Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48876 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #465 on: February 23, 2017, 11:25:36 am »

"I'm really bummed they didnt add a switch to shut you up Solj."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 11:30:15 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 23, 2017, 12:34:03 pm »

"As opposed to you, who does have such a 'switch'?"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 23, 2017, 02:15:09 pm »

"You're a gun Solj.

I'm starting to see way your society collapsed, all of this chattering and incredibly vain technology. What a nightmare.

Besides if I recall correctly you tried to host a spirit. And failed. And proceeded to lob insults as you are now. I can not imagine a use for such a routine, you must be defective.

Maybe the peacekeeping variant has a meekness dial."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 23, 2017, 09:10:50 pm »

"Could you start acting like a proper gun and scientific experiment?" Gilles inquired. "All this bickering is bad for business. At least try to do it only when there isn't a prospective customer around."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2017, 11:41:53 pm »

Johan looked around uneasily. He wasn't really good at defusing a potential argument or performing an assassination, and he was beginning to feel almost like a third wheel. All the same, Johan decided to simply wait and watch, hoping he wouldn't have to deal with the bickering all the time.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 24, 2017, 03:08:50 am »

"If their armor is as good as you say, it's unlikely you'll find anything portable and powerful enough any time soon. On the other side, we could probably take the job; I restrain the target and Rai does his stuff. It involves doing something to spirits, and probably getting them inside of him."

"Oh really? That's wonderful--"

"And what's the matter with with your visor's text?"

"My visor? What about it? Doesn't your suit have some kind of display too?"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 24, 2017, 06:12:47 pm »

"Yeah, though not one like yours. Aren't you getting transcripts of what we say? Mine doesn't do that." Gilles replied, before shrugging and replicating that movement through the Absalom's much larger arms. "We can chat about that on the way, anyway. If we're taking the job we need to know where the man is and head there."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 25, 2017, 03:36:38 am »

"Yeah, though not one like yours. Aren't you getting transcripts of what we say? Mine doesn't do that." Gilles replied, before shrugging and replicating that movement through the Absalom's much larger arms. "We can chat about that on the way, anyway. If we're taking the job we need to know where the man is and head there."

The woman steps back at the gesture; mech suits are not subtle.

"Ahh..." She stares at her visor some more.
Spoiler: Solj (click to show/hide)
"It's a visual aid that helps me keep track of conversations. I tend to get lost easily.

By the way, you can call me Lucia, since we're going to be partners."

(I know this one scene has been dragging on for a while... but I've been fairly sleep-deprived this entire week and I'd rather not create something lackluster because of that. Sorry.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 25, 2017, 03:38:32 am »

"You could have told her that earlier, you know."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 25, 2017, 11:43:23 am »

"I'd never seen something like that. And in any case, it's nice to meet you, Lucia. I'm Gilles." He extended a hand from the smaller pair, offering a handshake. "Let's get moving then, I want to see the situation with my own eyes."
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 25, 2017, 06:30:25 pm »

"I'd never seen something like that. And in any case, it's nice to meet you, Lucia. I'm Gilles." He extended a hand from the smaller pair, offering a handshake. "Let's get moving then, I want to see the situation with my own eyes."

Lucia accepts the handshake without the caution  she had a minute ago.
"Fair enough. Let's head to the surface."

In the corner, Millenus nods, having mostly returned to his former self. Johan seems nervous.

It was a dry evening outside. A dust storm kicked up a thin mist of particles, through which the sun glowed blue as it set, and the sky took on a grey haze.
A swarm of crows flew overhead, along with some multi-pronged drones floating with them in an anti-grav formation. Gilles knows the secret: EmGrav drives earned their name long ago when the technology was first marketed as something out of science-fiction. Its real operation moreso resembles something like an enchanted amulet, locked into an active state of telekinesis, only possible through Aurogen machine-magic interfacing technology.
As such, drones like these function like a pyramid, the lower drones using invisible limbs to hold themselves up above the ground, while the higher drones used the others as stilts.

Most villagers in this weather wore shemaghs to keep from breathing in the dust; a cursory glance at Millenus reveals gill-like structures on his face in place of a mouth and nose.
Despite the gloomy atmosphere, there's a sort of cheerful attitude going around the village. The marketplace is closed, and most people would be indoors at this kind of weather. So why, then, were there dozens of villagers gathering at the side of the gravel road, murmuring and whispering to each other?

Lucia seems to be looking for someone.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 25, 2017, 07:27:29 pm »

"How dangerous is the mountain pass? And let's talk payment: what do you have to offer?" Gilles hadn't asked it before because he'd been too busy accepting the deal so Lucia wouldn't try killing a man, or getting killed herself because her assassination plan went awry. In the end, the merchant was quite good-natured despite some pragmatic tendencies.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 25, 2017, 08:51:12 pm »

"How dangerous is the mountain pass? And let's talk payment: what do you have to offer?" Gilles hadn't asked it before because he'd been too busy accepting the deal so Lucia wouldn't try killing a man, or getting killed herself because her assassination plan went awry. In the end, the merchant was quite good-natured despite some pragmatic tendencies.

Lucia remains silent for a bit, her eyes darting in a frenzy from alley to alley.
"The pay--" she interrupts herself, and steps back to glance into the nearby restaurant's mirror, scowling. "Those guys..."

She walks over and elbows the door, slamming it open inward. A pale blue light illuminates the interior, coming from a large spotlight in the back that diffuses onto the ceiling.
"What are you doing having a snack?!"
Seated at the table, and turning around in their chairs to face Lucia, are a man pale as bones drinking tea in a dark navy blue robe with bell-shaped sleeves, and a woman with a coat over her shoulders speckled with blue, white, and black feathers, who answers,
"Tell them to come in. Food's on us."

"I'm not sure if that's possible," she mutters, glimpsing at the Absalom.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:36:59 am by _DivideByZero_ »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 26, 2017, 03:35:29 am »

"Can't say no to that."

Raioyris walks in and snatches any tasty looking food in sight. He then steps back towards the door.

"Well I don't know how long we're comfortable hanging around...

I'm eager to meet this Ptah guy."

Hermia squawks nervously at the sight of the woman's black feather coat.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 26, 2017, 03:43:59 am »

Hermia squawks nervously at the sight of the woman's black feather coat.

The woman squawks back, a surprisingly perfect imitation.

Raioyris walks in and snatches any tasty looking food in sight. He then steps back towards the door.

Raioyris finds a man seated at his table, having pizza bagels. But it seems the customer has already taken a bite out of each one, discouraging potential larceny.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:55:24 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37