Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189213 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2040 on: April 12, 2017, 02:33:40 pm »

Heh, I wasn't kidding about that pine wood. Seems prices hae gone up even further. Just sold 250 units for 6500 gold simply using the big SELL button.
Maybe I should spare half a whit for my northern domain then...

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: April 12, 2017, 04:05:59 pm »

I'm probably responsible for a decent chunk of the increased demand for low quality pine on Tropica, seeing as I'm putting up an order for 900 [m3] every day and increasing the bid when it doesn't fill. Hut and barn spam in multiple domains will do that. It's the asking price that's silly, having more than doubled in just the past few days. Either someone isn't planning ahead and not bidding, or someone has loads of money to blow and doesn't care. Nails are in the same situation.

In any case, please continue selling low q pine and nails. Saturate those markets and bring those asks down so people are willing to fill my bids again.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: April 12, 2017, 04:08:58 pm »

The rising price of wood is really killing me. I don't produce all that much oak, maple, or beech and I go through about a thousand a week. Probably way more.
Then what is pine good for? It must be good for something, as it sells for really good money on Tropica. In fact, it's about the only thing that makes me any real money, save the weekly harvest of cork (which has become less profitable over the past two weeks, cork prices going down)

If you are on Tetra selling to Tropica... you can get better prices selling to Tetra.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 12, 2017, 05:00:43 pm »

Nah I'm on Tropica selling to Tropica.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: April 12, 2017, 10:15:56 pm »

So I just started and ran into a problem?

Apparently, I now need surveying to construct buildings, so I decided to build a school to train surveyors- but I need surveying to build the building that lets me train surveyors?

Am I missing something here?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: April 12, 2017, 10:20:14 pm »

So I just started and ran into a problem?

Apparently, I now need surveying to construct buildings, so I decided to build a school to train surveyors- but I need surveying to build the building that lets me train surveyors?

Am I missing something here?

Your people are tired or your building the school on very rough ground. In the first case, wait till they're fully rested, in the second, build it elsewhere.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: April 13, 2017, 04:44:24 am »

Also, train an architect instead. They get some surveying skill with their architect package.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 13, 2017, 07:30:30 am »

I strongly recommend having a surveyor from the start. A very high level architect can theoretically satisfy your surveying needs, but you don't have to bother waiting for months. Training a surveyor costs no additional resources and it will speed up your initial expansion greatly.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: April 13, 2017, 08:20:59 am »

I strongly recommend having a surveyor from the start. A very high level architect can theoretically satisfy your surveying needs, but you don't have to bother waiting for months. Training a surveyor costs no additional resources and it will speed up your initial expansion greatly.

This. Also Surveyor + Digger is great for road building. Architects are overrated. Once you start worrying about walls and more industry-intensive planning you can get some architects then.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: April 13, 2017, 08:26:45 am »

Yep. I first required an architect only when I started building fortifications. And once you no longer need a surveyor you can just retrain him. So you really lose nothing training one early on.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: April 15, 2017, 02:54:54 pm »

Then what is pine good for? It must be good for something, as it sells for really good money on Tropica. In fact, it's about the only thing that makes me any real money, save the weekly harvest of cork (which has become less profitable over the past two weeks, cork prices going down)

Pine has good carpentry, decent parquetry and joinery bonuses. It's not the best material, but it can make some solid huts and houses.
Moreover, for many projects a good price is more important than high skill bonuses. Homes provide expansion and population bonuses regardless of quality, and only use quality to determine happiness bonus; so any house that you don't intend to actually have people working in might as well be made from any cheap wood. Also, a good number of projects need wood/charcoal to burn, but about half of them have very minimal skill bonus from the fire quality, so you might as well burn the cheapest wood you can find.

Rising prices are simply due to supply and demand. There's a high demand, but low supply. Because prices are now rising, we can probably expect to see more people training additional lumberjacks and producing more wood, which should cause prices to regulate eventually. We may even see entire towns being settled in the middle of forests with no other viable resources, just because wood is suddenly a profitable venture.

In other news, I recently discovered hotkeys, and find that they save a lot of time. I can select [A]ll of the units in the current tile, tell them to build a [R]oad, plow a [F]ield, make a [H]ut, or even ask them to [G]move. I'm not sure how that last one makes sense...maybe in the dev's native language move is spelled with a G?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 15, 2017, 03:12:54 pm »

[G]o
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: April 15, 2017, 03:41:50 pm »

What is this nonsense. I can't build a slaughterhouse for my sheep. I need a cowshed first to be able to butcher my sheep meat. Complete bs.

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: April 18, 2017, 02:19:13 am »

What is this nonsense. I can't build a slaughterhouse for my sheep. I need a cowshed first to be able to butcher my sheep meat. Complete bs.

Also stumbled over this, because I wanted to start produce saddles.
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 18, 2017, 02:54:23 am »

Another tip: Do not train a hunter on Tropica. I wasted something like 7000 gold on weapons for it, only to find out there's no animals in the game that can be hunted on Tropica. Too warm. All huntable animals hae a 25C max temperature.

Retrained my hunter into a ploughman :P

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 161