Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189373 times)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1845 on: March 02, 2017, 03:09:43 am »

Argh, why didn't I check for the new continent before spending my tokens.  Now I have 16 hours of travel time during which someone could teleport in and swipe my chosen new domain location.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 02, 2017, 04:39:08 am »

I suspect that whoever can import masses of wood to the new continent is gonna make bank, the vast fields of lumber like I have at Ryelspoint does not seem to exist in the new world.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 02, 2017, 04:48:49 am »

Those aren't the best stats for the job.  Just the required stats to train it.  If you want the best stats for a job check the skill in question.  Str and Agi are great for a tool maker, but so is Wis.
A tiny clarification - only take into account skills you want this unit to use. For example, toolmakers will indeed need STR/AGI (Smithing) and WIS (fire) to make tools. But if for example you've already got a good surveyor, you can forego CON (surveying) on your architect.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 02, 2017, 05:33:35 am »

I suspect that whoever can import masses of wood to the new continent is gonna make bank, the vast fields of lumber like I have at Ryelspoint does not seem to exist in the new world.

...I don't have a sea connection. No intercontinental exports for me. :'(

Sitting on a pretty pile of spruce though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 02, 2017, 11:13:11 am »

Eh. The Far South is absolute riddled with rainforests--excellent ones. The Near South is perpetually warm, which is great for infinite orchards (which is my plan.)

EDIT: Jk, it's still a problem.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 11:15:07 am by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 02, 2017, 11:45:59 am »

Hey everyone, I want to start a community in the New World, probably near one of the rainforests (or anywhere better if you guys have a clue) let me know where you'd like to set up if interested!
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 02, 2017, 01:20:42 pm »

https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Tropico

If any of ya'll want to live nearby....  Rainforest to the west.  Coast to the south.  Try not to set-up too close to each other.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: March 02, 2017, 04:43:59 pm »

I lucked into finding sapphires and rubies right next to each other :) i also know the location of diamonds, I may make a second colony to harvest those, they're nowhere near my new colony (or planned at least I havent settled down yet)
"zzz"

Corik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 02, 2017, 04:55:04 pm »

Is there any reason to make several colonies? I have started playing a few days ago but I'm still quite newbie. I have two heirs doing nothing in my market square, since I understand you can't move resources from one domain to another unless using the trade system, right?

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #1854 on: March 02, 2017, 05:04:53 pm »

Good timing, just starting to get the hang of this. One question, are you all just lucking out on whats inside your domain? Or are you hunting for resources? Seems nigh impossible to find iron, etc.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: March 02, 2017, 05:24:31 pm »

Is there any reason to make several colonies? I have started playing a few days ago but I'm still quite newbie. I have two heirs doing nothing in my market square, since I understand you can't move resources from one domain to another unless using the trade system, right?

No, I think you can but it's really difficult to work around. IE: it's not something you'd rely on but could maybe pull off for select, rare resources if you needed it, but no guarantees.

Having multiple domains DOES have a benefit though, since you can vassalize them under your main and get taxes from them, plus since they're all growing, you can conscript soldiers (since they're all *yours* technically speaking) and use them when needed.

Furthermore, if you liquidate them later on, you get half their treasury added to your characters account. Which (i believe) gets deposited into whatever domains they own at the end of the day.

Good timing, just starting to get the hang of this. One question, are you all just lucking out on whats inside your domain? Or are you hunting for resources? Seems nigh impossible to find iron, etc.

I hunt for mine personally. I just lucked into great resources in the area I wanted to live in anyway.

Plus, each character can have 3 domains if you really want to, and you dont need to be near them in order to move settlers around. So you can have 2 domains on opposite sides of the map and order units around anyway. So if you want a main domain in one area but you really need the resources from another area, you can do so, just keep in mind you cant trade resouces between domains.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:27:48 pm by Icefire2314 »
"zzz"

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 02, 2017, 05:30:27 pm »

There's some iron just north-west of that weirwood, actually.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 02, 2017, 05:54:56 pm »

you can conscript soldiers (since they're all *yours* technically speaking) and use them when needed.
Considering that you can control the heirs you create, you don't really need to draft them unless there's a specific reason to, like if you want to subjugate someone under your main and only have your heir's troops. It might not work that way, I have no experience in warfare.

https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Tropico

If any of ya'll want to live nearby....  Rainforest to the west.  Coast to the south.  Try not to set-up too close to each other.

I think I found a decent-looking spot by the coast SE of there, where the second river E of Tropico hits the ocean. Might have to send my heiress on a *cough*permanent*cough* tropical vacation, get her out of the castle.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sengoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 02, 2017, 06:21:37 pm »

Have made a more advanced excel version of the profession adviser for anyone who is interested.  Allows you to compare multiple units and lets you swap professions/units by just clicking on them (needs macros enabled to work)

Have plans on adding more features in the future but let me know if you have any suggestions/feedback.

Link to Download:
http://www.filedropper.com/overseer

Screenshot
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Therian Saga

Character: Endalos
Profession: Extractor

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 02, 2017, 07:13:55 pm »

Having settled my Tropica domain I figured I'd share the other options I didn't end up taking, in case it helps anyone out:

05579W:00403S - lots of trees, some silver and rubies.  decent salt marsh, marsh.  cork far away (someone settled not far to the north though, which scuppered some iron and cork I had my eye on).

10552W:06690N - great salt flat, silver, gold, tin, emeralds, iron, some cork.  but limited selection of trees and not the best farmland.

09434W:02182N - great salt marsh, great clay, some iron, lots of trees, a small amount of really nice farmland

04883W:01177N - lots of mediocre salt marsh, good copper, lots of trees, some iron, gold, and diamonds in the area but all quite far apart so prone to other startups nabbing it first

All coastal, all with a river or pond nearby for watermills and sand (and yeah, I was wanting some salt for my domain :p)
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 161