Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189909 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1230 on: January 09, 2017, 07:47:54 pm »

I haven't killed any of my own units yet, but I think I might make an exception there.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 09, 2017, 08:07:29 pm »

I got someone with all stats above 10... what should I do with them?  Currently I think they are a quarryman.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 09, 2017, 08:30:35 pm »

stats are a nice boost for the first few levels I guess.
Best case, all stats are 18, so you get +8 to all skills.
It's not that significant for skills that get +5 per level ,  but much more for slower ones

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 09, 2017, 08:38:33 pm »

It's not 5 per level, it increments slower than that (there's a table in the help pages showing it).

Personally I wish attributes weren't in the game, it adds a ton of needless bother and micro in deciding who goes where (unless you have the good sense to ignore it). It doesn't even make any sense, since each unit is 10 dudes.

But I would only worry about it for positions where quality is very important, particularly if it's something that is difficult to increase through other means. Charcoal burning for example has very few ways to increase quality (which strangely means that sometimes the best units should do shitty jobs like charcoal burning). Also, don't go by the attributes listed on the unit page, those are only the requirements for the unit. What matters is the individual skill's relevant attributes, which are often different.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 09, 2017, 08:45:19 pm »

Lol, you guys dont want stats, you want more automation--why? WHY??? The micro is what makes the game fun. Building something great--piece by piece. You just want to be able to sit back and do nothing?????
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 09, 2017, 09:15:29 pm »

Hell, even charcoal quality as far as I can tell doesn't matter. It makes such little difference in the end.

Most products that I've looked at get 1-15% of their quality from fuel, so charcoal quality would not matter much. Construction materials however, including Lime, Bricks, Glassware, and Tiles, all get a great majority of their quality from fuel, making charcoal quality very important. There should certainly be a market for both high and low quality charcoal.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 09, 2017, 09:49:21 pm »

Lol, you guys dont want stats, you want more automation--why? WHY??? The micro is what makes the game fun. Building something great--piece by piece. You just want to be able to sit back and do nothing?????

For me it's a love-hate relationship. The niggling little bits of minor anxiousness at not doing things optimally (or not fully understanding how it all works) makes me at least outwardly hate the micro, but damn do I enjoy it. The unit attributes seem to have a greater proportion of corrosive anxiety to actual satisfaction, if that makes sense.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 09, 2017, 10:29:45 pm »

I think the unit stats help you develop a closer relationship with your units. Like my poor boy Ellis was one of my original settlers and had crap stats, and after three weeks of being a reliable road builder he's specializing into being a miller today while being halfway to level 5. My boy Cantrell has great stats for a knight (18 str, 16 wis, 14 cha) so I'm making sure he gets a lot of XP while in settler status, since he'll be my first knight.

I know Bond had across the board great stats and that's why I made him a hunter.

Patel isn't the name you'd expect for your charcoal worker, but his stats fit.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:47:49 pm by Datgum »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1238 on: January 09, 2017, 10:32:10 pm »

I like how most people voted "Northern Tetra" and yet there is barely anyone up here.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #1239 on: January 10, 2017, 02:22:07 am »

Yeah, I subjugated a couple of inactives close to my domain when I first got my lordship -- mostly to test the vassal mechanics before I got real vassals. I discovered that you don't have to ask permission to border expand next to vassals so it was partly worth it I guess.
Also discovered that you can't quickly get rid of inactive vassal domains since the subjugated lord needs to request sovereignty, ain't happening if the lord in question is inactive. You have to kill the lord/lady off and wait seven days with the dead domain as your vassal. I've still got three of them which is rather embarrassing.

Can't think of any reason why you'd randomly subjugate distant inactives though.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:24:30 am by mikefictiti0us »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 10, 2017, 02:25:03 am »

Yeah, I subjugated a couple of inactives close to my domain when I first got my lordship -- mostly to test the vassal mechanics before I got real vassals. I discovered that you don't have to ask permission to border expand next to vassals so it was partly worth it I guess.
Not true.  It's if the domain has no lord, period.  I have to wait for my active vassals to expand.  Seeing as all my neighbors are vassals to me, I have plenty of experience.

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #1241 on: January 10, 2017, 02:29:17 am »

Ah, that makes sense. The one fellow I expanded next to WAS dead when I did it. Bah.

Thanks for clearing that up though.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: January 10, 2017, 02:32:40 am »

regarding stats, the help description doesn't really seem to match reality though.
I i take one of my units as an example, a shepherd, with no tools https://www.landsoflords.com/mgmt/Beltaneland/unit:141348:skills.

He should have base bonus of 5 (WI 17 CO 14), and is lvl 3.
Help says herding is +5/lvl, and according to your interpretation of https://www.landsoflords.com/help/unit/experience , i'd expect +9 from lvl , which would give +14.
But my guy has +16

Don't really know how it's finally computed

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 10, 2017, 02:46:25 am »

Was he standing on shrubland or a sheepfold?

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 10, 2017, 04:08:27 am »

I don't want to automate everything, I love that in this game you can build tile by tile, but have you ever taken a look at one of the larger cities? I can imagine it becomes quite a nightmare to manage so many units.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 161