Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48799 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2016, 10:56:27 pm »

Knowledge check on the Cocoon.

[4 -> 0] It's made of some kind of non-biological silk. Wilbur has spinnerets in his legs/appendages, as well as the spiders/spider carcasses, but neither have a means to produce the silk directly.

Put my spiders to work carrying there own dead to where ever Wilbur wanted them. "It's a sad day for spider kind." Raioyris utters in brief mourning.

Half the spiders obey dutifully, transferring the spider bodies to a safer location. The others squeal in terror at the sight of the corpses, and keep their distance.

They head on forward down the path, disregarding the wayward tunnel.

The silk cocoon begins to shake as if what's inside is trying to get out.

[5 -> 2 Hits] The silk cocoon thrashes around a bit. Due to bad leverage, it will take quite a bit of effort for whatever's inside to break free... this may give the rest of the party time to flee.
(DIFF +1 from inside, 2 Hits normally. 'Spider Silk' is strong.)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 11:01:15 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2016, 11:39:40 pm »

[STRUGGLING AND MEMES INTENSIFY]

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2016, 11:53:37 pm »

Wilbur being the curious type makes an offer to the rest.

You go and I'll stay I'm tiny and I can run away or hide and seek and see what I see and tell you when I get back to you!
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2016, 01:54:56 am »

Check out the corpse.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2016, 01:58:54 am »

"We must recover the souls trapped inside this heart! Whatever is within this cocoon, it will not stand up to my firepower!"

Ready one heavy attack's worth of explosive rounds, and hope someone points me at the enemy. If the cocoon does not immediately burst, scan its contents.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2016, 03:16:38 am »

Hesitantly aim Solj.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2016, 03:18:36 am »

Hop on end of sauce-legs and point.

A little to the left!
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2016, 04:17:58 am »

"Left? Since when have you ever aimed a gun?

I think it's more right."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2016, 04:19:01 am »

"Honestly, just wave me in the general direction.
...And brace for recoil. You're not that strong."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2016, 04:56:48 am »

"No need to make this personal. Geez."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2016, 05:08:46 am »

"Don't blame me when you end up on your back, okay?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2016, 07:38:31 am »

Gilles just took a step back and readied his lasso and autocannon in response to the cocoon starting to thrash. "Calm down, I can probably capture whatever it is without the need for violence. Can't you scan the cocoon and tell what's inside before it bursts out?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2016, 11:00:48 am »

The cocoon's occupant, starting to panic, stops his struggling for a bit and tries to call out for help.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2016, 11:15:45 am »

Awareness of distress check.

It stopped moving...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 11:17:26 am by roseheart »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2016, 03:30:55 pm »

Earlier:

Check out the corpse.

[3 -> 2] It's a dead Azure. His locus is part of his arm, and is currently half-extruded in the form of a swortsword. It merges with his body with many tangles of flower motifs, and you can tell from his hair that it was replaced with flat ribbons of heatpipes to disperse heat from the advanced targeting system located in his left eye.

The cocoon's occupant, starting to panic, stops his struggling for a bit and tries to call out for help.

It tries to... make a sound... but it comes out as more of a gurgle. Looks like the interior is fulled with some kind of fluid. It sounds like it's trying to talk somehow.

"We must recover the souls trapped inside this heart! Whatever is within this cocoon, it will not stand up to my firepower!"

Ready one heavy attack's worth of explosive rounds, and hope someone points me at the enemy. If the cocoon does not immediately burst, scan its contents.

Solj's internal forge begins producing the necessary arrangement of matter. The attack is ready.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37