Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48895 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #420 on: February 11, 2017, 03:23:23 pm »

"Fought to kill each other? A foolish reason for war."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 12, 2017, 05:00:34 am »

"Fought to kill each other? A foolish reason for war."

"So sayeth the metal killing machine," the Banshee smirks.

"I am not one to defend the actions of the past. What I know is: the actions of the past changed their future, and we are now living in it.
Whether the spiders yearn for revenge, or whether they simply want a guarantee of their collective rights, is simpler to follow. Perhaps you could investigate for me. I, so far, have witnessed an increasing number of ambushes by giant spiders. Some adventurers, in turn, have decided to exterminate the little ones to keep them from supposedly growing up, but I stand against that. They are different creatures entirely."

A dog-sized spider, crawling along the corner of the passageway, crawls into the Banshee's arms. She sits down and pets it.

"In the meantime, I think it is best to protect my home from the fallout. So once again, if you see anyone killing the little ones, please let me know. You can do to this new strain as you like, but keep in mind, the next future is in your hands."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 12, 2017, 05:09:09 am »

"No force is able to truly eradicate their enemy. Always, some remnant remains. If your only goal is death, you will fail."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 12, 2017, 12:43:09 pm »

Raioyris summons a ghastly knight behind himself.

"Tomb of my spirit..."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 12, 2017, 02:26:42 pm »

"I, for one, would prefer not to make enemies of any of the spiders - I've seen what they're capable of firsthand," Johan noted.

"What do y'all think?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 12, 2017, 06:49:44 pm »

"I'd like to know what they—small or big—are up to, but I don't feel like spending time playing detective. We'll check later."

Down to search for a good point from where to hawk our wares.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 13, 2017, 03:24:30 am »

"No force is able to truly eradicate their enemy. Always, some remnant remains. If your only goal is death, you will fail."

"Well, evidently..."

"I, for one, would prefer not to make enemies of any of the spiders - I've seen what they're capable of firsthand," Johan noted.

"What do y'all think?"
"I'd like to know what they—small or big—are up to, but I don't feel like spending time playing detective. We'll check later."

Down to search for a good point from where to hawk our wares.

So it begins...

Gilles realizes that the path the party has taken was converged upon by many pathways from behind, normally out of sight when walking through long tracts of barren cave with little visual noise to draw attention.
A good place to start looking might be close to the sanctuary with the piles of scrap, where the most pathways are thought to converge. Looking here would provide a large influx of visitors, but also expose the shop to a lot of retreating traffic, bringing their injuries with them.

Setting up closer to the entrance would provide fewer visitors, but it would be more remote, and less travelled. One could go hunt equipment in the webworks more easily. Given the lesser traffic in the tunnels, there would be a greater chance of finding treasures that aren't looted.

Setting up directly at the entrance would compete with the village market, but the party would maximize traffic, and have ready access to medical facilities in the form of the village doctors. It would make trips to the marketplace much faster.

Raioyris summons a ghastly knight behind himself.

"Tomb of my spirit..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 13, 2017, 02:24:13 pm »

"Johan, you're a medic, aren't you? What do you think about providing first aid to the wounded in exchange for some payment when I set up shop?"

"You might've noticed it by now, but I'm a merchant, and I spend some of my time hawking my wares and eavesdropping on hot information. Do you want to stick around and join the business or would you rather just leave? I'm pretty sure you're safer with us—as long as you keep a healthy distance away from Rai."

"And what do you think of rotating our shop's place for now? I'm still thinking about the best spot, but I'd rather try the scrap sanctuary first, then check close to the entrance after a few hours."

Option 1 and, after a few hours, 2.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 13, 2017, 03:38:47 pm »

Stay alert upon entry to the scrap sanctuary. More automata may have appeared in the time we were gone.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 13, 2017, 06:50:10 pm »

"Not a medic, a mechanic, but I do know a little first aid. I won't exactly be able to perform a triple bypass, but I'll see what I can do. And sure, I'd love to stick around here a little while. I know most people might wanna leave after their arachnophobia is further entrenched, but, well, not me."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 14, 2017, 12:52:50 am »

Raioyris steps into the ghastly knight, his arms and legs aligning with its.

"The flesh is so weak."

The knight slowly draws it's sword from it's horizontal sheath at the knight's backside waist height, emitting a terrible grinding noise.

Dispatch the foe knights.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 12:55:46 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 16, 2017, 03:12:23 am »

Raioyris steps into the ghastly knight, his arms and legs aligning with its.

"The flesh is so weak."

The knight slowly draws it's sword from it's horizontal sheath at the knight's backside waist height, emitting a terrible grinding noise.

Dispatch the foe knights.

Spoiler: More shenanigans (click to show/hide)

Raioyris awakens, carried in Millenus' arms. He seems more... muscular since last time he was seen.

"Johan, you're a medic, aren't you? What do you think about providing first aid to the wounded in exchange for some payment when I set up shop?"

"You might've noticed it by now, but I'm a merchant, and I spend some of my time hawking my wares and eavesdropping on hot information. Do you want to stick around and join the business or would you rather just leave? I'm pretty sure you're safer with us—as long as you keep a healthy distance away from Rai."

"And what do you think of rotating our shop's place for now? I'm still thinking about the best spot, but I'd rather try the scrap sanctuary first, then check close to the entrance after a few hours."

Option 1 and, after a few hours, 2.
Stay alert upon entry to the scrap sanctuary. More automata may have appeared in the time we were gone.
"Not a medic, a mechanic, but I do know a little first aid. I won't exactly be able to perform a triple bypass, but I'll see what I can do. And sure, I'd love to stick around here a little while. I know most people might wanna leave after their arachnophobia is further entrenched, but, well, not me."

The Banshee quietly exits the scene.
"We will meet again,"

Raioyris seemed to be spacing out, so the party had to pick him up and drag him away from the Spider Heart. He comes to as they get him further away.

Setting up the shop was a simple task. There is an alcove to the right of the passageway where torch-holders had already been implanted into the wall. A loose chain on the ground and some shards of metal were the only evidence of what had been here before; Milenus, in a bout of taciturn wisdom, surmised it was from a chest that adventurers hauled off long ago. Few, in this day and age, would pass up an opportunity for free furniture, regardless of the treasure inside of it.
There are several holes in the wall. One wonders if Wilbur could be nearby.

Setting up his coffer of goods, Gilles took up the lead position. It was his goods, after all.
In no time flat, a pair of footsteps approached from around the corner.

"Could it have gone further?" asks a curt voice in the distance.
There should be a response...
"Yeah, we'll get it for sure," the voice answers itself.

A short woman in plate armor walks into the corridor. She almost fails to notice the shop, her attention focused elsewhere, it seems.
She has a half-visor with an eyepiece on the left, springing dozens of lines of text no human could hope to read.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:13:56 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 16, 2017, 07:57:31 am »

Gilles waited a bit to make sure the potential customer noticed them—or failed to do so—before talking. "Hello my friend! What say you look at my wares and pick something good? My prices are fair and my wares are great."

"There's a standing small discount if you provide good new information on the Labyrinth."
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 16, 2017, 10:18:46 am »

"She seems in a hurry, Giles. If you wish to make a sale perhaps you should make it quick."

Size up the adventurer, see if she's missing something. If so, grab an appropriate item from the stash and display it.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 16, 2017, 09:23:29 pm »

"Huh? Oh.

Shoot... That was a nice dream."

Coming to in front of the shop, Raioyris makes sure to stand right in the woman's way.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:40:40 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37