Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48738 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2016, 04:00:14 pm »

"I don't know about this...

Why are we shooting it again?"
Raiyoris says in a moment of clarity.

"It doesn't seem like the most sensible course of action-

I think we should stab it instead. This is a waste of ammo."

Raioyris lowers Solj and makes his way towards the silk structure and stab the bloody thing with sword.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:29:40 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2016, 06:57:40 pm »

*Hops off the grounded gun and goes in for a look*
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2016, 07:29:48 pm »

Gilles handily intercepted Raioyris, putting an armored arm in front of him. "I reckon we weren't shooting it, Rai, or at least we shouldn't be. I've already said that whatever it is, I can capture it if it's aggressive and turn it into profit. And exactly because it might be aggressive, smack dab in front of its cocoon is the last place you wanna be standing on when it emerges." the man explained.

With that said, he addressed the living gun. "Solj, can you scan that and tell whether it's full of spiders or something?"

Prevent Raioyris' stabbing action if necessary, watch the cocoon with weapons prepped.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2016, 08:18:25 pm »

Using my speed get past Gilles and give the silk a
slash as to open it without damaging what is within.

Hermia hops off Raioyris.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2016, 10:36:46 pm »

Gilles handily intercepted Raioyris, putting an armored arm in front of him. "I reckon we weren't shooting it, Rai, or at least we shouldn't be. I've already said that whatever it is, I can capture it if it's aggressive and turn it into profit. And exactly because it might be aggressive, smack dab in front of its cocoon is the last place you wanna be standing on when it emerges." the man explained.

With that said, he addressed the living gun. "Solj, can you scan that and tell whether it's full of spiders or something?"

Prevent Raioyris' stabbing action if necessary, watch the cocoon with weapons prepped.
Using my speed get past Gilles and give the silk a
slash as to open it without damaging what is within.

Hermia hops off Raioyris.

Gilles tries to hold Rai back, [3 --> no 6's] but [8 -> 2] Rai deftly passes under his arm and cleanly tears through the top layer of the cocoon. A viscous lavender fluid pours out, along with an Azure and his toolbox. Curiously, he seems to be lacking a Locus. His clothing is old, but not ancient. And he seems mildly traumatized, but totally conscious.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 11:08:05 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2016, 11:13:32 pm »

GIVE THIS MAN SOME AIR
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2016, 11:35:21 pm »

"No kidding."

Hermia freaks the fuck out in the background.

"Hm."

Raioyris makes his way to the Azure corpse, Hermia following in hops. Extending his locus, Raioyris begins gruesome work on the body. Salvage the memory metal from the corpse and the targeting eye.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 03:39:38 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2016, 07:10:31 am »

"At least you didn't stab the cocoon like you said you would, or you might've killed him. Be less brash the next time, will you?" Gilles rebuked Raioyris. The other man's behavior could put them—or at least Raioyris himself—in unnecessary danger.

"Take a few deep breaths, then we can talk. Are you mostly fine?" He addressed the formerly-cocooned man, giving him room some breathing room while watching him.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2016, 09:39:43 am »

The formerly-imprisoned man took a few moments to recover and compose himself, before he stands up and begins to speak.

"Thanks for getting me out of there. I'm not even sure how I survived. All I know is I was wandering down here when I got confronted by a massive spider - not like the ones you usually find here. If it weren't for you I might have become spider food or something. Once again, thanks."

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2016, 11:26:59 am »

Wilbur gets in close with his big eyes. A big one you say? Like a bigger one of us little guys? ...or something completely different?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2016, 12:54:13 pm »

"Where did you get that eye?"

Speaking of eyes: Millenus attempts to change his eyes into the seeing orbs of the spiders.

The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2016, 03:08:29 pm »

"A massive spider? Any more details? When do you think that happened?" Gilles' attention was piqued by the mention of a giant spider.
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2016, 08:12:57 pm »

Solj rests for now, seeing as there's no immediate crisis.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2016, 01:44:10 am »

"Where did you get that eye?"

Speaking of eyes: Millenus attempts to change his eyes into the seeing orbs of the spiders.

Millenus is able to replicate the appearance with ease, but to really duplicate the internals it may be necessary to pluck out a sample (to get another +1).

As it turns out, the small crystalline orb is actually a lens. Retinae on the inner socket of each crystal eye pick up the bent light. What's interesting about it is that they can alter the focal length through electrically stimulating their eyeballs and changing the refraction index--Millenus is now able to focus his vision without physically distorting his eyes.

[Shapeshift 3+2 -> 2] The spider eyes have another unique property, one perhaps less mundane: they are very sensitive to motion up close, although they offer distorted vision at longer ranges.

Gained Bio-Engram: Spider Eyes (+1 Reflex in Melee, -1 Reflex at range)

"No kidding."

Hermia freaks the fuck out in the background.

"Hm."

Raioyris makes his way to the Azure corpse, Hermia following in hops. Extending his locus, Raioyris begins gruesome work on the body. Salvage the memory metal from the corpse and the targeting eye.

[Surgery 3+1 for tool -> 3] Raioyris carves up the body as best he can. Soon enough it is not only reduced to a stack of Locus Alloy and a healthy targeting system, surprisingly in good shape, but he has also partitioned the body neatly into its constituent organs and major bones.

Objects of Interest:
Laser Targeting System: A rangefinder and vision processing system, able to pick out targets amidst a backdrop and track their velocity and expected position.
-> If connected to nervous system: +1 Reflex on shooting attacks
-> Necessary component for Laser weapons (used to adjust lenses for maximum cutting power). Provides +1 attack bonus to weapon.

Nervous Uplink: With some surgery, this can be used to connect the human nervous system to any computer system.
-> DIFF is 2 to perform the surgery.

Locus Alloy: Can be merged with by another Azure. Must have storage space inside the body, or else be stored outside the body.

"A massive spider? Any more details? When do you think that happened?" Gilles' attention was piqued by the mention of a giant spider.

You notice the man's clothes are somewhat torn, and stained with blood at the waist. The blood is clotted, however, and the fabric has been ripped away to reveal a layer of silk peeling away from a long-healed scar.

Solj rests for now, seeing as there's no immediate crisis.

Solj rests, as well as a gun can rest, at least.
RAEDAR shows some movement up ahead, distinct from the shuffling conga line of spiders. [3 -> 0] The spiders obscure the signature, however, and it's impossible to discern a shape or distance.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2016, 02:44:33 am »

"Heads up, there's some movement ahead. I cannot discern its structure, but it may be hostile."

Try to figure out what's ahead. Maybe thermals would give a better picture?
If possible in the same action, switch to non-lethal bullets.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 01:29:59 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37