Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48851 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2017, 01:34:16 pm »

"Yeah, probably-" Raioyris snickers.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:30:33 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2017, 05:19:58 pm »

"Gettin' poetic, are we? Judging by the spirit's behavior, it might be nutty enough to match Rai's usual behavior." Gilles commented as he picked up the artifact coins and walked over to Solj's spot to pick up the talking gun. He had the Absalom swing the open showcase of equipment around a last time. "Anyone else?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 14, 2017, 03:16:47 am »

((It's like a Shakespearean shouting match))

"You are a deluded creation. I should have expected a product of magicians to consider itself a natural spirit. I expect that you two shall make for a fine pair of maniacs."

"Ah, so the metal box has a heart! And a temper at that..." utters the pompous creature of magic.
"Let it be known to you that I am creation of none but my own."

The projection changes its appearance. Long hair droops to the sides of the figure, and the face is now a woman's.

"This was my face, long ago, before your era was ever conceived, or the era before it. But I am no longer the product of my upbringing and the genetic directives of the collective."

The as-of-yet unnamed spirit turns to Raioyris and shows him an apple, red with the color of blood.
"You are what you eat. Consume this, and become one with me."
She then gives him a spear made out of ice.
"Take this and end my fragile form. I am immaterial,"

She waits.
"The world once called me by the name Adomic. I have since relinquished my former self. You are free to call on me as you will."

"Gettin' poetic, are we? Judging by the spirit's behavior, it might be nutty enough to match Rai's usual behavior." Gilles commented as he picked up the artifact coins and walked over to Solj's spot to pick up the talking gun. He had the Absalom swing the open showcase of equipment around a last time. "Anyone else?"

"Aye, I think that's enough," says the duelist. "We should retire from some time, make some friends."
Cynthia, toying with her new weapon, fires a shot into the wall. It fragments into a shower of sparks.
"We could be bodyguards," she proposes.
"You two should be self-sufficient. I myself am considering a return to Magus University. Perhaps I could recruit someone. "

The adventurers plan their return to the surface; meanwhile, Raioyris is being offered magic fruit and Solj is showing a surprising amount of emotion. Perhaps that officer of the peace, from hours ago, had a point.

The door on the far side of the chamber opens unexpectedly. It opens with a cringe-inducing squeal, battered from years of abuse. The force pushing it is coming from behind. As the gap opens, the pounding of heavy metal feet leaks through.

Nias, Eugenius, and Cynthia all glance over.

Standing between the parted doors is a man in heavy powered armor. One of his arms is clawed, and holds the door aside. The other gauntlet holds a bloodied body, perhaps beyond saving, and streaks of red cover the suit's bronze plating.
The armored bulkward stands amidst a dark passage, with nothing but a trail of blood behind. His armor is pierced with swords and spears from all angles. The suit itself seems to work just fine, pushing the door aside and all that.
"What are you doing? Help him out!" the warrior shouts, stepping forward with the body.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:19:05 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2017, 02:25:56 pm »

"Better than arguing with the flowery glob of nanomachines all day."

Take a look at the body.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2017, 02:32:29 pm »

Eat the fruit. "If an ancient spirit that just tried to kill you handed you an apple would you eat it?

I'm a disgrace to mothers everywhere.

Welcome Beatrice."

Raioyris takes the spear and tries out some spinning Bo movements, judge the weapon's functions.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:13:04 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2017, 05:39:50 pm »

Rush to the injured man's aid! Try to treat his wounds.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2017, 11:28:23 pm »

"Don't worry, Rai, you were a disgrace to mothers even before that." Gilles friendly jabbed as he wrapped up business. He closed and locked his box, preparing to leave as soon as the less experienced adventurers also did.

The merchant glanced at the spot where their deceased companion's body was. "How about her? Taking the body with you, I assum-" his question was interrupted by yet another unexpected event. "Not a boring moment today, eh?"

Help with the door, preferentially in a less aggressive way. There's probably a way to open it without all that violence.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 15, 2017, 01:04:52 am »

"Ouch,

that hurts coming from the most serious guy in the team."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 15, 2017, 02:22:58 am »

Eat the fruit. "If an ancient spirit that just tried to kill you handed you an apple would you eat it?

I'm a disgrace to mothers everywhere.

Welcome Beatrice."

Raioyris takes the spear and tries out some spinning Bo movements, judge the weapon's functions.

The weapon seems to handle very poorly. It is made out of water, coerced by some force to hold together into a solid. As such, the weight distribution is completely wrong, and both ends of the spear come flying off as the fluid's soul relents.

"That is not what you were supposed to do. But that action was symbolic... the promise has been made."
The spirit dissolves into a puddle. Rai feels a tingle inside his stomach, a cold sensation in his chest, as if he had swallowed an icy gel. It subsides in mere seconds, but his form remains unchanged. So far.

Our fates now intertwine. You may share your thoughts as you wish. I shall keep to myself until my obligations commence.

"Better than arguing with the flowery glob of nanomachines all day."

Take a look at the body.
Rush to the injured man's aid! Try to treat his wounds.

It is a blonde-haired man covered in scratches and puncture wounds. His stomach in particular looks like some kind of razor fish just hopped around in there after forcing its way in.

[5 -> 0] There's just... very little that can be done here. The bleeding can be stopped, but a lot of his insides are also torn up and punctured. Given that he is already unconscious from shock, it would be miraculous indeed to save the man.

"What of my tome? I could freeze the man and give him a later chance at survival."

"Don't worry, Rai, you were a disgrace to mothers even before that." Gilles friendly jabbed as he wrapped up business. He closed and locked his box, preparing to leave as soon as the less experienced adventurers also did.

The merchant glanced at the spot where their deceased companion's body was. "How about her? Taking the body with you, I assum-" his question was interrupted by yet another unexpected event. "Not a boring moment today, eh?"

Help with the door, preferentially in a less aggressive way. There's probably a way to open it without all that violence.

[8 and 8 -> 5] The armored warrior sets the body down, and Gilles approaches to help keep the door open. Eventually, one of them is able to pull the ornate lever on the other side, and the door ceases its resistance.

"Thank you for that... but..." He gathers his breath, and flips up his helmet. His nose seems to have bled at some point, giving his shaved face a morbid mustache.
"He's not the only one. I have another... she held them off so I could retreat, but I need to go back now... save her too..."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 15, 2017, 02:41:02 am »

"A tomb that freezes things? That sounds familiar...."

"He's not the only one. I have another... she held them off so I could retreat, but I need to go back now... save her too..."

"I'll come with you." Follow the man to his friend.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 15, 2017, 02:44:26 am »

"A tomb that freezes things? That sounds familiar...."

"...Oh?" His expression betrays no sense of sense of disappointment. Perhaps he doesn't realize--
"You ought to return it. I can repay you through other means, but that book is very important to me."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2017, 02:58:34 am »

Raioyris points back with his thumb, "It's over there."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2017, 03:02:28 am »

Raioyris points back with his thumb, "It's over there."

The magician leans to see over Raioyris' shoulder. It's a little awkward, given that he's shorter than Rai, even with the extra couple of inches provided by his exoskeleton. His suit cannot stand up on its toes, so after numerous apparently failed attempts he is forced to step to the side.
"Ah, yes, I see it." He walks over to pick it up, gradually stopping to a halt.

"You did not." he utters a single phrase.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2017, 03:05:10 am »

"Oh?

That book was a quick read."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 15, 2017, 03:18:45 am »

He opens his eyes more than the usual halfway. It takes a little bit more time for everything to sink in.
"You shouldn't have." He reaches for his sword.

Nias reaches for his, and rushes to his feet. "Eugenius, don't--" "The spirit in that book stole the soul of my best friend and closest companion. For years I have wielded the book, keeping its power under check, only for you to brazenly release again that foul creature, released it upon this guiltless earth." He points his sword in Raioyris' direction.

"It will consume you, with every chance it gets, to make your power its own. When you meet your invariable demise, it will rise again as a monster to be imprisoned." He lowers his weapon, and turns his head to face the others.
"I trust you do not want a living bomb at your side? It would be most prudent to end it here, to avoid being taken off-guard."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37