Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189572 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1605 on: January 28, 2017, 05:01:02 pm »

you can found a new domain, but you will not get the newbie fast build bonus again.
Or you can take over an inactive domain.

I have a couple I would like to give to someone if you are interested, but it is an area in which it is still too cold to farm, if that is what you were looking for.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: January 28, 2017, 06:01:04 pm »

you can found a new domain, but you will not get the newbie fast build bonus again.
Or you can take over an inactive domain.

I have a couple I would like to give to someone if you are interested, but it is an area in which it is still too cold to farm, if that is what you were looking for.

Hmm no I just dont like where I settled much

I'll likely wait here and my new character I'll settle in a better spot
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 28, 2017, 08:43:26 pm »

I read that you can kill your settlers if you dont like their stats and get new ones... that possible and if so how is it done?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 28, 2017, 09:30:33 pm »

I read that you can kill your settlers if you dont like their stats and get new ones... that possible and if so how is it done?
It is - take a military unit (your Lord counts as such) and drag them over whatever you'd like to attack.

That said, unless the settler is truly atrocious, it's probably better to just train them into a carpenter, roofer, or bricklayer. Have them build huts/houses.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 29, 2017, 01:04:42 am »

It's like an endless list of things to do now lie in front of me.

Welcome to the rest of your life.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 29, 2017, 04:49:53 am »

Not sure if iron ore quality is important, but I'm liquidating one domain with 91% and another with 82% close to me, in case someone wants some place to settle. There are two active lordships in the area. One is Bartarra, and the other one is me.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 29, 2017, 07:54:23 am »

Not sure if iron ore quality is important,

Not really. I'm mining a 37% deposit, and getting 84% ore. This gets refined into 67% quality iron, possibly due to 52% quality charcoal(or 63% beech, it doesn't change it), or the fact that my refiner only has +17 to both fire and metallurgy, with the furnace providing +10 fire and +5 metallurgy.

Now that I think about it, should I retrain him as a metallurgist instead of a refiner? Both have the same starting value for fire(+3), the metallurgist gets +5 to metallurgy while refiner gets +1. The process for smelting iron has x70 fire and x10 metallurgy, implying that fire is the more important skill.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: January 29, 2017, 08:13:16 am »

Not sure if iron ore quality is important,

Not really. I'm mining a 37% deposit, and getting 84% ore. This gets refined into 67% quality iron, possibly due to 52% quality charcoal(or 63% beech, it doesn't change it), or the fact that my refiner only has +17 to both fire and metallurgy, with the furnace providing +10 fire and +5 metallurgy.

Now that I think about it, should I retrain him as a metallurgist instead of a refiner? Both have the same starting value for fire(+3), the metallurgist gets +5 to metallurgy while refiner gets +1. The process for smelting iron has x70 fire and x10 metallurgy, implying that fire is the more important skill.

There is a reddit for this game and the stickies post has a calculator for skills. You may want to use that.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 29, 2017, 09:16:40 am »

Holy shit. How the hell do people without stone quarries afford to make their own walls? Like seriously.

I kinda thought setting up half the mountain to be quarries might of been overkill but I'm kinda happy I did it now. I'll have enough marble to buil another section of wall about the same time my building group actually finishes one.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: January 29, 2017, 11:53:08 am »

Holy shit. How the hell do people without stone quarries afford to make their own walls? Like seriously.

I've got two limestone quarries running constantly, trying not to consume any(though I still have some need for it), and it will still be a day or two before I have enough for my first wall gate. Walls aren't much cheaper on stone than gates(900m³ vs 975m³ - the latter is about 2500 units of limestone), so I have no idea. At current Tetra market prices, that's tens of thousands of gold per section for stone alone for limestone(only basalt seems currently cheaper).

Check if they have a bunch of vassals and rake in the money from taxes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 29, 2017, 12:28:43 pm »

Keep in mind when you're gauging  stone price that it's by ton, while building tasks are usually in cubic meters. So granite for example is not only the most expensive per ton for high quality, but also requires much more for the same task. Bricks are sold in meters cubed, incidentally, which sort of hides their real cost (they're cheaper than they may appear at first glance in comparison with stone).

I personally like sandstone for buildings where quality sort of matters but isn't worth shelling out for (like walls and housing), since it's quite light and cheap.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 29, 2017, 12:43:29 pm »

Mine (well, a gate and a single section of wall, so far) were made out of boar meat sausages. Sadly, the market has become more competitive on both ends - I used to be able to buy hundreds of pounds 0% boar meat for pennies over the base price and sell the ~50% sausage for like 30 each - now I'm fighting to get buy orders filled at 9/unit, and the sausages only for around 20. Still profitable, but not the craziness that used to exist.

I'm trying to ramp up my brick production to be able to just build them myself, but even with three kilns running full-out, it's a slow process.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 29, 2017, 01:18:43 pm »

I have around 10 active limestone quarries. Enough for a wall each two days + housing development. It save a lot of money making your own construction materials but it takes a lot of manpower.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 29, 2017, 01:24:41 pm »

still, with an average price of 30 per brick, it costs 27000 gold per wall section.

@AlStar, 3 tileries are nowhere close to what you need. For a wall section per day, you need roughly 15 tileries ( depends on happiness)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 29, 2017, 02:27:14 pm »

I don't think you want bricks for walls. Bricks are suppose to be for cheap buildings. Walls need to withstand catapults. Higher quality is better.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 161