Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189702 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1455 on: January 15, 2017, 08:41:47 pm »

Oh, and to get permissions:  expand there, and which will cause a message to pop up for the other realm.  If the other realm gives permission, you'll expand.  You might have to message the other guy and ask nicely.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 15, 2017, 08:45:46 pm »

When expanding, you can't take territory if there is a different territory that is a lot closer to your square.  No doubt this is to discourage long, snaky domains that look ridiculous.

But I'm closer to the territory in question yet it requires permission?

edit: it says I need the permission but the progress bar is moving

edit2: Yep, requires other guys permission even though im waaay closer
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:56:31 pm by Android »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 15, 2017, 09:20:17 pm »

Yep, you can't take territory if there is another territory a lot closer, even if that closer territory would require permission from someone and the farther would not.  It's possible to prevent someone from expanding that way.

Your noble will give up trying to expand after a half hour or hour, I forget which.  Hopefully, the other guy will get on before then and give permission.  If not, you'll have to try again.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 15, 2017, 09:24:12 pm »

Also, if you kill the other domain's noble, you can expand on his border without requiring permission.  Good to know if the other domain is inactive.

Careful, though.  Alstar got in trouble that way.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 15, 2017, 09:39:38 pm »

Yeah, I'd only recommend that if it's an inactive. However, in either case, it does solve the expansion problems (other problems/benefits, such as the fact that you can see my portrait if you click on the order of civilian victims, I'll let you weigh on your own.)

Edit: As an interesting follow-up to the conclusion of all this trouble, it looks like Delasagne is completely dissembling their realm. If Google Translate is doing an okay job on their giant RP post, it's in protest of the fact that they were denied the justice of killing me. Seems like a bit of an overreaction, really.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:00:35 pm by AlStar »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 15, 2017, 10:13:54 pm »

Please, please, please be careful about who you kill--the French RP community it hardcore and often takes the killing of nearby or lords relevant to them very seriously. It's not hard to check. Please, we've had multiple incidents now, and it pretty much always ends with someone dismantling their realm. Tread carefully.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 15, 2017, 10:38:07 pm »

Try to talk to them first.  There is in-game mail.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 16, 2017, 07:17:10 am »

There is a patch of plains where sections of clayey soil and meadow meet and my eyes gazed around that area a bit too long and I noticed a face in it and now I can't stop seeing it... hey construction team build....something... there...pronto.

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 16, 2017, 07:20:01 am »

Wow. That legit looks like a DF face.

Why can't I train quarrymen? I have the damn quarry. I can't train em at the school either.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:35:45 am by Xardalas »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 16, 2017, 08:02:07 am »

Why can't I train quarrymen? I have the damn quarry. I can't train em at the school either.
It means that the unit(s) that you're trying to train have crap St and/or Co. If they've got under 10 in either (or less than 20 total - not 100% sure how it's calculated,) you can't train them in that profession.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 16, 2017, 11:16:44 am »

Yeah, kind of bored of this game now. Sorry folks, but that's usually what happens to me and games that have crap happen when you're not logged on following me not logging on for a few days in the middle of something important. Oh well.

Whats happened? Your place is still there untouched and independent, your character is still sitting in the castle you left him.
I guess the info is on discord, but arghh, that thing is annoying as hell. Every time I log on, blah blah, new location, please verify via email. Have these people never heard of dynamic IP's.

It means that the unit(s) that you're trying to train have crap St and/or Co. If they've got under 10 in either (or less than 20 total - not 100% sure how it's calculated,) you can't train them in that profession.

I believe its the average of the required stats has to be above 10. Since the starting skill is average of the stats -10. I have a few pikemen ST/CO, with high str but con below 10. Once guy is ST18 but only CO6.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #1466 on: January 16, 2017, 01:44:21 pm »

I keep being told that I'm too close to another domain..?
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 16, 2017, 01:49:47 pm »

I keep being told that I'm too close to another domain..?

When attempting to found a new one?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 16, 2017, 02:27:04 pm »

As I said, just kind of got bored with it.
The way you said it, it sounded like you had "crap happen when you're not logged on." I was actually rather curious myself. Ah well, simple boredom will do just as well, although it doesn't make nearly as interesting a story.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 16, 2017, 06:20:14 pm »

Would any of you be willing to share some good "money-makers"?

I know how profitable vegetable gardens can be... but given my location that's not going to be possible.
Right now I have 2 toolmakers and an armorer working on automatic producing a few goods, but it doesn't seem to be enough to handle the gigantic demands my people have for happiness, apparently. I have 35 units now and my average happiness is 18%, and the downtime after actions is getting to be annoying. I have high quality houses but that doesn't seem to be making enough of an impact.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 161