Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189605 times)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1575 on: January 23, 2017, 10:00:17 pm »

Is there something wrong with the fuel amounts for brickyards or tileries? To make one batch of tiles or bricks, it requires 750kg of charcoal, which is about 750 denars if you are looking for decent quality, or 2 m3 of wood, which is only about 40 denars to make something of equal quality.. those numbers don't seem very right.. is it just that clear that wood is better than charcoal for this type of task?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:05:13 pm by Carcanken »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 23, 2017, 10:03:15 pm »

charcoal will give a higher bonus to the final product though.

EDIT: Just buy oak and make 10k charcoal.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 23, 2017, 10:06:23 pm »

The thing is 40 denars worth of wood produces the same quality good as the 750 denar charcoal does, which is where my confusion is. Is there some kind of time bonus for making it with charcoal?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 23, 2017, 10:42:44 pm »

Not sure.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 23, 2017, 11:13:19 pm »

The thing is 40 denars worth of wood produces the same quality good as the 750 denar charcoal does, which is where my confusion is. Is there some kind of time bonus for making it with charcoal?

Charcoal gives a much higher Fuel bonus compared to any wood.
However, fuel is a low-weighted material in most recipes, with bricks and other building materials being the exception. Depending upon what you're crafting, you may see little or no difference between charcoal and wood.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 24, 2017, 03:50:52 am »

Charcoal as fuel is only worth it if you're going for super high quality, eg. trying to be competitive for top prices on the market for a given product. I only use it for my tools (making 95% quality hammers). Rest is all wood for burning shit "sell-to-ai" metal, bricks, etc.

If anything, in most cases fuel is going to matter the least in the quality calculation - it's all about main material quality, production building quality and equpping excellent tools for the skill bonuses.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:54:11 am by Vibe »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 24, 2017, 08:46:18 am »

I usually just use charcoal out of convenience, probably not that efficient but my surplus wood tends to vary between a few different types and its a bit less of a pain to just have all my fuel users use charcoal and occasionally have my charcoal burners make me a new batch out of what wood I have spare.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 24, 2017, 09:28:24 am »

Thought I might let the thread know, we have formed a kingdom with players mostly from the Bay12 discord channel.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 24, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »

what i found is anything requiring more than 250kg of charcoal is better made with wood, unless you have really high Q of charcoal (eg, used straw to make it, which currently may not be worth it)
one of the advantages of wood is it allows for little quantity of fuel : lots of tools require 25Kg for example, which would require at least 1 wood
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:01:12 pm by Finndibaenn »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 24, 2017, 06:02:45 pm »

Just discovered that it's entirely possible to marry your heir.

At least, the option appears listing the resources required. I'm not spending money on an incest wedding, let alone my incest wedding.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 24, 2017, 06:07:20 pm »

Just discovered that it's entirely possible to marry your heir.

At least, the option appears listing the resources required. I'm not spending money on an incest wedding, let alone my incest wedding.
Well then. I know what my goal is now. Let's find out how many incestous unions I can have till my children get freaky!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1586 on: January 25, 2017, 11:18:47 am »

Can anyone tell me why I keep seeing sales of paper in my financial report when I do not have paper set to autosell? Do the citizens buy paper for something?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1587 on: January 25, 2017, 11:53:11 am »

What do they need it for?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 25, 2017, 11:58:52 am »

What do they need it for?

If you take a look at your units tab, if you click on an individual unit, you'll see a happy face tab. In there you'll see all the various goods your unit is spending their hard earned cash on. They'll always try to buy stock from within the realm first, even if you don't have it set to autosell, so sometimes you'll see some of your resources get sold. silver lining: at least you get some money back.

If they can't buy it locally they'll try to buy it from aboard at whatever absurd price other players have set it for. This sometimes leads to them spending their entire days wages on one item like a ham, or a lute and being unhappy the rest of the day when they can't afford anything else.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1589 on: January 25, 2017, 12:09:03 pm »

Ah so it's just random. I thought it might be tied to their profession like one of my guys needed paper to do his job but this is more like one of them bought paper from me so he could write a letter to be happy. Got it
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 161