Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189668 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1530 on: January 19, 2017, 04:24:31 pm »

The square serves several minor purposes...it marks the center of your domain, and allows you to build your first huts and roads. Upgrading to a paved square allows your entertainers to perform there, or alternatively convert it to a market square for a large inexpensive boost to expansion. I've also read that a market square speeds construction nearby, although there are some conflicting reports about that.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: January 19, 2017, 04:47:16 pm »

The square serves several minor purposes...it marks the center of your domain, and allows you to build your first huts and roads. Upgrading to a paved square allows your entertainers to perform there, or alternatively convert it to a market square for a large inexpensive boost to expansion. I've also read that a market square speeds construction nearby, although there are some conflicting reports about that.

can't you only have one market square?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 19, 2017, 04:57:22 pm »

Woah, I never knew quality could go over 100%. I found some ancient oaks in my lands with 114%, wonder how valuable that kind of quality might be o.o

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 19, 2017, 05:08:16 pm »

can't you only have one market square?

I've never tried building a second...but the help page says you can build more as long as they are 16 arpents apart. Some rumors say that only the first market gives the build-speed boost. Other rumors say that all the markets give the boost, and still other rumors say that none of them do. *shrug*.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 19, 2017, 05:13:45 pm »

I suspect that it isn't a speed boost per se, it's just that the square(unsure if it's first or any) is the start point for the distance to the construction site - the further away, the longer it takes, lowered by the carriage skill(boosted by carts/wagons). Presumably, the workers acquire the building materials from the square, and move them to the site.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 19, 2017, 05:48:43 pm »

I'd recommend having something like 3 carpenters, 2 roofers, and 4 or 5 bricklayers to start out with for construction

Why so many bricklayers? The majority of early expansion comes from huts, for which Roofer's have the best skillset, and carpenters second

They should be prioritized early, but if you train loads of carpenters and roofers for building huts, you'll probably end up regretting it. Relatively soon the time savings on huts will become completely irrelevant (only so many people will immigrate each day, and happiness will more quickly become the limiting factor) while masonry becomes a much larger proportion of the more important building tasks, particularly the advanced buildings where quality matters. Anybody can build a hut, and indeed for many specialized units it's just about the best way to level them up, so in that respect having dedicated hut squads can end up being a bit of a wasted opportunity.

I mean, even before you build a school and train the first carpenters and roofers, you would save a lot of time getting a quick brickyard first and training a couple bricklayers to help build that school. Those carpenters and roofers will then be very useful while building all those huts and subsequent early buildings, but later on there won't be many projects that large numbers of carpenters and roofers will help with, while additional bricklayers will pretty much always be useful.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: January 19, 2017, 09:15:47 pm »

Any one in the Tor Flunk area still interested in joining up into a realm now is the time.  The earlier you join in the higher up in the pyramid you go.  Starting to run out of room in the second rung already.

I'm bringing it up now because if people join in it will give us(me on our behalf) more negotiation power moving forward with other lords trying to form a nation as well.  I already have an offer, it's a pretty good one.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 20, 2017, 05:49:19 am »

Bumped up the wages last night. Sure, it cost me almost half my finances, but my domain's overall happiness went from ~30% to ~75%, also giving me a new settler overnight. This guy's going to be my first pikeman unit... once me armor stops making endless helmets and gets the hauberk and greaves made.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 20, 2017, 06:58:49 am »

I'm considering just default training all my new settlers into bricklayers.  Cause walls and I don't really want to bother with them anymore. 
Gearing em up in the best stuff is cheap anyways, at least for me.  Long wall projects also give tons of exp.  Sent a lvl one bricklayer to work mid-project(day 2 of 3 days) and he is nearly level 2.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 20, 2017, 08:02:08 am »

Barring that I have touched borders with the only domain near by, I have been quite happen with my location. About to have my third mid quality marble quarry up. I have access to a fuck ton of lead and I'm going to be opening up several mines of that. I also have access to some low quality tin and mid quality silver. Wood wise I only have access to Spruce and a few max quality fir trees that I've been harvesting.

Lead ore isn't exactly expensive, but I can sell enough of it with a few full time farmers that I can easily afford to buy what I can't make here.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 20, 2017, 07:41:50 pm »

How in the name of god does this have a 114 pages in a month.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 20, 2017, 07:51:32 pm »

How in the name of god does this have a 114 pages in a month.
It's fun!

In other news, my main domain now has a grand total of 1414 trees within its borders, and the auto-harvest list of my woodcutters now features 11 different types of wood.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 20, 2017, 08:01:40 pm »

Turns out that huge money injection was a great idea. 3 new settlers joined while I was at work, and overall happiness is still around 75%. Just gotta get them houses built.

In other news, my main domain now has a grand total of 1414 trees within its borders, and the auto-harvest list of my woodcutters now features 11 different types of wood.

Lucky bastard. All I've got are endless tracts of spruce. Which is useless for everything but lutes. And some holm oak. One or two larches scattered around.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized I have a lot of larch trees. And fir. However fir is worse than spruce except for cooperage. Larch on the other hand, has a +10 to charcoal burning - which I need, since buying wood for charcoal burning is also burning a hole through my moneybag. And larch is better for construction.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:15:52 pm by Akura »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 21, 2017, 08:46:49 am »

Hmm. Can you lose settlers if you lose the housing for em? I'm asking because I really don't like how I have my little town set up. I was thinking about demolishing most of it and rebuilding it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 21, 2017, 10:18:13 am »

Hmm. Can you lose settlers if you lose the housing for em? I'm asking because I really don't like how I have my little town set up. I was thinking about demolishing most of it and rebuilding it.
Peasants won't leave.  Should be no problem to demolish things to get it right.

EDIT: @Akura.  Faker Urist?  You can still make money.  Tree parts are still in demand, even if its shitty Spruce.  Cause people still build huts and absolutely atrocious housing.  There are a buncha garbage quality spruce in the northeast corner of your domain, you can clearcut that stuff and sell it all at average price.  That should give you the cash infusion you need to get into other stuff.  Also more huts to expand, for more trees and access to other things.
Get a few more woodcutters.  Your main economy for now is exporting wood.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:22:06 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 161