Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48850 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2017, 10:49:41 pm »

"Yeah, I'm more of a lover not a fighter anyway, and I'd really rather not kill a member of the group who saved my life. Now please, let's freeze the body so we can get the guy to an actual doctor before he dies down here."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2017, 01:25:59 am »

"Deal."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 18, 2017, 02:20:57 am »

(Sunday-Monday-Tuesday is a bit of a busy time of the week for me)

"If I preserve this man's life, can we get a promise that my partner and I will not be attacked? Will you trade two lives for your own peace of mind?"

"And now the murderess offers to postpone her killings, hoping her hunters are blind and foolish. Tell me, o foolish creature, do you expect to sway us by putting a man's life on the bargaining table?"

Beatrice form clenches its teeth.

"Go ahead and freeze the body.

This seems to be a false dilemma, I don't think Gilles and team are going to kill me.

And if this guy wants to fight-

Well, I'm up for a fight."

The floor beneath the dying covers itself with frost. The blood on his body's surface coagulates, and his weak breath throws mist into the cold air surrounding him. Slowly he enters a deep freeze.

Rai watches Beatrice's form. A single droplet, tinted cherry red, falls from her face. A tear? Well, her body is made of water...
She whispers into his head: Keeping him frozen will drain my resources. Do realize this man has defeated me once before. If I am to participate fully... he will surely die.

Eugenius prepares for battle. "I have raised my sword. It will not fall until one of us is dead."

"I didn't distract you on purpose, I was trying to do my job."

"Solj, are you coming?" Gilles asked the gun in his hardsuit's hand, in what would be a very strange sight in most other scenarios.

Solj's coming with Gilles in case they want. Otherwise, full forward.
"Yeah, I'm more of a lover not a fighter anyway, and I'd really rather not kill a member of the group who saved my life. Now please, let's freeze the body so we can get the guy to an actual doctor before he dies down here."

Millenus follows as well, leaving Raioyris to handle dissent.
Johan can come too. He'd rather stay out of any fights.

The five come to a medium-sized cavern the size of a neighborhood, large enough to hear your echo yet narrow enough to easily see what's on the other side. A bottomless pit spans the centre. To the left side is an upright drawbridge, opened by two massive, crank-operated pulleys on the left and the right of the bridge. The pulleys are located on your side of the bridge; there are no pulleys on the opposite side.

The right side is occupied by a towering robot with long arms, sitting behind a perfectly smooth steel ball. It doesn't seem to notice the party. The steel ball obscures most of the robot, however, making it difficult to hit directly from this distance (+5 to cover from ranged attacks).
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 18, 2017, 09:10:33 am »

Gilles didn't see any sign of the person they were supposed to save at a first glance, and turned his attention to the power-armored man. "Was that one part of your problems?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 18, 2017, 11:48:52 am »

"The bridge went back up... Why?"
He curses under his breath.

"We should bring it down again, and destroy its mechanism."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:00:34 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 18, 2017, 03:13:17 pm »

"What about that robot to the right?  Should we destroy it first, before it notices us?"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 18, 2017, 03:41:53 pm »

Beatrice, stay on defense, conserve your strength.

Scout his mage power moves for me. I don't want to walk into a trap.

Raioyris squeezes his eyes shut and exhales.

"Let's see how strong your fleshly assets are. I want to see your graces.

I get the feeling that you'll turn out as breezy as your speeches."

Raioyris paces towards the magician. He swings his arm short, a fake punch, and then stoops for a tiger-tail sweep, kicking the magicians legs out from underneath.

During this time he rolls the scattered deposits of oil (from the robots) towards his opponent with mage power as discretely as possible.

If the sweep succeeds then mount and execute a number of heavy punches to the magician's face.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:11:55 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 18, 2017, 06:39:33 pm »

"So you came from the bridge? I have to say I'm against destroying any mechanism on the Labyrinth out of respect so excuse me for disagreeing. And what about that thing? Are we avoiding it?" Gilles' suit then pointed a huge thumb at the robot.

Help with lowering the bridge unless the robot catches sight of us. In the latter scenario, heavy attack its joints with foam, based on its actions. Legs if it sprints towards us, arms if it tries to use the ball offensively, cameras and other sensitive spots less obstructed by its cover if it stands around firing at us.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 18, 2017, 11:52:17 pm »

Focus on the situation, to be able to react as quickly as possible if shit goes down.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 19, 2017, 11:53:24 pm »

The two diverging paths meet up on a ledge on the opposite side, so the giant robot path (the robot stands about 3-4 meters tall) and the precarious bridge are simply alternate paths to the same endpoint.

The robot catches sight of the party. It looks down at its ball, (the ball reaches up to its neck. There aren't many joints visible to shoot at), and then stares, but makes no movements.

"You want to get stuck down here?" he clearly looks displeased. "...I don't have time to argue."

Gilles and the stranger operate the pulleys. [Left 8 -> 3] [Right 6 -> 2] The bridge sags to one side as Gilles' suit raises it effortlessly, whereas the man in the powered armor seemingly has to work to do it. He's weaker than he looks.
The party is able to simply walk to the next corridor under the giant robot's gaze; it doesn't seem to care.

The passage ahead is a far cry from the last cavern. Tapestries line both sides of the hall, and footsteps echo back from up ahead, indicating a large chamber.
One of the tapestries depicts a village. At the center square, there sits a giant pot heated by burning embers. The villagers seem to be going about their daily lives. The rim of the pot seems to have been vandalized, as there is a hole in the painting here.

Beatrice, stay on defense, conserve your strength.

Scout his mage power moves for me. I don't want to walk into a trap.

Raioyris squeezes his eyes shut and exhales.

"Let's see how strong your fleshly assets are. I want to see your graces.

I get the feeling that you'll turn out as breezy as your speeches."

Raioyris paces towards the magician. He swings his arm short, a fake punch, and then stoops for a tiger-tail sweep, kicking the magicians legs out from underneath.

During this time he rolls the scattered deposits of oil (from the robots) towards his opponent with mage power as discretely as possible.

If the sweep succeeds then mount and execute a number of heavy punches to the magician's face.

His 'moves'? This is a game to you?

Beatrice sinks into the ground, dissolving into a puddle that rapidly expands to cover a wide area around Raioyris. It mixes with the water spilled by the downed robots, and Raioyris feels it bend to his will (Beatrice gives you one auto-pass mage-power action so long as it's not directly targeted at Eugenius).
Even with my power, it would be difficult for a spirit's Magehand to interfere with a Magician's mind. But together, perhaps...
...if you touched the back of his neck with your hand. Get me to his nervous system.

Raioyris dashes at Eugenius and sweeps his opponent's feet out from under him. {7 ->> 2} Eugenius seems too slow at first... {4 -> 1} but then Eugenius falls headfirst into the void below him, as does Raioyris.
He feels a whisper at his ear: "Some call me a hunter of spirits, these days. Your new nature has granted you a weakness--"

Raioyris and Eugenius both fall back down onto the cold stone floor. A shot fragments into many pieces beside Raioyris' fragile human face, traced from a smoking barrel under Cynthia's left cheek.
"Stop it, you two!"

{4 -> 1} Eugenius pulls up a wall of stone pillars as a temporary line-of-sight blocker, then reaches for his sword on the ground. But in the process Raioyris punches him in the jaw and rises up to his knees [5 -> 3].

"You cannot escape... your own mind..." he croaks.
A black fog starts to fill the room.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2017, 12:25:08 am »

I'm not talking about reading his mind, rather when he reaches out with his amulet.

Anyways.

"My mind? I guess I can't,"
Raioyris says with a sigh. "You could at least knock first."

Let's do this, hopefully there's still time.

Grab his neck.

Override his mind.

"Hunter of spirits? That'd be a trip beyond the stars."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:48:54 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2017, 01:15:01 am »

Though against destroying ancient material, Gilles isn't against blocking it when necessary. He aims and fires foam at the mechanism so they don't have a nasty surprise upon return.

"Keep leading the way." he gestured.

Jam the mechanism with expanding foam: a less violent solution that'll prevent us from getting stuck. Follow the fella.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2017, 01:38:58 am »

Though against destroying ancient material, Gilles isn't against blocking it when necessary. He aims and fires foam at the mechanism so they don't have a nasty surprise upon return.

"Keep leading the way." he gestured.

Jam the mechanism with expanding foam: a less violent solution that'll prevent us from getting stuck. Follow the fella.

[8 -> 1] It's a rough job, and according to Gilles' best guesses, jamming the exposed gears won't stop them from simply compressing the foam material and continuing to rotate. The best bet would be to glue the lever in place, and hope that it is a simple mechanism that cannot engage without its users input. Either way, it seems like the bridge is set in place.
Perhaps epoxy or somesuch would work better. It's nothing that can't be removed with a little solvent later.

I'm not talking about reading his mind, rather when he reaches out with his amulet.

Anyways.

"My mind? I guess I can't,"
Raioyris says with a sigh. "You could at least knock first."

Let's do this, hopefully there's still time.

Grab his fucking neck.

Override his mind.

"Hunter of spirits? That'd be a trip beyond the stars."

Raioyris grabs the magician by the back of the neck. He feels something wet and sticky, and glances at his hand. It looks like blood.
Brace yourself.

Raioyris finds himself in a state of confusion, as dazzling lights swirl all around. The ceiling falls away to reveal the heavens in all their glory, clearer than the night sky.
Thin, dry grass flattens under his feet. The cold wind of dawn brushes over his shoulders, and the moon, in her pale glory, sets behind the valley's slope.

Raioyris sees two figures in the distance, lying on the grass. One of their faces looks familiar--it's Eugenius, from long ago.
This is unexpected. Normally a magician lacks a phantasm of his own. Something is amiss. tells Beatrice.

"Do you think there's other people out there?" asks little Eugenius, pointing toward the sky.
"Of course, where else did we come from?" remarks his friend.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2017, 01:55:26 am »

Onward.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2017, 02:19:26 am »

Phantasm? You mean the little one or the friend?

Raioyris creates a dream duplicate form of himself and approaches the boy and his friend while his actual form remains hidden.

"Come here." Raioyris' form calls the kids.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37