Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189634 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1545 on: January 21, 2017, 05:25:22 pm »

Does anyone know a good ratio of woodcutters to wood?  I have three, but I feel like that may not be enough with the number of trees I have.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: January 21, 2017, 06:03:29 pm »

Does anyone know a good ratio of woodcutters to wood?  I have three, but I feel like that may not be enough with the number of trees I have.

Depending on how hands on you are with them, I think I saw a 1 for 50 number, but there is probably a more exact formula somewhere.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: January 21, 2017, 07:57:31 pm »

If they're fully auto, they need an hour to find a tree, an hour to start harvesting, an hour to work and an hour to rest before they start over again, so optimally 4 hours per tree per week. 168 hours per week divided by 4 is 42 trees per woodcutter. That does not account for stupid woodcutters moving to trees that have no wood...but it's a decent general metric.

How in the name of god does this have a 114 pages in a month.

It's a game about city-design, unit time/happiness management, crafting for optimal quality, exploiting markets to get rich, and negotiating with violent neighbors over land rights. It has a lot of appeal to the Dwarf Fortress audience.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: January 21, 2017, 08:52:01 pm »

Idk, the domain that is blocking my expansion is no longer appearing afk but certainly appearing to ignore me. Probably going to delete this account since I cant do much of anything now

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: January 21, 2017, 09:14:35 pm »

Idk, the domain that is blocking my expansion is no longer appearing afk but certainly appearing to ignore me. Probably going to delete this account since I cant do much of anything now

I suggest up near the Arald-Pravus area. There's a big stretch of fairly empty coastline. Good resources.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: January 21, 2017, 09:19:44 pm »

I suggest up near the Arald-Pravus area. There's a big stretch of fairly empty coastline. Good resources.

Is there a specific way to go about restarting?  or just delete account?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 21, 2017, 09:24:54 pm »

If you want that tutorial bonus you'll have to delete account. It's much faster that way anyways.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: January 21, 2017, 09:27:05 pm »

Right, thanks. I'll probably ask again in 2 days what would *specificly* be a good spot, since all I could tell is that Arald is on the other side of the continent from Pravus  ???

If you want that tutorial bonus you'll have to delete account. It's much faster that way anyways.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 21, 2017, 11:44:07 pm »

I do wish some of the calculations in this game were a little more clear - I've just sent 5 settlers to hunt boar, since it's nice and warm out (a toasty 4°C!) - they all are going to get ~26 pounds of boar, but the time to finish the task varies all the way from 3h42m to a staggering 23h13m!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1554 on: January 21, 2017, 11:49:21 pm »

It should be based upon their skill at hunting as well as any specific hunting bonuses for the terrain.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: January 22, 2017, 08:58:38 am »

So is it worth stacking bricklayers for wall building? Thinking of training some of my settlers into bricklayers just for the speed boost (and I have a lot of untrained settlers anyway..)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 22, 2017, 09:31:42 am »

From what I've heard, you need to demolish all your buildings, sell all your resources, and then you can have your lord remove the town and start a new one. The money you had from all the resources will be transferred over, at least partially. Correct me if I'm wrong as I've only read this on the website's forums.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 22, 2017, 09:41:21 am »

Half the money from the domain's cash reserves are transferred to the domain's owner upon liquidation - and yes, you must sell the resources beforehand as they're lost otherwise. You don't have to remove roads or the normal square(paved/market square maybe), just the other buildings.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: January 22, 2017, 09:52:19 am »

@Vibe it won't cut your build times by 2, but 2 bricklayers will still increase build speed (diminishing returns)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 22, 2017, 10:09:17 am »

Ah, so with 1,500 trees, I need 30 woodcutters to keep up.  Now the question is, what should I set their auto-behavior?  If say I only have 10 oaks, and they have oaks set as one of their automatic harvest points, do they know to skip oaks if there aren't any viable ones left, or do I need to make sure to tweak the behavior?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 161