Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48769 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #510 on: March 18, 2017, 10:02:57 pm »

"Is that one a friend of yours?" Gilles asked, comfortably warm inside his suit's cockpit.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 19, 2017, 02:30:38 am »

During a flash of lightning, Zeke can make out silhouettes in the distance, and yelling just barely over the howling winds. He readies his steed and rides towards the group, shouting out to them inquisitively.

"Well this seems like an odd time to be exploring here! What brings you to this... 'fine establishment' during a storm?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 20, 2017, 12:39:59 am »

William calls out from the back.

"Hey, you. Are you planning to stand there all night or what?

We'll pay you if you come with us."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 20, 2017, 08:50:38 pm »

"Into the spire I assume? You'll need to find a way into it first. I spent a few hours checking for any entrance big enough to fit both of us, but as you can see it hasn't gone too well. If you can help I'd be happy to join your group of storm-wanderers."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 20, 2017, 10:02:32 pm »

"What have you tried doing? In fact, are we sure it wouldn't be better to at least try to get behind the spire to use it as a shield against the wind?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 21, 2017, 01:13:31 am »

"Into the spire I assume? You'll need to find a way into it first. I spent a few hours checking for any entrance big enough to fit both of us, but as you can see it hasn't gone too well. If you can help I'd be happy to join your group of storm-wanderers."

"Nope," Lucia shouts. She slams the earth under her heel, forming a new tunnel through the storm. "A knight-errant, by the looks of it. Perhaps he is our ticket into the castle.", she whispers to the party.

"Do you know of the village of Mihara? It is our destination. We have a duty to fulfill there, with a large pay if you are interested..."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 21, 2017, 01:19:09 am »

"Mihara? I traveled there before, the local noble seems to be quite popular. What is your duty there? Depending on the task, I might take up your offer."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 21, 2017, 01:20:02 am »

"Good. You know him!"

"We plan to kill him. What do you think?"

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 21, 2017, 01:20:57 am »

"...explain. Now."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 21, 2017, 01:29:43 am »

"The man is possessed of a spirit, which through him has worked miraculous deeds, such as raising houses and building his fortress. You ought to know that a spirit can only channel a power through a human, for normally they inhabit a realm separate from ours.

That spirit has found, in the good count, a suitable host whose mental structure is ideally matched to its own. With this, it is inevitable that the two will become one, the line between man and spirit shall be erased, and no longer will the powers of the spirit be limited by the simple mind of man. He will become a demigod. But whether he continues to use his power for others, or for himself, one can scarcely predict. Who knows what is in his mind.

Our party, sponsored by Duke Eisenhower of Vogtworth, seeks to eliminate this threat before it becomes a problem."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 21, 2017, 01:33:48 am »

"So, your contractors wish to commit murder for the mere possibility that his spirit will fully inhabit him and go mad with power?"

"..."

"Is there any other way the spirit could be safeguarded against? Without murder?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 21, 2017, 01:54:57 am »

"So, your contractors wish to commit murder for the mere possibility that his spirit will fully inhabit him and go mad with power?"

"..."

"Is there any other way the spirit could be safeguarded against? Without murder?"

"A 'Mere Possibility?' If you leave at a man's doorstep the keys to the Sacred Vault, where all mystic tomes are stored, tomes of great power and potential, whose blame is it if the man turns evil?

If only it could be exorcised, the spirit would most likely defend itself and use its owner as a hostage no doubt. But it has never been done before. Do not expect us to work a miracle without a spirit of our own."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 21, 2017, 08:50:05 am »

"Without a spirit of... Hm..." Johan looked like he wanted to say something, but didn't think now was the right time. He looked at Raiorys uncomfortably.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 21, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »

"...fine. If there is no other option. I'll join with your group to prevent the greater threat. I've seen worse reasons to kill. So, how do we proceed?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 21, 2017, 10:14:14 pm »

"The original plan is restraining him then letting Raioyris try his magic in the hopes for a less deadly solution to the problem." Gilles explained. "I'm not fond of the idea of killing the man either, but in case he does turn out to be a threat, I'm not against it."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37