Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189888 times)

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1275 on: January 10, 2017, 12:17:40 pm »

Admin just replied that the backlog of actions is being pushed through now. Might be a bit longer before every villager is attended to!

Important Lords first, clearly!  :P

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 10, 2017, 03:30:20 pm »

I'm starting to regret settling here and I'd like to restart in some location with a resource other than wood and stone.

While restarting may be a good idea(I haven't looked at your location) it's probably worth learning how expansion works first, if you haven't done so already. You can quickly grow your claim to include other nearby resources.
You can also spawn heirs fairly quickly, and send them off to found their own villages.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1277 on: January 10, 2017, 04:01:34 pm »

I'm starting to regret settling here and I'd like to restart in some location with a resource other than wood and stone.

While restarting may be a good idea(I haven't looked at your location) it's probably worth learning how expansion works first, if you haven't done so already. You can quickly grow your claim to include other nearby resources.
You can also spawn heirs fairly quickly, and send them off to found their own villages.
Unfortunately expanding in that area would have just claimed more wood and stone, I didn't see any other useful resources nearby and I'd rather restart now when I don't have much time invested. Already did in fact. :)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 10, 2017, 04:03:10 pm »

I just started building my first 3-kiln tilery. Ugh...3 days with 3 workers. Any more workers will lower the quality. That's a lot of downtime for my other brickmakers. I'm going to have such a backlog of clay...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 10, 2017, 04:11:38 pm »

If you zoom into a single tile you can copy and paste the link for others to look at. We could tell you if there is good stuff around your spot.

Speaking of which, I could have sworn I saw gold in my area before, but can't now. Anyone else see it? https://www.landsoflords.com/map/05255W22523N

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 10, 2017, 04:13:12 pm »

I'm doing perfectly fine with my only local resources being stone, wood and a river.  My seed money was provided by junipers so I could buy iron (stupid cheap) to make my own tools.  From there I buy clay to make my own bricks, going to start buying bronze to make plate soon.  I'm completely self sufficient for tools and armor while importing raw materiel.

To give you and idea a set of 10 tools will take 9D-20D in raw materiel but you'll turn around and sell them for 300D.  10D of clay turns into 300D-500D of bricks. 

I just got tired of repeating my self on how you don't need to be self-sufficient in this game, and in fact can hurt you early game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1281 on: January 10, 2017, 04:17:02 pm »

I'm aware that I don't NEED to be self sufficient, just like I don't NEED to have iron and flux stone on my map in Dwarf Fortress because I can just import that shit.

But it is more FUN for me to do so, and in the end I am playing this for my own enjoyment.

Trixu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 10, 2017, 04:30:04 pm »

Is it still worth to start playing this game? I mean can I still find good place to build village?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 10, 2017, 04:32:14 pm »

Is it still worth to start playing this game? I mean can I still find good place to build village?

Yes the map is huge. Plenty of fun places to settle.

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #1284 on: January 10, 2017, 04:34:08 pm »

Anyone know how you automate lantern production at a glass factory? My glassmaker only has automation options for glass, bottles and magnifying glasses.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 10, 2017, 04:37:22 pm »

Yes the map is huge. Plenty of fun places to settle.

The North is especially unsettled, I know Poleland is looking to start a bay12er realm up there. Try and look around where is in game (Search Greater Poleland).
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 10, 2017, 05:15:09 pm »

If my understanding is correct, there's no reason to build a higher quality Charcoal Furnace or Clay Pit as they do not provide any skill bonuses?

actually there is a reason, higher quality furnace will reduce the happyness penalty, thus leading to improved recovery times when using automation

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 10, 2017, 05:25:26 pm »

I'm aware that I don't NEED to be self sufficient, just like I don't NEED to have iron and flux stone on my map in Dwarf Fortress because I can just import that shit.

But it is more FUN for me to do so, and in the end I am playing this for my own enjoyment.

Same. Self Sufficiency! Wooo!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 10, 2017, 05:49:50 pm »

regarding stats, the help description doesn't really seem to match reality though.
I i take one of my units as an example, a shepherd, with no tools https://www.landsoflords.com/mgmt/Beltaneland/unit:141348:skills.

He should have base bonus of 5 (WI 17 CO 14), and is lvl 3.
Help says herding is +5/lvl, and according to your interpretation of https://www.landsoflords.com/help/unit/experience , i'd expect +9 from lvl , which would give +14.
But my guy has +16

Don't really know how it's finally computed

checked again, tonight, in a sheepfold giving +3 herding on a limey plateau, he's at +19 herding.
also another question/issue i have with skills is that some buildings have *600  requirements. If craftment are basically limited to < 100 it basically means all those projects will be shitty quality !
Example, walls need x600 masonry : https://www.landsoflords.com/help/bld/fort:vwall

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 10, 2017, 05:57:21 pm »

I don't believe that's the skill needed, but time. Or possibly a weight of how much the skill effects built time/quality.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 161