Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48908 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #390 on: February 04, 2017, 10:02:15 pm »

"I wish the Lady would have told us about the giant spider and the meaning of this." Gilles commented while gesturing towards the heart-like thing with all of his suit's four hands. "It isn't made of metal and doesn't have any ports, so there's no chance I can understand what's up with it. Rai, how about you give it a go?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 04, 2017, 11:10:15 pm »

Whistle a tune. Any song huh?
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 05, 2017, 02:49:46 am »

Whistle a tune. Any song huh?

Raioyris starts humming a riff from Dregadeth, a contemporary neoclassical atmospheric death metal/grindcore band.
Perhaps it didn't have the desired effect.

The heart begins to throb violently, swinging back and forth from its tethers. The ground cracks apart into a spiderweb of jagged lines and frayed stone, and from below, comes a swarm of spiderlings, about palm-sized, who emerge partially wrapped in silk envelopes.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 05, 2017, 03:04:45 am »

"Well, hello there."

Observe.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 05, 2017, 09:15:53 am »

"Who knows if this is all we're going to get. I advise we watch from a safe distance."

Move away, establish a safe distance.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 05, 2017, 02:06:29 pm »

Immensely not eager for a repeat of his past brush with death, Johan decided to back the fuck away, readying his toolbox or a sufficiently bludgeon-like tool if the spiders turned hostile.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 06, 2017, 02:07:31 am »

Beatrice, freeze them.

Please.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 07, 2017, 12:58:11 am »

Immensely not eager for a repeat of his past brush with death, Johan decided to back the fuck away, readying his toolbox or a sufficiently bludgeon-like tool if the spiders turned hostile.
"Who knows if this is all we're going to get. I advise we watch from a safe distance."

Move away, establish a safe distance.
"Well, hello there."

Observe.

Johan and Gilles back off. Solj follows, as he is more-or-less forced to. Millenus stays put.

Beatrice, freeze them.

Please.

You seem to misunderstand the terms of our agreement.
I have no interest in provoking the dormant soul any further.

The spiderlings wander aimlessly. They certainly aren't following some kind of organized protocol. They don't eat each other--real spiderlings do that--but perhaps they are not even intelligent enough for that. Yet.

This raises so many questions. Do they even grow? What do these creatures eat? Are these the same kind of creature as the spiders of the entrance floor, or is this something new entirely?

Any proposed explanation one might have had prior to now, is immediately made obsolete as the spiderlings start to sing in unison. Their high-pitched voices meld together into a slow chorus not unlike a hymn, but the language they sing is not human, to say the least of its intricacies.
The beating heart seems to calm down, and Solj detects movement inside it. The many cavities inside the heart implode in on themselves, and the bead at the center of each begins to make its way through the heart's fleshy body and out to the surface.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 07, 2017, 01:05:41 am »

"Hmm. Brace for impact. Just in case."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 07, 2017, 07:12:55 am »

"Wake up Milenus, Raioyris! Come watch from a safe distance!" Gilles called over from his spot. He hoped none of them was having arachnocidal thoughts, or they'd end up face to face with the Lady again and much sooner than he wanted to.

Safe distance. Watch.
>Yes?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 07, 2017, 05:31:13 pm »

The contract we made was very simple and open ended; protection, but honestly I figured you were going to bear down more preference than you seemed to imply with your contract.

I don't expect a plain yes or a de jure excuse every time.

Raioyris probes his mind for the other spirit while nimbly avoiding the spiders without really backing up.

So... What do you do?

Can you make shadow hands?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:25:56 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 07, 2017, 05:58:36 pm »

"They, uh... um," Johan articulately noted, still half-remembering his most recent close counter of the arachnid kind.

"Aren't...," Johan equally eloquently said, before he let out a sigh.

"Frankly? I'm afraid to make any observations for fear they might suddenly prove me wrong. You know, like in pretty much every sci-fi horror movie ever."

In the absence of any increased or decreased threat, Johan decided to stay the fuck away.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 07, 2017, 06:01:04 pm »

"Don't worry. In the Labyrinth, you learn that watching from afar is a good way to survive, even if you're packing armor and guns." Gilles commented, making his Absalom ppat its armored right arm with its left hand for emphasis.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 08, 2017, 03:15:27 am »

One by one the spiderlings crawl into the heart, and poke their forelimbs into the soft fleshy matrix. They receive their beads and consume them, then as each one processes it's new meal, a glowing more lights up inside its short abdomen and it scampers off toward the darkness.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 08, 2017, 12:42:01 pm »

"So."

"It, ah, glows. Well, I guess we won't have to worry about not seeing those critters in the dark? I guess?"
Johan was trying to hope for the best, but continued to keep his distance.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37