Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189585 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1590 on: January 25, 2017, 05:50:54 pm »

I just noticed that if you set the minimum quality on the buy/sell management page for a given resource, then when you buy that resource when constructing a building or manufacturing something, it will buy at that minimum quality or above. I had assumed it always bought at the minimum available, I didn't know it read the setting from the buy orders.

Ah so it's just random. I thought it might be tied to their profession like one of my guys needed paper to do his job but this is more like one of them bought paper from me so he could write a letter to be happy. Got it
Illiterate peasant writing a letter? Witchcraft! Heresy!

According to the help files, if nobody in the entire world is selling a given product, then units will never have a demand for it, even if you have it in stock locally.

On another note, I've been making quite a bit of money selling a few lutes so far. I wonder how long it'll take to crash that market.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 26, 2017, 07:55:51 am »

Hey - any of you Bay12'ers in a position to come to https://www.landsoflords.com/map/04299W18512N and subjugate Rebirth? Happiness is already down to 0%, but I apparently can't subjugate myself, and my heir isn't a lord, so neither can she.

The guy who subjugated Rebirth is a French jackass with a highly annoying 10% vassal tax. I'd very much like to break from him.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 26, 2017, 11:58:13 am »

Hey - any of you Bay12'ers in a position to come to https://www.landsoflords.com/map/04299W18512N and subjugate Rebirth? Happiness is already down to 0%, but I apparently can't subjugate myself, and my heir isn't a lord, so neither can she.

The guy who subjugated Rebirth is a French jackass with a highly annoying 10% vassal tax. I'd very much like to break from him.

I have troops 3 ish hours away I can send over. If that would help. But I doubt I'd be much help if Tamriel decided they really wanted to keep you?

edit: have you asked to be removed?

edit2: Best bet, roll up a new character - give one of Omega's domain's to new character. Give lordship of Collapse to Omega. Have Omega sub Rebirth.

That way if Uriel gets pissed that you removed his claim you have the backing of Mohandar potentially as she is a vassal under him in some domains?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:10:36 pm by Knave »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 26, 2017, 12:40:32 pm »

The guy who Collapse is vassal under (Zythaerland) has communicated on my behalf with Tamriel - he won't retaliate. But he has said (in as many words), that he fully plans to kill any of my characters if he ever sees them around his territory, and he's not willing to just let go of my town.

Like I said, the guy's a dick.

If one of you doesn't come around and do it before I get back from work, I'll try the shell game that Knave suggested. Seriously though, it should just be a matter of running your lord over to the square and subjecting it - I locked all the happy civilians in the silver mines.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:28:55 pm by AlStar »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 26, 2017, 01:47:53 pm »

I'll start walking my lord over, but you're at 1% right now. Hopefully that drops by the time I'm there!

I found the holdout: How dare he be happy!
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/04289W18503N
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:52:46 pm by Knave »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 26, 2017, 04:02:15 pm »

So there appear to be some domains near where I resettled that were abandoned right away after they were started. Any way I can exploit them?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 26, 2017, 04:02:38 pm »

So there appear to be some domains near where I resettled that were abandoned right away after they were started. Any way I can exploit them?

take them over and/or liquidate them.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 26, 2017, 04:20:48 pm »

What exactly would be a decent quality for walls?

I was going to shoot for high. Because that's the highest ql I could get without having to buy obscene amounts of marble. Thank fuck I have like nine quarries.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 26, 2017, 04:34:34 pm »

What exactly would be a decent quality for walls?

I was going to shoot for high. Because that's the highest ql I could get without having to buy obscene amounts of marble. Thank fuck I have like nine quarries.

The big players have walls that range from did 50s to 60s. I imagine that unless you plan on getting attacked a lot anything over 50% will be more than enough!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 26, 2017, 05:34:45 pm »

A blurb I saw on the forum said that a 50%-quality wall will take about 500 catapult hits to bring down. I don't know how fast a catapult can fire, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 26, 2017, 11:05:11 pm »

In case anyone was curious, I ended up being able to subjugate my own domain. It ended up requiring some - not but all - of the shell game that Knave suggested.

I freed one of Omega's domains, transferred it to AlStar, gave Omega the domain of Rebirth, got Rebirth back down to 0% happiness (damn peasants kept finding goods to buy themselves!), and was finally able to subjugate it under AlStar.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1601 on: January 27, 2017, 04:00:18 pm »

Welp that didn't last long. I don't think I'm cut out for this kind of game.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 28, 2017, 04:03:49 pm »

I got a school and things too off. I now have carpenters and roofers and a tin mine and am making ore. It's like an endless list of things to do now lie in front of me.

Welp that didn't last long. I don't think I'm cut out for this kind of game.
Something happen?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1603 on: January 28, 2017, 04:10:18 pm »

Got bored is all

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 28, 2017, 04:50:10 pm »

is it possible to move right after I start? I'm out of newbie mode but I don't really like where I'm at
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 161