Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189477 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1740 on: February 11, 2017, 07:58:51 pm »

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 12, 2017, 08:31:01 am »

A Prince named Henry de Hans of the Kingdom of Tepesia is requesting that I become a vassal to him. While this guy is relatively close by, the Tepesia is quite far away.

I'm vassal of Tepesia. I can say that it's a good kingdom to be part of. Anyway by the laws of the kingdom he can't force you to become a vassal if you don't want to. If you got any problem with him send a message to Tepes.

I've been checking up on de Hans, and I'm seeing that he's vassalized a lot of domains between me and him. The main exceptions near me are Pandoria, which seems to be doing it's own thing, and Samsara, who is part of the Kingdom of Edelstadt through vassalage to another player(both are far away from Samsara, though).

...I had kinda hoped to set up my own nation here, but that doesn't seem like it will happen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 12, 2017, 09:31:31 am »

If you want you can join Edelstadt for now and then leave later on once he loses interest. Edelstadt has an open leaving and entering policy, so you can leave whenever you want.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 12, 2017, 01:08:19 pm »

...I had kinda hoped to set up my own nation here, but that doesn't seem like it will happen.

That's an extremely tall order. You need quite a bit of resources AND vassals to do so. I would join a nation. Edelstadt is heavy Bay12 and like Cheedows said, you can peace out when the political landscape around you changes.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 12, 2017, 04:29:46 pm »

Rather annoyed at one of my neighbors - yesterday, they sent an expansion request. I accepted it. I then happened to notice that my domain had an available expansion too, which just happened to require the okay of the guy whose request I accepted.

So I sent my lord over to the plot of land, and put out the expansion request. Nothing. I check over - oh, okay, it looks like they logged off shortly after expanding. That's fine. However, throughout today I've continued requesting expansion from this guy, and been summarily ignored. I even sent a message saying "hey, I approved your expansion, how about doing the same, eh?" No answer.

Dude's online right now. Has been for the past hour or so. No reply, no acceptance of my expand request.

I'd consider seeing if a halberdier could get him to open up; but he's under Hispania's umbrella, and the last thing I need is setting off a war because some jerk isn't willing to play ball.

I can tell you this much, however, next time he needs my acceptance to expand, he's going to be a sad, sad little lordling.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 12, 2017, 04:33:12 pm »

That's an extremely tall order. You need quite a bit of resources AND vassals to do so. I would join a nation. Edelstadt is heavy Bay12 and like Cheedows said, you can peace out when the political landscape around you changes.

They are adding in a new continent in the near future, you should have your chance then.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 12, 2017, 06:09:17 pm »

@AlSatar, message Goldenheart. He's Mr. Diplomacy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 12, 2017, 06:23:23 pm »

I wouldn't get too angry about the lack of a reply, it takes me a while to reply to a messagedue to crippling social anxiety, to the point one guy actually died while I was considering a reply. ...I still haven't responded to de Hans.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 12, 2017, 08:11:08 pm »

@AlSatar, message Goldenheart. He's Mr. Diplomacy.

This strikes me as too small of an issue to contact Prince Goldenheart with. Maybe contact the Lord just above the neighbor.

I have a small, unaffiliated French neighbor whose borders I finally ran into after six weeks of playing. I messaged her nicely and asked that she approve my request. She said she would but didn't approve/wasn't online much for the next couple days. Then I get a notification that I need to approve her expansion, which I do instantly, and then queue up my own request (which I guess expired before she logged in?).

(I would be expanding into a diamond deposit that we would share. Her expansion into me might've vaguely been an attempt to secure the whole deposit but I knew based on where she stood that it wouldn't get there.)

I was already a little frustrated that my request wasn't approved so after ten minutes of not getting an approval I message both the heir I'm dealing with and the main character saying I'm going to be most displeased if they log off again without approving my request.

About eight days go by and I never see the player online, the heir is still out in the field where she expanded to, and my expansion is completely stunted. I'm very close to just slaughtering the heir, inform my ally that I'm going to do so, etc. I finally get a message from her saying, "I'm sorry, I was AFK a few days. I will approve the request." So, I continue spamming my request. It still doesn't get approved. To some extent our schedules may not have lined up but the bottom line is she knew I was spamming requests and she never once logged in for 30 seconds to approve it.

After ten days of being blocked I send a terse letter pointing out the facts of the situation (10 days, more than 20 requests made) and saying that this is my last message. "Approve my expansion or face the consequences."

Day or so later my request is approved. A couple days later I have to expand into her again and that gets approved quickly.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:35:24 pm by Datgum »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 12, 2017, 08:21:10 pm »

I've got 6 brickmakers who have been sharing a single three-kiln tilery for a while now, 3 making bricks and 3 making tiles. I decided it was finally time to change things, so I started constructing two new tileries. They've been under construction for about a week now, and every single time I log in several of my brickmakers are idling in the under-construction tileries. Today I found all 6 of them slacking off, while my one available tilery was completely empty. >_<

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 12, 2017, 09:00:54 pm »

Yeah. For some reason, you cannot turn off automatic movement of units if there's something their specialization allows for auto-production is enabled globally, even if you disable all the unit-specific auto-production options or they don't have the materials to do their job.

Really annoying as they'll also sometimes prioritize movement over production as well(most well-known with woodcutters).

I see this with my leatherworker and bowmaker, the former going between the leather shop and archery shop(because quivers), the latter going between the archery shop and armorer's shop(because arrows).

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 13, 2017, 12:12:13 am »

Yeah. For some reason, you cannot turn off automatic movement of units if there's something their specialization allows for auto-production is enabled globally, even if you disable all the unit-specific auto-production options or they don't have the materials to do their job.
I'm having trouble understanding this sentence (probably because I'm stoned on caffeine).

I have brickmakers who keep moving between tileries without making bricks, even though I have plenty of components in stock to make bricks.  I'm wondering if what you said has something to do with that.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 13, 2017, 01:06:50 am »

brickmakers shouldn't move between tileries unless you are out of one of the resources required.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 13, 2017, 01:14:31 am »

Yet they do in my domain.  They will not produce unless I manually tell them to.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 13, 2017, 02:28:31 am »

Yet they do in my domain.  They will not produce unless I manually tell them to.

Is it possibly those specific tileries? Perhaps you have them set to produce with specific materials? Have you switched between coal and wood at some point?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 161