Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189639 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1560 on: January 22, 2017, 10:20:59 am »

I return after a brief time off the game and first thing I see is that we're stabbing some people.
I am amused.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 22, 2017, 10:51:00 am »

Do mines and Quarries run low on shit eventually? I've started to notice that my lead mines are giving me less and less than they used to. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise really considering I've been pulling out close to two hundrish tons of lead a day.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 22, 2017, 12:08:40 pm »

Do mines and Quarries run low on shit eventually? I've started to notice that my lead mines are giving me less and less than they used to. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise really considering I've been pulling out close to two hundrish tons of lead a day.

The quality of the land does go down a bit each time you produce, and with lower quality comes lower quantities.

Our domains are basically sucking the life out of the land in ever expanding circles. In due course, we may find ourselves at war with our neighbors simply because our lands are no longer profitable and we have to steal other lands to survive. But ultimately, the entire game world is doomed. This may be the first MMO to actually have a winner, the last person alive.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 22, 2017, 01:15:18 pm »

is that lower quality driving the quantity down ?
or is the total quarry skill taken into account (meaning you can attenuate with higher skilled workers)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 22, 2017, 01:41:18 pm »

Seems to be going down. Right now my Lvl 5 Quarryman is pulling ~30-50 tons of limestone per run. A few weeks ago when I started him at the quarry he's at, he was pulling closer to 35-60 tons.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 22, 2017, 02:25:50 pm »

Seems to be going down. Right now my Lvl 5 Quarryman is pulling ~30-50 tons of limestone per run. A few weeks ago when I started him at the quarry he's at, he was pulling closer to 35-60 tons.

I wonder if tearing the quarry down and rebuilding it would reset it.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 22, 2017, 02:35:59 pm »

It wouldn't.

Also people, let's keep in mind your equipment quality and worker skill level are more important than deposit quality. Some of my quarrymen have close to 50% bonus to batch quality.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 22, 2017, 04:20:12 pm »

Does the terrain/resource quality ever recover if you wait it out?

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 22, 2017, 07:54:09 pm »

It wouldn't.

Also people, let's keep in mind your equipment quality and worker skill level are more important than deposit quality. Some of my quarrymen have close to 50% bonus to batch quality.

Here's an example : I have an iron deposit at 18% quality but my miners have a full set of equipment of at least 60% quality and both are lvl.4. At the end they extract iron ore at 70%. If I want I can still make better ore quality by buying high quality gear.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 22, 2017, 09:18:28 pm »

Wow. Made and sold a single lute for over $3k. Materials cost less than a thousand. The problem was that it was over 9 hours work, though. I'm producing 85% quality, even from meh quality materials off the market.

Tried getting a wall gate started... only to realize that I only have about a third of the stone needed. The cost of buying enough was over $14k. Time to get more quarrymen trained.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 23, 2017, 01:38:02 am »

Does the terrain/resource quality ever recover if you wait it out?

No. It's permanent. Like I said though. high level units w/ 4.5/5 star equipment will get you insane bonuses. It's not as a big a deal as it seems.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 23, 2017, 08:42:14 am »

Woo - I've got the silver medal in quality for... jugs! Fear my domains' mad jug-making skills!

(it's strange, really - you'd think I'd get the silver medal for plates and bowls too - I mean, I'm using the same crafter and inputs to make all three, but apparently not.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:01:01 pm by AlStar »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1572 on: January 23, 2017, 01:54:56 pm »

Woo - I've got the silver medal in quality for... jugs! Fear my domains' mad jug-making skills!

(it's strange, really - you'd think I'd get the silver metal for plates and bowls too - I mean, I'm using the same crafter and inputs to make all three, but apparently not.)
Maybe you're tied with someone else and it randoms on ties

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 23, 2017, 04:40:56 pm »

Okay so I well recreate after work today.. any specific idea as to where to settle this time?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 23, 2017, 06:39:46 pm »

Okay so I well recreate after work today.. any specific idea as to where to settle this time?

Up North in general is less crowded. There are several significant conglomerations of B12ers too. I still recommend the area between Arald and Pravus.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 161