Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48787 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2016, 12:49:29 am »

"An ominous air hangs around here, gentlemen. Judging by yon dessicated corpse, this area is more hazardous than previously believed."
((I assume that Solj can see yon desiccated corpse even without the momentary light, given that it is equipped with various sensors like IR and sonar.))

Scan the passageway for hostiles.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2016, 08:44:47 pm »

Examine the dead spiders to see how they would have worked.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2016, 09:07:36 pm »

(LET ME HELP!)

Wilbur dumps dead bodies off on the inquisitive one.

(Almost like Christmas!)

6 is plenty.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2016, 11:08:40 pm »

"Christmas? Never heard of Christmas.

It must be among the things they don't teach you as a lab rat."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2016, 11:36:36 pm »

"...Hmm, did you see that?" Gilles asked before moving towards the wall and checking it. He began examining the area, the suit's auxiliary skeletal arms trying to find the seam and wrench it open.

Do as the flavor says.

Prying it won't do, the seam is much too narrow for any sort of fingers to slip between the cracks.

"See what?"

If Gilles tells Raioyris about the seam extend my locus from my spine to pry away at seam.

[3+2 -> 2] Gleaming tendrils emerge from Raioyris' spinal column, through his jacket, and the edges flatten themselves into blades, still glowing with the warmth of a miniature Starforge. He waits for the ends to temper, being under no time pressure), and applies leverage through the edges. Unfortunately, the thin Locus tendrils are not able to exert enough force to dislodge the bricks. The wall has proven very resilient ((DIFF 5)). It is, after all, part of the foundation for a massive tower.
((You need 5 hits on the wall in a single turn to open it. If your actions support each other, though, you can split these hits between multiple people))

"Wilbur, you used to do that, right? Do you know how to undo locks?"
(Ah. Would it be lazy of me to ask for #Wilbur in black font when someone needs me to respond/act, sometimes it can get lost in the fonts and colors the little things)

Start dropping off the carcasses on my party members. (RPing I didn't hear question)

Here!

Wilbur moves to and fro, amassing a steadily-growing pile of spider carcasses which pile up near Raioyris, Milenus, Gilles, and the talking weapon. The pile has almost surpassed half the number of confirmed living spiders.

Some of the carcasses he passed by on his return trip seem to have disappeared.

Examine the dead spiders to see how they would have worked.

Millenus inserts his hand into the spider carcass. His Pandora cells multiply to fill in the spaces and discover that the spider's bodies are mostly hollow, separated into a pressure chamber for each leg. There are no motors, only membranes separating the spaces, in addition to a single round power bead that functions much like a battery. The head contains most of the thinking materials: several sight orbs and a plexor nexus housing the spider's mundane soul. As far as useful materials go, the most valuable parts are the sight orbs, which can be used for sight, as their name would imply.

Gushing from the spider's corpse is a sticky, but non-viscous lavender-colored fluid, appearing pale tan under torchlight.

"An ominous air hangs around here, gentlemen. Judging by yon dessicated corpse, this area is more hazardous than previously believed."
((I assume that Solj can see yon desiccated corpse even without the momentary light, given that it is equipped with various sensors like IR and sonar.))

Scan the passageway for hostiles.

The weapon's quiet humming seemed to reverberate through the hall. This would, by itself, indicate a very peculiar acoustic profile, but Solj was already scanning for hostiles by the time the Banshee of the Webwork showed up on its RAEDAR feed. Once a mythical creature, Banshee sightings have fluctuated in the past decades, on average a single sighting per year. Rumor has it that Adventurers visited by the Banshee are destined for great success in the labyrinth, but also a horrible death; there are no remaining survivors, all of whom died in subsequent visits to the Labyrinth.

The Banshee does not show herself for long. A fluttering gown in the darkness turns round a corner and darts out of sight. But the singing continues, long after it ended. Solj's casual humming now fills the halls with off-key variations on the main theme. A deep note repeats itself like a drum, not from the Banshee's voice, but from somewhere else. It seems to be coming from the walls.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 04:45:29 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2016, 11:48:01 pm »

"Do you have a hammer? Maybe a hammer like fist?"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:06:32 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2016, 02:44:06 am »

"A hammer is unnecessary. Explosives are much more energetic."

Prepare an Explosive Round. If someone would like to point me at the wall, loose a single bullet and see what effect it has.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2016, 03:10:33 am »

((I don't know if you can get enough hits that way.

We can try.

If it fails a combination move might combine our stats give us a shot at 5 hits.))

"Are you sure that won't just warp the metal inward?

Whatever we do it's going to get loud in here."

Aim for the seam.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:02:42 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2016, 03:37:34 pm »

"A hammer is unnecessary. Explosives are much more energetic."

Prepare an Explosive Round. If someone would like to point me at the wall, loose a single bullet and see what effect it has.

Solj hums as his internal nanosystems fabricate a shaped explosive charge. He fires it into the wall, and the explosion echoes despite the narrow enclosure.

Unfortunately, the small 12.5mm round holds too little explosive to reasonably dislodge the stone. It takes more than just energy to force material aside, and much of the energy is dissipated in a burst of dust..

The shaped round does punch a small hole, not quite all the way through but a fair distance. The barrier is at least 15cm thick, if not more.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2016, 03:42:59 pm »

Use my locus in the gap like a lever.

"It's a start."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2016, 04:46:14 pm »

"Yeah, about expected. That's too little firepower." Gilles commented, having the Absalom's hands grab Raioyris' locus and help him force the seam open. He also noticed the dark pile nearby. "And Raioyris, why a pile of spider corpses? That's both morbid and worrying. What's causing their deaths?"

Help Raioyris.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2016, 05:23:00 pm »

"I'm not sure those are mine... Wilbur, curious what makes you tick?" Count the living spiders I have amassed.

Hermia continues to be terrified of Wilbur.

Also unless it interrupts prying the door try to reanimate the dead ones with mage power in the same way I converted the live ones.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 05:32:53 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2016, 10:47:10 pm »

"I'm not sure those are mine... Wilbur, curious what makes you tick?" Count the living spiders I have amassed.

Also unless it interrupts prying the door try to reanimate the dead ones with mage power in the same way I converted the live ones.

Raioyris counts thirteen living spiders. This is the highest number of living spiders in your following so far.

Use my locus in the gap like a lever.

"It's a start."
"Yeah, about expected. That's too little firepower." Gilles commented, having the Absalom's hands grab Raioyris' locus and help him force the seam open. He also noticed the dark pile nearby. "And Raioyris, why a pile of spider corpses? That's both morbid and worrying. What's causing their deaths?"

Help Raioyris.

Raioyris himself is too scrawny to use the tactic effectively, but Gilles gives him a hand. [3+2 -> 3][3+5 -> 5] It hurts! The locus has receptors for pain, but only pain which causes a fracturing of the memory alloy that means...

Gilles is left with two diamond-hard elements acting as prybars to remove the wall with. They've lost their motive aspect and are now solid chunks of memory metal, far tougher than steel but also brittle, as was just demonstrated.

Using the extra leverage, Gilles handily lifts the concrete slab buried into the wall. Inside the compartment is a massive heart, clearly non-human. It has several bubble-shaped ventricles, each transparent and filled with varying amounts of fluorescent lavender-colored fluid. It could be visualized as more of a pump than a heart, but its eerie, regular thumping rhythm and pulsating appearance suggests otherwise. Elastic cables suspend it from the ceiling, and it hangs down to waist height.

In the space behind the heart are spider carcasses, long dried out and hollow. The eyes and internals are missing, as if the whole body was shed like a skin, and an irregularly-shaped tunnel winds up into the space above. A large silk-wrapped cocoon sits near the heart, on the edge of the passage.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2016, 10:51:01 pm »

"I think you just broke my spine." Expose memory metal to my locus in order to reincorporate it.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:01:08 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2016, 11:55:07 pm »

"He he he. That reminds me of a running joke."

Get as much information about the heart as possible using sensors.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37