Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189180 times)

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2085 on: April 26, 2017, 03:17:13 pm »

Is the surveyor skill even important?
The value on surveying during constructions is usually something like 5 or 10. When building something that has 500 points in total, does it actually have any impact if the guy doing the work has 15 or 40 in surveying?
You might getting blocked from starting a construction if you don't have an architect or surveyor on site, but does the level of their skill actually have any measureable impact?
It takes up even less percentage of the building process then digging usually does, and I've never seen any difference in quality between sending an actual digger and some random dude who just happened to be holding a shovel at the time.

The only 2 jobs I can think off right now where surveying isn't a mostly negligible footnote are hay fields (where quality has no impact, so it doesn't matter) and building roads.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:24:00 pm by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 26, 2017, 03:26:16 pm »

This game was cool for a few months.... but uhh I've lost total interest.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 26, 2017, 03:54:34 pm »

Yeah I stopped playing... It's cool, but a lot of the jobs seem like they are added to increase complexity simply for the sake of complexity.  Like, it's disjointed a bit.  That may just be because it's still in development.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: April 26, 2017, 04:23:13 pm »

I still like it after 3 months, mostly because I'm happy with the way my primary domain develops. However, in retrospect I shouldn't have started my second domain on Tropica. Found a spot with diamonds that I didn't want to give up, but found out diamonds are worthless :P

Another good that puzzles me is glasswort. It can only be used to produce soda and salt. Yet salt ore, which is much cheaper, yields as much. Why would anyone buy glasswort at non-equivalent prices? I'm better off selling it directly than making soda of it.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 26, 2017, 05:36:50 pm »

Tropica is slightly annoying. No acorns from oak trees, no juniper berries from juniper trees, no wool from sheep, no pigs, no dozens of other things that can't be produced over 25C. I wonder if winter time brings down temperatures under 25C. And I wonder what winter is. Is Tropica considered southern hemisphere, so wintertime is what would be midsummer on the northern hemisphere?

What you need are coconuts, cork oaks, nutmeg (especially nutmeg), and I guess bananas are okay if you have loads of them. Then set up some fruit growers (about one per 50 trees) with the cheapest baskets, set them to automate, and sell the goods to Space Venice. Nutmeg only grows in the jungle, however, so you'd need to set up a new domain for that.

Besides fruit-like stuff, you should also convert that meadow to hay fields. It means building and demolishing loads of barns, but it's decent passive income. Then there's all those pine trees you have. Pine wood sells reliably for 10-20d per [m3], so each tree can net you a few hundred deniers each week. When you have hundreds of trees available, that's easily tens of thousands of denier each week. The downside is you cut into your income if you use it as building material, so you might want to harvest lesser woods such as palm to avoid that.

Linen doesn't do well above 35 [degC], so maybe don't grow that unless you absolutely need it for something else and can't afford to or don't want to buy it. You can reliably grow hemp and convert to rope for slow but reliable income, but to do that in large quantities requires sanity-draining micromanagement if you don't have relatively expensive ploughmen.

Supposedly there are more tropical themed goods in the works for currently useless things like bushlands, banyans, and kapoks, but given schist has been around for longer and is still useless, don't count on it happening anytime soon. (Then again, sulfur became useful.)

You're about 6000 arpents north of the equator, so you're headed into summer, though you probably won't experience much seasonal variation there.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: April 26, 2017, 05:43:08 pm »

I still like it after 3 months, mostly because I'm happy with the way my primary domain develops. However, in retrospect I shouldn't have started my second domain on Tropica. Found a spot with diamonds that I didn't want to give up, but found out diamonds are worthless :P

Yeah starting the second domain was a no go for me as well. Its not bad if you just screw around with a singular domain but much more than that and it just becomes a chore.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: April 27, 2017, 04:16:01 am »

Why would anyone buy glasswort at non-equivalent prices?
If it's really high q, people might buy it to start their own plantations.

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 27, 2017, 07:56:58 am »

Yeah starting the second domain was a no go for me as well. Its not bad if you just screw around with a singular domain but much more than that and it just becomes a chore.

I currently have 8 domains, considering getting a 9th at the moment.

Structure is:

Main domain <-- 10% tax on subdomains
Subdomain #1 | Subdomain #2 | Subdomain #3 <--- those provide money; one with gold and the other ones with iron and tools
4x subsubdomains <-- Those are in development and I don't bother much with them. I usually organize them at the weekends. When they provide a solid income I'll move them up under my main domain.

This way I have loads of money in my main domain to buy all the resources I need to expand.

Works pretty great :)
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 27, 2017, 12:39:00 pm »

>Have 7-8 domains. 
>Ignore 6-7 domains and concentrate on the 1-2 domains.
>Perfectly happy with how I am playing.

Helps that my primary domain is an economic powerhouse where I can either do the thing or throw money at the thing. 
Also, in the top 10-15 in merchant ranks based primarily on the economic powers of my primary domain, without shenanigans.  (Though to be fair, it is lifetime accumulation per character.)
https://www.landsoflords.com/rank/mrc
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 27, 2017, 07:33:23 pm »

This way I have loads of money in my main domain to buy all the resources I need to expand.
You might be doing it wrong because my main domain is so rich independently it actually subsidizes my vassal realms.
The more time and effort you put in a domain, the more money it yields.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2095 on: April 28, 2017, 01:23:08 am »

I have 6 domains, from those 1 is primary and I actually build it up a lot, 1 is Vlockor which is special project, 3 I mostly build walls and huts on and the last one is just there to exist so I just get cash from iron and wall it with limestone so I don't have to come back a lot.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 28, 2017, 01:56:25 am »

You might be doing it wrong because my main domain is so rich independently it actually subsidizes my vassal realms.
The more time and effort you put in a domain, the more money it yields.

I'm currently working on making my main domain more independent. But the money I get from my subdomains provide a very nice boost :)
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: May 14, 2017, 01:22:46 am »

I really dislike the religion system that was added, and the more I think about it the worse it gets.
It is not even the implementation. It is that its basically Christianity replacing an already existing pagan system, without acknowledging it anywhere.
There is no nod anywhere that for the last 7 months there were holy trees, or that the 9 other gods exist.

No idea why, but it really annoys me.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: May 14, 2017, 01:27:00 am »

One needs to form a catholic themed parish that has no buildings dedicated to it within their domain to train priests to worship pagan gods at great temples.  Makes sense to me.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: May 14, 2017, 09:01:10 am »

I agree entirely on religion, but as to the other aspect of the update, I quite like that I can finally expand my domains again.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 161