Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189570 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1620 on: January 29, 2017, 02:34:28 pm »

Yeah. I've been using marble for my walls. I should have access to slate pretty soon. Not sure if I want to switch over though. I heard slate is better but I'd only have like four slate quarries compared to like nine marble.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: January 29, 2017, 02:41:02 pm »

It really bothers me that all these stones that are known for being on the softer side can be used in walls 0_0

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: January 29, 2017, 03:53:13 pm »

Isn't that realistic though? I don't think many wall builders in history went out of their way to import the ideal stone for building them instead of just using whatever rocks they had available.

It bothers me more that there is only one wall level available.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:58:47 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: January 29, 2017, 07:58:02 pm »

Would stonemasons or brick layers be a better choice if I wasn't using bricks for my walls?

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: January 29, 2017, 08:24:15 pm »

Would stonemasons or brick layers be a better choice if I wasn't using bricks for my walls?

You'll want mostly bricklayers either way. Even when building things out of stone it still uses masonry skill, which the bricklayers are much better at. Stonemasons have stone cutting which is just added to the requirements when using stone.

I don't think you want bricks for walls. Bricks are suppose to be for cheap buildings. Walls need to withstand catapults. Higher quality is better.

The quality between brick and granite walls is not worth the 5x build time to be honest. You can build a brick wall at a decent quality (50-60%) with a few lvl 3 workers. You can do that in 1-2 days. A granite wall on the other hand will be 60-70% quality and take 5-10 days (or longer!).

If you decided you wanted the granite HQ walls you have to build EVERY wall out of it, because a defensive wall is only as strong as the weakest section. (Good reason to actually use granite and buff the towers as much as you can, as they have lower base HP) This will quickly lead to taking months to finish your wall instead of weeks.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: January 30, 2017, 08:28:56 am »

It seems that setting the minimum quality in the buy orders is no longer buying at that quality when constructing/manufacturing things. Not sure if it even did before.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: January 30, 2017, 10:57:21 am »

Setting buy order as low as npc price never gave the resources to you. I tried.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: January 30, 2017, 02:39:11 pm »

Let it be known, 5 limestone quarries is not enough for walls when you also build other stuff and your walls get built in 1.5 days.

Bricklayers.
Bricklayers got 5x Masonry and 1x Stonecutting
Stonemason got 1x Masonry and 5x Stonecutting

Masonry increases quality and decreases time of masonry related construction jobs.
Stonecutting just decreases time of masonry related construction jobs.
Early levels, Bricklayers have equal if not better Stonecutting skill then Stonemasons, because of equipment.
Stonecutting may actually have a decent effect when the character is very high level, but that is ages away.  Not worth it now.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: January 30, 2017, 04:01:10 pm »

Also, is there a level cap? Seems like most of my units are around lvl 4 now.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: January 30, 2017, 04:43:45 pm »

Level 8, I think. At least, that's the highest I've seen on people who have medals for highest leveled units.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: January 30, 2017, 04:50:31 pm »

The help file lists level 20 as part of guide for skill bonuses.  The admin level 101.  My guess the max is 100.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: January 30, 2017, 05:08:27 pm »

The help file lists level 20 as part of guide for skill bonuses.  The admin level 101.  My guess the max is 100.

This I think, level requirements just go up exponentially which is why everyone is so low level.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: January 30, 2017, 05:22:18 pm »

Ouch. So I nearly had my lord killed by my own guards. Apparently, if you have a really low level settler and military units. Move him far the fuck away from them before you have your lord attack him.

Oddly enough, I can't use my coutiliers and pikemen to kill my bad settlers. Just my lord.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: January 30, 2017, 05:26:05 pm »

Its cause the soldiers are from the same domain as the settler most likely. 
And yes, military will counterattack for settlers, even if it is their own lord or an 'allied' unit attacking the settler.

For example, this lordling got killed by their own archers....
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/02751W22923N
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: January 30, 2017, 05:52:52 pm »

I don't think kills happen on counterattacks, but I honestly don't know the details of how combat works.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 161