Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189325 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1890 on: March 05, 2017, 09:06:10 am »

They really should add in "rich" veins and "poor" veins. Poorer for the warmer climates :P

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 05, 2017, 10:16:25 am »

It also needs bottles... which need cork... which needs 20 degree temperatures to collect. Not for Northerners, indeed.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 05, 2017, 12:04:54 pm »

you can use wood for roofing too!!!!! not as nice, but cheaper.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 05, 2017, 02:23:48 pm »

I seem to be a bit stuck.
I can't build huts, or streets. Apparently I lack 'roofing'.

When you're in the construction tab, you should be able to click the 'Roofing' box for a list of suitable materials that you can select from. Once you've made your selection, you can click that box again for an option to buy it from the marketplace, either manually or automatically at average price. The topmost material will be the one with the highest skill bonuses, while the lowest material has the worst skill bonuses. You can also reference Help->Skills->Construction for a more detailed list of how much skill bonus each material offers.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 05, 2017, 09:24:18 pm »

He's either masterful troll or he really doesn't see the problem with this.
Or maybe he adds features not because a few players are bitching about their failures but because he's been working on them for a while.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1895 on: March 06, 2017, 12:12:31 am »

No.
Maple syrup was suggested to him like three days ago or so, and he said he'll do it. He didin't have any plan for it before.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 06, 2017, 05:44:23 am »

Then I guess he just liked the idea behind the feature.
Like there's literally no reason to believe his every action is directed at appeasing the disgruntled or trolling them.

I don't get all the complaints anyway. My northernmost domain is currently my richest one even though my primary domain is in the south. You just need to choose your starting spot carefully and exploit its strengths.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 06, 2017, 07:29:49 am »

https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Tropico

If any of ya'll want to live nearby....  Rainforest to the west.  Coast to the south.  Try not to set-up too close to each other.

Is it all right is I set up at 07553W:01073S(actually, I could go a bit further south than that), or do you want me to move further down the coast?

EDIT: They've changed it so that you no longer need straw to produce chickens. It's optional, and I'd say there is an effect on quality, since starting with 73% chickens, the new batch will be 70%.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:41:15 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 06, 2017, 09:56:58 am »

That spot is fine.  Personally, I don't care too much if someone drops in too close to me here, but others in our group want to grow big.  (Because they couldn't in the old world/Tetra.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 06, 2017, 03:55:07 pm »

A whole lot of temperature stuff has now been put into place. Metalworking can only be done from -50C to 30C. Clay can only be harvested from -10C to 40C. Et cetera.
Anything that looks like it'll seriously change the playstyle of the North and/or South?

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 06, 2017, 03:59:14 pm »

Any helpful suggestions for my little realm? It seem to be stagnating a bit as of late. Am I doing it right?

00095E:28521N

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 06, 2017, 05:23:07 pm »

I was going to say, what the hell gets to -50°C and people still live there?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 06, 2017, 06:44:25 pm »

I was going to say, what the hell gets to -50°C and people still live there?
Montana gets to -40 so I assume that a lot of the indigenous folks of northern Canada go through that kind of temperature in the winter nights.

Lichis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 06, 2017, 07:39:37 pm »

A whole lot of temperature stuff has now been put into place. Metalworking can only be done from -50C to 30C. Clay can only be harvested from -10C to 40C. Et cetera.
Anything that looks like it'll seriously change the playstyle of the North and/or South?
The north should still be able to do metalworking. The south will not in summer.

Also, woodcutting is limited from -50C to 50C. Be wary if you intend on setting in some god-forsaken frozen hellhole or the equivalent of Death Valley.

I don't like those changes, in Tropica we are at around 28-33 degrees depending on the weather and its winter, we won't be able to do any metalworking soon, also no vegetables, most animals products are nono and fruits either.

Most stuff got a cutoff at 30°, some stuff at 40° and almost nothing at 50°. And I suspect that Tropica will be at mid 40s in summer.

I think the dev didn't put much thought into these changes.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 06, 2017, 08:01:05 pm »

I think these are great challenges. Really balances out the North and the South. It was BS that the South had essentially all the advantages.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 161