Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189266 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1935 on: March 12, 2017, 07:08:10 am »

They've now added the Vice-Kingdom domain level, with the associated Viceroy/Vicequeen titles. It has the same requirements as a Duchy plus a Chapel, and it appears to be one step higher than a Duchy, as a Viceroy can have Dukes as vassals.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 12, 2017, 07:26:29 am »

Vice Kingdom also needs to be founded on a different continent then its parent kingdom/empire.
That condition is missung from the help page now, but it was there this morning.

Maybe it will always count as a "connected" vassal for its suzerain in the future, so island kingdoms will be able to become empires.

EDIT:
The "colony" condition is still there, it is hidden in the small summary box under the condition checkboxes now.
It used to be among the checkboxes.

EDIT2:
Well, you guys know what this means.
We need to subdue all the other island nations now, and place them under the ethernal guidance of the Imperial Peoples Democratic Peoples Republic of the Zaldoristan People.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:34:26 am by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 12, 2017, 07:39:45 am »

I don't see it, though I'm sure it's still there.

In any case, I'm finding straw and hemp on the market again. My main domain's temperature has been inching higher, right now at -7°C. Winter Spring is coming. Then again, temperatures for most of the continent south of me are around -6° - -5° all the way down to the southern lands.

EDIT: Wait a second, if Tropica is supposed to be south of the equator(my heir's domain is >1000 arpents south of where south begins), shouldn't its Fall begin around now?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:41:35 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 12, 2017, 07:42:52 am »

Now I see it again up in the checkboxes.
The last one under the "Needs suzerain: Kingdom/Empire" one.

"[X] Colony: Zaldor. Can not be located in the same region as the suzerain."
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 13, 2017, 07:33:24 am »

Looks like the owner of the territory next to mine, one which was blocking my expansion efforts, has died, along with all her family. It's not claimable yet, but will be soon. This provides me some interesting options. I can claim it with my main, sell off everything, and burn it as per usual, but this would provide little plunder compared to what my city is already producing. Alternately, I could claim it with my heir and loot it, because her domain in Tropica could use the funds I'm sure. Another option is to claim it with my heir and keep it, and use it for contiguous territory requirements. In any case, I'd better claim it with my main and/or move soldiers onto it to keep any other scavengers off.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 13, 2017, 04:45:35 pm »

If there is anyone looking to start in this game, I have a domain available for them to take up (assuming their lord doesn't return soon, I think he's fallen to AFK disease). I technically have 2 but I expect my main domain's growth to absorb that particular domain soon.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 13, 2017, 04:47:49 pm »

I just hit 1 million monies for the first time, not in my primary domain but in a village held by one of his heirs. It's the one that I have mostly quarrying granite and butchering imported cows, both of which have been extremely profitable.
I really need to figure out something that I can invest in to lower my total wealth so I won't be such an easy target for bandits.

In other news, my primary domain just finished it's first tower, and my guy is now Mayor Fool! I also planned out my first set of siegneurial residences and started construction of the Keep.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:52:13 pm by Folly »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 14, 2017, 01:41:03 am »

Anyone looking to move to Tor Flunk area?  Have a few domains up for grabs.  PM me or talk to me on Discord for details.  (I'm Tnx on discord)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 14, 2017, 06:50:37 am »

And now I'm being threatened by a guy because of my plans to claim the abandoned domain that is right on my doorstep. Well, this just got ugly now, didn't it?

EDIT: ...I might need reinforcements. They've got a full dozen troops on their square, and since it's a large kingdom, this could spiral out of control. But no, I do not want a hostile presence literally on my border.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:53:51 am by Akura »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 14, 2017, 07:31:07 am »

I tried playing his and really didn't like it, but I compulsively read the thread because it's so fascinating
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 14, 2017, 07:41:24 am »

So I had this plot of land on Tropica for a long time, nobody within miles and miles, completely desolate. Then yesterday, new player settlements began popping up just beside me. One is a bit too close, borders will meet in a week or so. The other one is a bit more natural, as there was a diamond deposit on site, probably a month or two away.

And then there's that other thing, I don't have much of a real economy in my domains. I print money and do arbitrage trading. Very little production except for raw materials that I need for expansion/happiness. Developing an industry is very costly, but trying to get there. To combat unemployment I make settlers dig moats. Money that's in the treasury is bad money, unless it's for getting a minimum salary going at the end of the day.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 07:43:17 am by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 14, 2017, 07:57:22 pm »

I've spoken with Spud's king - the same guy who tried to recruit me previously, but seems to have broken off from Tepesia to form his own kingdom - and he's trying to leverage the domain towards me joining.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 14, 2017, 08:46:24 pm »

I've spoken with Spud's king - the same guy who tried to recruit me previously, but seems to have broken off from Tepesia to form his own kingdom - and he's trying to leverage the domain towards me joining.

Are you on the discord? A lot of the bay12ers look at thata lot more than the thread some days. Some of the big North bay12ers (you're in the north of tetra right?) might be able to offer advice or maybe even a show of force :P

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 14, 2017, 09:14:09 pm »

Master Kroll plunged in and started a settlement in Northern Tetra. His enthusiasm was not matched by observational skills and he soon discovered the settlement was a mite too close to larger neighbours and far, far away from most resources of any value. He presently finds himself locked in what appears to be a silent, passive-aggressive expansion race with his eastern neighbour which has likely developed due to the glittering prize of two tiles of saltmarsh.

A worrying development to be sure - but worse indications of impending doom revealed themselves as Kroll examined the geography to the West. A larger territory exists there, practically brimming with resources since it contains a whole two tiles of iron ore. One presumes this entity is involved in the business of exporting extreme savagery given the existence of a ruined hamlet to the south of it's borders.  :(

In spite of these pressures, the master's wooden castle is nearing completion. Security considerations aside, it will at least afford his Lordship a suitable viewing platform from which to observe his peasants reaping their harvest of woe. :'(

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 15, 2017, 04:47:45 am »

Are you on the discord? A lot of the bay12ers look at thata lot more than the thread some days. Some of the big North bay12ers (you're in the north of tetra right?) might be able to offer advice or maybe even a show of force :P

...I have no idea what a discord is.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 161