Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48883 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #345 on: January 28, 2017, 02:23:20 am »

Raioyris puts a hand on his back, much like a bowed old man, "It's not that funny."

Gritting his teeth, Raioyris fires a clip at his foe.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 28, 2017, 02:41:23 am »

Raioyris puts a hand on his back, much like a bowed old man, "It's not that funny."

Gritting his teeth, Raioyris fires a clip at his foe.

[4+3 -> 2+1] {Disrupt: 6 ->> 0} {Dodge: 6 ->> 1} Raioyris fires a series of shots, taking the opportunity to test for joints in the arms, listening for the characteristic sound of bones snapping. The creature is hollow.

...Perhaps it's just a shadow, with no body at all.

But even a shadow can bleed, apparently, as black blood drips across the floor. The streams of blood flow into the varied crevices in the rocky ground, mixing together and coalescing into one large stream, far larger than the initial volume of fluid could allow for. Raioyris lands as the mess surrounds both combatants, a sea of night, while the blazing moon shines overhead and scorches the pale circle which now serves as a fighting arena.

Raioyris feels a cold wind rush past him. The figure standing before him has melted away, and the armor sinks to the ground in a growing pile of goo. A dark hand clasps itself around his mouth. "Scream, if you want the chance!" [6 ->> 2] But with his hand free he clandestinely unsheaths his sword, and in a single contorted motion he lops off the arm at his face, and swings around to return it. A mass of hands has emerged from the river behind him, a giant hand whose fingers become arms that split at the wrists into countless emaciated limbs, grasping at air.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 28, 2017, 08:52:09 am »

"That, ah... Wouldn't have anything to do with the huge gaping wound in Arthur's stomach, would it?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2017, 11:17:41 am »

"That's interesting. I don't remember ever hearing about something like that. And do you still have unfinished business here or can we go back the way we came from? I'm not sure Rai and the magician fellow are going to behave while most of the group is away. Oh, and loot. We have to split it there, too."

Contain and secure books, pick up weapons, etc.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 28, 2017, 11:35:46 pm »

"That, ah... Wouldn't have anything to do with the huge gaping wound in Arthur's stomach, would it?"

"No, he's just a tough fellow."
"I suppose it helps a little..."

"That's interesting. I don't remember ever hearing about something like that. And do you still have unfinished business here or can we go back the way we came from? I'm not sure Rai and the magician fellow are going to behave while most of the group is away. Oh, and loot. We have to split it there, too."

Contain and secure books, pick up weapons, etc.

"Havelock and I should go back. How is Arthur?"
Havelock's face looks grim.

Gilles, meanwhile, ties some of the books shut to keep them from opening up on their own time. The skeleton with the rifle left behind both its weapon and bandolier.

Total Loot Collected:
-2x Amethyst-Infested Tome
-1x Frozen Tome
-3x Healthy Tome
-1x Damaged Tome

Weapons gained: AK-47 w/ Bandolier

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 28, 2017, 11:43:04 pm »

"Huh. That is actually... an interesting weapon. I have not seen its kind before."

Examine the ayykay.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 28, 2017, 11:46:09 pm »

"Same here, and I've seen a fair share of weapons. Let's get moving before my companion and my customer kill each other. We'll split loot there as well."

Onwards back to the place we were before.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2017, 03:01:54 am »

Raioyris steps backwards, the moon seems a bit brighter than it was.

His hands raise, fingers spread. "Perish." Raioyris accelerates the fake moon at his opponent for a mutual strike.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2017, 03:31:59 am »

"Huh. That is actually... an interesting weapon. I have not seen its kind before."

Examine the ayykay.

It's a modular weapon, easily disassembled. Its parts seem extremely easy to swap and replace, making the weapon formidable in just about any arsenal; its sleek, stylized wood-and-metal construction makes efficient use of the surrounding materials. Fielding an army of these would be a breeze, logistically speaking. The stains and markings on its components indicates a long history behind the weapon. It must have been in the labyrinth for a long time. Solj does not have the means to date it, however. His sensor suite is suitable for tracking recent activity, but not for full cryptography.

"Same here, and I've seen a fair share of weapons. Let's get moving before my companion and my customer kill each other. We'll split loot there as well."

Onwards back to the place we were before.

Returning to the prior chamber, it seems that the silent guardian has relocated, now attempting to pry pieces of foam out of the lever mechanism, its giant steel sphere at its side.
The passageway it once occupied is now open.

Raioyris steps backwards, the moon seems a bit brighter than it was.

His hands raise, fingers spread. "Perish." Raioyris accelerates the fake moon at his opponent for a mutual strike.

[4 => 2] [Constitution: 4 -> 1 (Fail! Not that it matters...)] The gleaming moon's surface, once peaked and cratered with many irregularities, now seems to have lost that luster it once had. Now featureless, the sad shell of its former self relinquishes its position in the sky. What little atmosphere this false world seems to have is compressed into a superheated flash, and in an instant the whole phantasm is annihilated along with its occupants.
But it seems things are not settled yet. Wisps of reality, dreams that are yet to come, float across Raioyris' mind, a superposition of mind, perhaps an exploration of his own psyche.
A long-haired, shadowy creature emerges halfway from a dark portal hanging in the void.
"Know that this does not end here, not even in death, for our fates are now tied together. That other spirit which dwells in you will not allow you to die, no matter how close I bring you."
Beatrice appears. "A spirit can survive without a medium."
"Oh?" the shadow creature lets out a cackle. "So sure about that? Are you sure your old self will live on, after handing your mind over to the elementary spirits of the earth?"

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2017, 01:16:11 pm »

"Huh... What do you think we can use those tomes for?

Johan tried to examine the tomes and see if he knew anything about repairing them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2017, 05:43:01 pm »

"At least now we know what that robot was up to. It was the one messing with the lever." Gilles pointed out with some amusement. "It looks like a tough customer. Do you want to risk fighting or take the opportunity to explore the spot it left unguarded?"

Do we have a good line of sight to take shots? Start aiming to hopefully get a bonus to my opening salvo.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:16:06 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2017, 11:58:36 pm »

This means that we can now simply walk the path that the guardian once occupied back, right? I'm for avoiding conflict here.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 30, 2017, 01:53:37 pm »

"Are you afraid of dying? That seems like an arbitrary concern for someone who indulges conflict so readily.

Beyond this stars lives your greater member: it has already taken into account the changes that you might undergo. Perhaps you might entertain the faith that you can't sin against that."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:48:55 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 31, 2017, 01:16:23 am »

"Huh... What do you think we can use those tomes for?

Johan tried to examine the tomes and see if he knew anything about repairing them.

Johan approaches one of the healthy tomes, and opens it. He feels pins and needles all over his palm, like the force of electricity clawing at his hands and making them numb with pain.
Just looking it over, it doesn't look like anything but an ordinary book. Prodding it open with a pipe from Gilles' stash, however, reveals that the pages (those still attached to the binding, that is), are filled with a sort of gibberish. He flips through the pages.

As he does so, he drops the pipe on accident and one of the pages flips back to its former self. Johan can't help but notice a difference, even though everything is gibberish; some of the letters at the corners seem different from what they were before. He can't remember what they were, but he definitely couldn't remember one of the spiral characters being there...

This means that we can now simply walk the path that the guardian once occupied back, right? I'm for avoiding conflict here.

((Yep. Going to wait on a decision between you two because "prepare to attack" is different from "walk away."))

"Are you afraid of dying? That seems like an arbitrary concern for someone who indulges conflict so readily.

Beyond this stars lives your greater member: it has already taken into account the changes that you might undergo. Perhaps you might entertain the faith that you can't sin against that."

"Afraid? For a being without fate or destination there can be only chaos, and through chaos, perfection through mastery of all known outcomes. You throw your hollow words at a spirit who walks the path of limbo, rejected by the Earth.

Why does the wolf kill a dozen deer and bury eleven? Why does the deer trample its food source? Why does man plant berries in the thorns only to cut them away? No one who speaks for the dead has shared in the absolute misery. None but me. That which is born to kill, will learn to kill, and when all but essence is stripped away, the master has no basis for complaint, for what he has made has come to fruition, in the purest sense."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 31, 2017, 01:48:38 am »

"There is no need for conflict with this construct, and we would do well to hurry back quickly. It cannot be overstated the damage that two magicians can cause without proper supervision."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37