocks, she's getting the impression this William guy is a very dumb crow.

William starts to feign some kind of mating call, so as to distract from his slip of the tongue beak.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 02, 2017, 11:42:34 am »

"If he's not a good magician than you can infer that any super cool magic he uses is from Ptah.

So you did imply that he is a good magician or at least that you don't know what his level of magic was before Ptah showed up.

Not that it matters if you need to kill him either way.

Are we going to kill him Gilles?"
Raioyris looks over at Gilles.

Hermia flies out of the room, it seems she doesn't want retarded children.

"You are bad with birds."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:11:56 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 02, 2017, 07:43:39 pm »

Gilles shrugged, the motion performed by his muscular form less impressive than when mimicked by his suit but still formidable. "I admit I'm not an expert on Magicians, so I thank you for the lesson. I'm the stereotypical Aurogen that likes robots and artificial intelligence, so I'm not that good with magic theory. That does get me wondering why our friend here separated a spirit from someone." he added, pointing a thumb at Raioyris, the Grand Food Thief.

"Not if we can help." he replied to Rai.

"We'll take the mountain path with you. Safety in numbers and all that, I doubt we'll have much trouble." he said, returning his attention to the extravagant people.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 03, 2017, 01:33:06 am »

"If he's not a good magician than you can infer that any super cool magic he uses is from Ptah.

So you did imply that he is a good magician or at least that you don't know what his level of magic was before Ptah showed up.

Not that it matters if you need to kill him either way."

"That logic doesn't even... regardless, their individual aptitudes is irrelevant. Their combined prowess is formidable. It'll take the lot of you to deal with him."

Hermia flies out of the room, it seems she doesn't want retarded children.

"You are bad with birds."

"I'll work on it," he says.

Gilles shrugged, the motion performed by his muscular form less impressive than when mimicked by his suit but still formidable. "I admit I'm not an expert on Magicians, so I thank you for the lesson. I'm the stereotypical Aurogen that likes robots and artificial intelligence, so I'm not that good with magic theory. That does get me wondering why our friend here separated a spirit from someone." he added, pointing a thumb at Raioyris, the Grand Food Thief.

"We'll take the mountain path with you. Safety in numbers and all that, I doubt we'll have much trouble." he said, returning his attention to the extravagant people.

"Separated? A spirit?" she stares at Raioyris, wide-eyed. "What are you?
...assuming that wasn't just a misconception. What exactly happened?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 03, 2017, 09:08:15 am »

You'd probably be better off asking him." Gilles replied.
>Yes?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 03, 2017, 08:53:03 pm »

Raioyris rolls his eyes, "...

Nothing. Nothing at all happened.

Since we don't have banshee around I guess I don't have the same options available to me that I did in the labyrinth. The target and Ptah are going to be stuck in a super imposed state.

When I 'entered' that angry bastard's mind I can't say I really accomplished anything, it was only after I provoked the banshee, our resident 'divine' might, that anything of use happened. She moved the spirit, which before I cannot even be sure I made contact with.

And even then, both times I've fought spirits have ended inconclusively. Both times they submitted to me without any real reason."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:35:57 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 04, 2017, 08:47:00 am »

"We could still try. Who knows."

"So, what exactly is that guy causing in terms of damage? And what about payment."
he added, asking those who were supposed to be his employers.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 07, 2017, 08:09:52 pm »

(So just so you guys know, updates are going to be sporadic this week. Or at least, they aren't guaranteed due to a temporarily busy schedule. But since I don't work 100% of the time there's going to be opportunities for me to update, like now.)

"We could still try. Who knows."

"So, what exactly is that guy causing in terms of damage? And what about payment."
he added, asking those who were supposed to be his employers.

"Judging by his recent endeavors, constructing the fortress we are about to invade in only a week, our targets are estimated to reach an unprecedented level of synchronization on only a month's time."
She finishes her tea.
"The sooner we strike, the better. They will only grow stronger."

Regarding the payment,
"Our sponsor is the late Duke Eisenhower of Vogtworth," she announces.
"As I am under a vow of poverty, and William isn't interested in pay, that leaves yourselves and Lulu to split the pay."
Lucia looks hesitant.
"Oh! Uh, don't expect too much from me. I'm not very well-suited to combat. Just intelligence."
Lucene slams a bag overflowing with silicon coins on the table.

"That measures to four thousand of Starforge mint. Or forty standard copper's worth, if you prefer."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37