Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48824 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2016, 12:05:58 am »

"A running joke? That sounds like something for people with legs."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2016, 12:10:06 am »

"Says the guy with a broken spine."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2016, 12:17:25 am »

"He he he. That reminds me of a running joke."

Get as much information about the heart as possible using sensors.

[3 -> 2] It's cold (not emitting much IR radiation) and its acoustic properties are consistent with it being made of thin membranes and a somewhat viscous liquid. RAEDAR is strongly absorbed in some wavelengths by the liquid, but passes through the rest, allowing Solj to analyze its structure. (+1 to all attacks Solj makes/is used to make against the target)

Its internal structure is... interesting, to say the least. There are numerous cavities that are hollow, save for a cluster of beads hanging in the center of each one which have strong absorption. A densely-packed Plexor nexus in the center of the heart suggests that this... creature is actually alive, and perhaps thinking.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 04:44:33 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2016, 12:24:29 am »

"Hmm. It would appear that this structure is alive in some way, and may be intelligent. Raioyris, could you attempt communication?"

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2016, 02:31:09 am »

(LET ME HELP!)

Wilbur dumps dead bodies off on the inquisitive one.

(Almost like Christmas!)

6 is plenty.

Wilbur moves to and fro, amassing a steadily-growing pile of spider carcasses which pile up near Raioyris, Milenus, Gilles, and the talking weapon. The pile has almost surpassed half the number of confirmed living spiders.

...Hey spider leader, can you have your spiders(living ones) carry my dead spiders back to my locker?

*Holds dead spider over own spider body for example*

I'd be one happy s...salesman.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2016, 07:55:07 am »

"Sorry. Here." Gilles returned Raioyris the pieces of metal that had broken off his locus and began examining the beating heart. It seemed his plan of making a routine run to establish a buffer zone in the Labyrinth and peddling his merchandise there was going to get postponed. "This is strange. Any information on it?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2016, 11:40:04 am »

Activate mage power to communicate with the living... -thing. Focus on reading information from the beads.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2016, 05:03:11 pm »

"Sorry. Here." Gilles returned Raioyris the pieces of metal that had broken off his locus and began examining the beating heart. It seemed his plan of making a routine run to establish a buffer zone in the Labyrinth and peddling his merchandise there was going to get postponed. "This is strange. Any information on it?"
"I am not able to discern it's purpose myself, so I'll just tell you what sensors tell me;"
Solj tells Giles basically what's in the previous turn.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2016, 07:32:58 pm »

"That Plexor nexus says it's living, but aside from that I can't tell much more." Gilles replied, resorting to good old eyeballing and guessing based on past experiences, which didn't help much. His industrial suit's sensor suite wasn't exactly the most analytical thing in the Labyrinth either, and it showed. "How about you, Raioyris?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2016, 11:59:39 am »

((Sorry for being quiet! That moment when a two hour nap turns into seven...))

"I think you just broke my spine." Expose memory metal to my locus in order to reincorporate it.

Raioyris is forced to extrude new Locus elements, and then painstakingly allow heat to transfer into the broken-off pieces without the natural heat-vent connection. It takes a while, but eventually they are re-heated to the point where the elements are semi-molten. They then retract into his back, where the internal forge sets about fully liquefying them.

Activate mage power to communicate with the living... -thing. Focus on reading information from the beads.

Raioyris attempts a connection: [3 -> 3!!!] He sees it all: mountains of dead spiders, each the size of a human; artifacts on both sides illuminating the... bookshelves? There was a massive battle at some point, and each of these clusters of beads contains its own perspective, its own story to tell, regarding this huge war. Raioyris could stand there for hours... but he feels a prodding at his side.

...Hey spider leader, can you have your spiders(living ones) carry my dead spiders back to my locker?

*Holds dead spider over own spider body for example*

I'd be one happy s...salesman.

Raioyris seems preoccupied with his human things. Wilbur, with nothing better to do, daydreams a bit.

"You can't be serious!"

Said the brood queen. Spiders in this day and age were born in what was basically a factory, not to a mother, but each generation had a queen assigned to it, rearing the spiders into maturity.
The spider-council responded with an iron determination. "The survival of all of us is at stake; lest we forget, the Children of the Moon have sailed the stars. Surely we only exist as we do because they have let us. We are their playthings. There is no other choice."

"We will cease to exist!" shrieked the queen. "The new progeny will bear no resemblance to the old. It is as if we are doing the Exterminators' job for them!"

"Existence is better than non-existence. You advocate for the destruction of your own species, we offer protection, and a future guaranteed. One day we shall rise again, and that hope is enough for us.
Trifle with us no longer. The future is set in stone."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2016, 04:13:46 pm »

"Raioyris? What's going on?" Gilles asked, poking his far-too-quiet companion.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:15:59 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2016, 04:55:24 pm »

Welcome back." The first words he remembers. That's not true.. the first words he remembers that he felt something, in his heart.

Wilbur snaps awake and and his attention shifts to the large drumming heart machine in the room nearby.

He scuttles over to see what everyone's doing..
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2016, 09:20:42 pm »

The silk cocoon begins to shake as if what's inside is trying to get out.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2016, 10:15:18 pm »

Knowledge check on the Cocoon.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2016, 10:56:00 pm »

"Battles, tragedy and books?" Raioyris explains to the fullest and then Explore these selves for books.

Put my spiders to work carrying there own dead to where ever Wilbur wanted them. "It's a sad day for spider kind." Raioyris utters in brief mourning.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 10:58:37 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37