Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [ISG] Unfair Advantage [RPG 1/1]  (Read 1340 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
[ISG] Unfair Advantage [RPG 1/1]
« on: December 16, 2016, 08:52:48 pm »

Inspired by Supernerd's Zenith Concert.

This is a suggestion game that is ALSO an RPG for one player(someone fairly active plox Thanks Supernerd!).

The gimmick is that the suggesters will sculpt the player's character and then the player will choose what do do. But don't choose too lightly because there's the chance that the advantage will go to the enemy!

First we need a protagonist.

Name:
Appearance:
3 skills or abilities:

The character has amnesia, so no backstory yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:15:53 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Unfair Advantage (SG × RPG!)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 09:25:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure that this game was actually YOUR idea, so I don't think you need my permission.
I'll also apply to be that one player. I feel I have been sufficiently active as of late.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 10:52:57 pm »

Of course you can. Welcome aboard SN!
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Unfair Advantage (ISG × RPG!) Ft. Supernerd
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 01:38:10 pm »

Name: You don't need a name.
Appearance: You don't need to be special. Just a man. Just what you look like right now.
Ability 1: You don't need sustenance.
Ability 2: You don't need other people.
Ability 3: There's only one thing you need. Determination. And you have that in spades.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 01:41:53 pm »

Name: You don't need a name.
Appearance: You don't need to be special. Just a man. Just what you look like right now.
Ability 1: You don't need sustenance.
Ability 2: You don't need other people.
Ability 3: There's only one thing you need. Determination. And you have that in spades.
...Do you like having unamed characters, or can you just not be bothered to think of one?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 01:43:23 pm »

Names are easy. From John, to Edgar, to Whatchamakallit, I can come up with plenty of names. I'm finding them boring now, though, in some cases.
Besides, the main character has amnesia. Why would he(or she?) remember his/her name?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 01:55:39 pm »

Names are easy. From John, to Edgar, to Whatchamakallit, I can come up with plenty of names. I'm finding them boring now, though, in some cases.
Besides, the main character has amnesia. Why would he(or she?) remember his/her name?
Good point.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 04:15:17 pm »

Name:UristMcUrist
Appearance: A dwarf.
3 skills or abilities:
Controllable Magic Beard.
Super Strong Beard.
Super Stretch Beard.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 06:57:03 pm »

Name: Rezzi Jay
Appearance: White tank top with black sports pants and white hightop sneakers and a baseball cap with the letters RJ stitched in.

Ability A: God of Rap
Ability B: Beatbox King
Ability C: Gun Fu
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 12:00:32 pm »

Newcomer played by Supernerd: Turn 1

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:13:46 pm by roseheart »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 12:16:32 pm »

Item 1: The Holy Grail
Item 2: A Gunblade
Item 3: An 8 week old kitten. Calico

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 03:36:21 pm »

All we need is Mom's Spaghetti
But a mic is always nice
We need a gun, too (In case things get a bit hairy
And we need to put someone on ice)
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Unfair Advantage [RPG 1/1]
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 06:26:32 pm »

What do I do?

Well if the god of rap challenges me... The correct thing to do would be to figure out what the stakes are before actually making a decision!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: [ISG] Unfair Advantage [RPG 1/1]
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 06:37:19 pm »

(your life)
Pages: [1] 2