Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48902 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #405 on: February 08, 2017, 02:45:07 pm »

Raioyris gently scoops one up with his locus, he tries to get a read on its spirit.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 08, 2017, 05:14:13 pm »

Keep watching.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 09, 2017, 02:42:10 am »

Raioyris gently scoops one up with his locus, he tries to get a read on its spirit.

It walks faster and faster as Rai's metal hand chases it. He scoops it up, yet it leaps off quickly. It seems to have gained an awareness of its surroundings.

As the spiders gather and disperse, a familiar face glides in and inserts herself into the loosely-spaced circle of friends. She walks into the gathering of spiders, which step around her as if she were terrain.
"Someone called? Excuse my tardiness,"
She looks down at the vast migration of spiders.
"It's a beautiful thing, watching old plans come into motion.
But ere you wish to be caught up in something larger than yourselves, you should exercise caution when you return."
She rests her hand on the beating, pulsating heart. Her nails dig into the soft tissue, drawing rivulets of lavender blood, which cease after a short while.
"You'll come back, right?" she asks.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 09, 2017, 09:19:57 am »

"Lady, what's up with that? I want to know what is going on and if I should close the door again, and I'd rather have a non-poetic explanation if possible." Gilles replied.

Talk.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 09, 2017, 06:01:24 pm »

"It's always folks getting caught up in things larger than themselves," Johan muttered to himself, already remembering the plot of almost every videogame he'd ever played.

"Do I even want to know what kind of plan involves a swarm of spiders eating some machine's heart?"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 09, 2017, 06:50:04 pm »

"I'm getting the impression you are not very fond of your upstairs neighbors."

I'm also getting the impression she can control the spiders at will.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 10, 2017, 12:49:12 am »

"Lady, what's up with that? I want to know what is going on and if I should close the door again, and I'd rather have a non-poetic explanation if possible." Gilles replied.

Talk.

"I'm no history teacher," she declares. "Nor am I some kind of quest-giver. Make of my words what you will.

These spiders once had a civilization of their own down here. It was a long time ago... perhaps during the time of the magicians. They were a reckless bunch. Both the spiders and the magicians, I mean.
I did not know what they planned, at first, turning themselves into subservient husks, but this heart you see is not the only one. Each seed is a soul from the past nation."

"I'm getting the impression you are not very fond of your upstairs neighbors."

I'm also getting the impression she can control the spiders at will.

"You couldn't be more mistaken. There is no common lineage."

"It's always folks getting caught up in things larger than themselves," Johan muttered to himself, already remembering the plot of almost every videogame he'd ever played.

"Do I even want to know what kind of plan involves a swarm of spiders eating some machine's heart?"

"Do you fancy fighting in a war?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 10, 2017, 09:47:28 am »

"What war? Are the spiders fighting something?" Gilles always had the impression that the more he knew, the more doubts and questions he ended up having.
>Yes?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 10, 2017, 10:42:26 am »

"Fighting in a war? I had to be helped out of a cocoon after a single huge arachnid took me down, I'm no fighter. I mean, I barely know how to use a gun... Besides, I'd rather fix things than destroy them." Johan really didn't want to get involved in this. He was no hero, and while he realized this was a fantasy trope in and of itself, he wasn't interested in learning if it applied to him.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 10, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »

I guess the spiders sudden boost in awareness did not correlate with the Banshee's presence.

"Collect them all win a prize-"

Probe around the heart/bead for the soul.

Knock knock.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 11, 2017, 03:39:10 am »

I guess the spiders sudden boost in awareness did not correlate with the Banshee's presence.

"Collect them all win a prize-"

Probe around the heart/bead for the soul.

Knock knock.

[4 -> 3] Raioyris has a look. He sort of spaces out for a while.

Spoiler: Shenanigans (click to show/hide)

"What war? Are the spiders fighting something?" Gilles always had the impression that the more he knew, the more doubts and questions he ended up having.

"Fought.

This world has a rich history. A thousand-year history. Older than myself, even. In that regard, I can't guarantee a comprehensive account. But I will tell you that humans and spiders once fought each other, supposedly to the bitter end. This was around the magicians' time.
They lived here, in this labyrinth. The great structure the Aurogen later built was founded upon these ruins,"
The Banshee looks bored.

"You don't suppose I'll give a lecture, do you? They fought to kill each other. And the spiders lost. Rather than give up and allow mankind to decide their history, they changed themselves, made themselves servants.

Up until the past, oh, say hundred years or so, I thought they were gone for good. But it turned out there were lots of hearts like this one hidden behind the walls, and since I started finding them they've been awakening, just like this one."

"Fighting in a war? I had to be helped out of a cocoon after a single huge arachnid took me down, I'm no fighter. I mean, I barely know how to use a gun... Besides, I'd rather fix things than destroy them." Johan really didn't want to get involved in this. He was no hero, and while he realized this was a fantasy trope in and of itself, he wasn't interested in learning if it applied to him.

"Whether you care to fight or not, there could be bloodshed. Will you stand and watch as others march to their deaths?"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 11, 2017, 04:07:09 am »

Well. Now we're talking.

proceed up the stairs.

"Such hospitality-

Not even a complimentary mint."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 11, 2017, 04:48:37 am »

Well. Now we're talking.

proceed up the stairs.

"Such hospitality-

Not even a complimentary mint."

Spoiler: Shenanigans (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 11, 2017, 10:00:22 am »

Gilles adopted a pensive stance inside of his hardsuit, or at least as much as he could in the suit's limited interior. "So... Do the spiders want to fight us again? That'd be a waste and a problem."
>Yes?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 11, 2017, 11:46:44 am »

Johan was visibly shocked by the accusation. "Hey, I know it's bad to keep out of things as devestating as wars, but like I just said, I'm no fighter. To directly participate would be little better than to march to my own death... Or would you have me do something else?"
Another thought occurred to the mechanic.

"Actually, why have you been trying to find the hearts in the first place?"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37