Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48862 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2017, 03:28:55 am »

Great. Beatrice, tell me.

What will you do?

"Maybe they don't."

Raioyris turns toward the exit that leads further into the labyrinth. Hermia caws, the rising tension is getting to her!

"That's their choice."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2017, 10:20:04 am »

Lifting himself up from the mangled body, Johan interrupts, "'End it here'? What does that even entail?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2017, 01:15:00 pm »

"Execute him. Draw out the demon. Capture it, force it back into its book."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2017, 02:08:32 pm »

Johan was less than enthused by this information, and turned to the others, asking, "Well... What do you guys think?"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:11:42 pm by AzyWng »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 15, 2017, 02:17:58 pm »

"It will consume you, with every chance it gets, to make your power its own. When you meet your invariable demise, it will rise again as a monster to be imprisoned."
"Also it's an ignorant, flowery jerk.

Raioyris, before anyone kills you, please tell your pet to freeze this body."

Use mage hand to push the wounded man's insides together, in preparation for freezing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:15:31 pm by Egan_BW »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2017, 03:46:15 pm »

"Now hold on a moment, Eugenius..."
Nias seems perplexed.
"You told us you found that book. Where'd this friend of yours come from?"

Eugenius holds his breath.
"Some things are better off out of sight, out of mind.

Had you known I was carrying a soul-eating spirit on my person, I believe our dealings would be different, no?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 15, 2017, 04:22:40 pm »

Gilles sighed, his patience starting to drain at how convoluted the scenario in front of him had just turned. "Yeah, I was about to ask about that. You told us you found that book and we could have it. Isn't most of this trouble on you? We could've benefited from a warning, couldn't we? If you have all this history with the tome, why did you just let Rai, who happens to be our most reckless member, toy with it and then make that deal?" The Aurogen kept his tone neutral, but it'd lost the previous friendliness. It wasn't time for fooling around.

"We'll figure out this mess later, because now we have things to do. Try to save this man, and I'll check on the person who was left behind. I expect you to behave." Gilles said before walking off to provide assistance to the armored man's companion.

Go and see if it's possible to save the person who decided to make the heroic sacrifice.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2017, 09:52:37 pm »

"Hey Gilles, I am reckless but I am not arbitrary. Although I imagine just saying that is not enough to convince you.

Well, here we go."

Beatrice you should freeze this hurt guy before they kill us both.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:44:08 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 15, 2017, 10:09:40 pm »

"Hey Gilles, I am reckless but I am not arbitrary. Although I imagine just saying that is not enough to convince you.

Well, here we go."

Beatrice you should freeze this guy before they kill us both.
Yeeeaah, sorry, think I'm going to shoot him in the head if he does this.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 15, 2017, 10:42:41 pm »

Yeeeaah, sorry, think I'm going to shoot him in the head if he does this.

((lol maybe you should ask me, the player, before you jump to conclusions. I'll edit it for clarity.

Unless you really don't want me to freeze the guy someone asked me to freeze.

:D I like it when the tension is up, I guess at a certain point people other people start to get annoyed, but I suppose I'm jumping to a conclusion there.))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:40:42 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 15, 2017, 10:50:24 pm »

Great. Beatrice, tell me.

What will you do?

(PM'ed)

"It will consume you, with every chance it gets, to make your power its own. When you meet your invariable demise, it will rise again as a monster to be imprisoned."
"Also it's an ignorant, flowery jerk.

Raioyris, before anyone kills you, please tell your pet to freeze this body."

Use mage hand to push the wounded man's insides together, in preparation for freezing.

[4 -> 1] The mage hand has one limitation: it requires a clear path to the target. While spooky action-at-a-distance has its place in the movies, there is no technology that simply ignores barriers and appears at the user's desired location.
The Magician's power of telekinesis emanates from his amulet; if his amulet is in a box, it will need to break the box. A particularly gifted bladesman could even intercept the magician's force beam, given a fast enough reaction.
Likewise, the same technology is used as part of the Mage Hand. It couldn't be used to manipulate the man's insides without punching its way through the skin.

Then again, what's a little bleeding on the surface if it saves his life in the end? Solj does his best to mitigate the bleeding, and awaits the promised treatment.

Well, here we go."

Beatrice you should freeze this guy before they kill us both.

The spirit comes up out of the floor. She takes her original form, the face she mentioned long ago, but she only comes halfway up out of the ground.
"It seems we are in danger..." she asks the others a question. Eugenius looks furious, rather uncharacteristically.
"If I preserve this man's life, can we get a promise that my partner and I will not be attacked? Will you trade two lives for your own peace of mind?"

Gilles sighed, his patience starting to drain at how convoluted the scenario in front of him had just turned. "Yeah, I was about to ask about that. You told us you found that book and we could have it. Isn't most of this trouble on you? We could've benefited from a warning, couldn't we? If you have all this history with the tome, why did you just let Rai, who happens to be our most reckless member, toy with it and then make that deal?" The Aurogen kept his tone neutral, but it'd lost the previous friendliness. It wasn't time for fooling around.

"We'll figure out this mess later, because now we have things to do. Try to save this man, and I'll check on the person who was left behind. I expect you to behave." Gilles said before walking off to provide assistance to the armored man's companion.

Go and see if it's possible to save the person who decided to make the heroic sacrifice.

"I had no idea... I mean... distracting us while he grabs the book didn't help..."

Gilles joins the rescue team. (Does he take Solj?) The man in the powersuit readies his hydraulic claw. "I'll come with you..." he declares, exhausted but full of resolve.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2017, 06:05:50 pm »

"I didn't distract you on purpose, I was trying to do my job."

"Solj, are you coming?" Gilles asked the gun in his hardsuit's hand, in what would be a very strange sight in most other scenarios.

Solj's coming with Gilles in case they want. Otherwise, full forward.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2017, 06:37:31 pm »

Yeah, go with Giles.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2017, 09:45:01 pm »

"Go ahead and freeze the body.

This seems to be a false dilemma, I don't think Gilles and team are going to kill me.

And if this guy wants to fight-

Well, I'm up for a fight."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 17, 2017, 08:17:21 pm »

"Just work on being useful for now, we'll figure out whether you two are fighting to the death later. I don't want to have an unrelated migraine while saving someone."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37