Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189392 times)

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1815 on: February 24, 2017, 05:52:01 am »

One of Tepesia's other vassals is trying to vassalize me now. Their jarl as he calls himself controls a pretty significant county closer to me than the previous guy who messaged me, though it doesn't yet look like it's a colluded effort to recruit me.

Hey there Broadbill - I would be the Count of Tepesia's vassal you are talking about (Skógrheim). It is our standard procedure to try to recruit domains around us (especially those close to us). I have a few main vassals (called Jarls for RP) whose job is to do that, you probably received the message from one of them.

Mind you - we are only asking if you wish to join and there will be no hard feelings if you decline. It is not our intention to force vassalize anyone, for we use vassalization only as a means to group up officially (therefore have the vassal tax set to minimum as well).

Just explaining because people tend to get spooked by these messages and think we'll get upset if you decline. ;D

Rueprect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: February 24, 2017, 01:54:41 pm »

Does anyone have a domain near https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00444W29645N ?  I'm starting to clear out the small domains near me, and I don't want to accidentally attack anyone from this forum.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 24, 2017, 02:06:55 pm »

I did some quick math...with the cost of good tools and resources, it takes approximately 120 monies to specialize one of my houses into a basketry shop and train a settler into a basketweaver. Making a basket costs 100 monies for wicker, and sells for 300 monies, making the venture profitable after the very first sale. So now I've just finished converting 5 of my lazy settlers and unused houses into basket factories.

This despite the fact that I have nearly a dozen mines, quarries, and claypits going unused. But I need bodies in houses to keep their happiness up so that I can continue to get more settlers...so for now I'm in the basket-making industry.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: February 24, 2017, 02:15:33 pm »

Does anyone have a domain near https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00444W29645N ?  I'm starting to clear out the small domains near me, and I don't want to accidentally attack anyone from this forum.

I'm in Hoodland, not far south of you.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Lichis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 24, 2017, 08:37:27 pm »

I'm in Hoodland, not far south of you.

I'm also kinda close, about halfway between you and Nydus. I don't think I will become a target but, just in case, my domain is "El Muro" 00991W29995N.

In other news, by randomly clicking on nearby forest tiles I just found a copper and diamond deposit around two expansions north from my domain, northwest from that excellent sandstone mountain that I already claimed half of. The deposits are 2 stars only, are they a good find? can I make something worthwhile out of them? I have been selling wood for the living and it seems like I can get rich by deforesting my domain and they are 0% quality wood lol.

So the new continent is taking too long, hopefully I wont get too attached to my current domain so I can move. :P

Rueprect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: February 25, 2017, 02:16:54 pm »

Oh, its nice to see some bay12ers in the far north!  I shouldn't have been worried, you guys aren't close enough or small enough for me to target you.  I've mostly been cleaning out the ones around my second domain here: https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00679W29625N

Edit:  Also lichis, I find that the prices on quality metal like iron and copper are so cheap on tetra that it's not worth dedicating units to making your own.  Also, I highly recommend going into the leather industry if you have any trees that you can get tannin from. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 02:21:50 pm by Rueprect »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: February 25, 2017, 03:50:33 pm »

The deposits are 2 stars only, are they a good find? can I make something worthwhile out of them?

2 stars is plenty. When extracting raw resources, the quality of your worker and his equipment tends to be a much stronger influence than the quality of the land itself.

That being said, don't expect to get super rich on metal or gems alone. You can pull a steady income from those veins but the big profits come from processed goods.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: February 27, 2017, 11:58:38 am »

I see a lot of people have multiple domains and multiple characters with multiple domains. Yet they are hardly very active with their primary domains. I got into a situation where I can't expand due to a somewhat inactive secondary domain close to my borders, while other domains are slowly creeping closer. And this passive domain is backed by a kingdom and strong local forces. I mean, you could just pop domains outside competitors, as long as you can back them up with strength.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: February 27, 2017, 12:00:10 pm »

Just got into this game earlier this week. I think I'm doing okay but I also don't really know what I'm doing.  Is there some kind of starting guide that I can use as a checklist and/or any wiki better than the in-game one?

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: February 27, 2017, 01:06:41 pm »

I would recommend you to dismantle inactive domains close by, so that you can get an influx of a lot of money early on. Then proceed to found a lordship (wooden castle + the required "crown"). Find a resource that potentially can generate you the most money and exploit it as much as possible. If you secure clay or stone you will also have most building materials you need.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: February 27, 2017, 01:10:20 pm »

The best starting guide is reading this whole thread.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 27, 2017, 01:17:28 pm »

Or joining one of the discords.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 27, 2017, 01:27:35 pm »

I would recommend you to dismantle inactive domains close by, so that you can get an influx of a lot of money early on.
I assume I send my lord in somewhere and it's an action performed in the area?
Then proceed to found a lordship (wooden castle + the required "crown").
My castle is under construction. How do I make a crown?
Find a resource that potentially can generate you the most money and exploit it as much as possible. If you secure clay or stone you will also have most building materials you need.
I have granite,  but I can't see how to build a mine - I built a road up to the granite, but it seems that I can't continue onto the granite itself due to inadequate skills. On which note, how do I reliably increase skills and levels and stuff?

Also, I tried to become a village, but the agricultural area prerequisite isn't getting checked off even though I built a barn and tilled a field and tossed some barley into it. I'm guessing this is because it's winter and I need the barley to actually grow to count? Or is it a quantity thing, and I can brute force it by throwing enough grain into the snow? Though it may not matter - can you hold multiple titles for the same domain anyway, or is it only the highest ranked?

The best starting guide is reading this whole thread.
I was hoping for something more concise. I may actually do that, but I won't be doing it at this instant.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 27, 2017, 01:50:16 pm »

By inactive domains people mean domains who's lord is dead and they are not a part of any realm. Once you find such domain you need to travel to its main square and take over it. Then you dismantle it and launder the money.

Unless you have gems and precious metals in your domain, you should just buy a coronet. Buy a cheap one, I don't think quality is important here.

You have to build a mine on a granite tile with a road on a tile next to it.

You can't hold multiple titles nobility/commonality -wise.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:53:29 pm by wereboar »

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 27, 2017, 02:13:34 pm »

I painstakingly "transferred" the resources so I could keep or sell them from my main domain through adding them quickly for the lowest market price. It may save you a couple of thousand coins, which could be important in the beginning. But this only holds for goods with enough of a spread, due to the tax (and effort) required. Rope is especially nice to acquire from starter domains.

Use an architect (school) or a surveyor to build roads on rock, if you need to.

The reddit excel sheet is really handy for finding suitable candidates.

Btw. Do you people always find the best skill fits and wait for the right settlers, or do you ignore that thinking that tools and so on will compensate? What do you do with "worthless" settlers? For me this is a nightmare optimization problem. It could make sense to automate through excel (or proceeding to matlab), but considering the influx of new people it would soon turn suboptimal anyway.

+ What's your (or the) fastest wall build time?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:17:47 pm by Radsoc »

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 161