Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189884 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1170 on: January 07, 2017, 05:48:27 pm »

Interesting new town titles. All I need for a village claim is a farm field... which I haven't built because of the gorram winter. Apparently my henhouse doesn't count as agriculture. Although a certain "henhouse" some might have counts as the entertainment requirement for a town.

I assume I can hold both master of domain/lordship as well as Burgomaster/Mayor/Lord Mayor? Or does the town title cancel out being Lord?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 07, 2017, 07:27:42 pm »

It's one or the other, per domain - for instance, I'm the Lord of Collapse and Burgomaster of Rebirth.

(Edit: Huh, interesting - apparently I'm one of only 12 towns in the entire world... for now, at least.)

Edit^2: I need the approval of my neighbor to expand my domain?! Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen...

Edit^3: He has been... taken care of. We have expanded. I feel a little bad, but not really.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:33:29 pm by AlStar »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 07, 2017, 11:41:12 pm »

Don't feel that bad, I've removed many ...obstructions over the past few days.  Got a few more to hit soon, unless someone else beets me to it.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 08, 2017, 12:42:00 am »

I apparently got a bronze medal for lead ore production, by buying 10 units of 100% lead ore at floor price and letting it take up space for a week.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 08, 2017, 01:15:59 am »

Well, it seems I have pissed some powerful people off. I used my lord to attack a random noble and then got attacked by a neighboring lord. After making my retreat, he token-moves to my heir's domain and kills her off. So in response I used my soldiers to go around and kill several of his nobles including his main lord.

Now he seems to have some powerful friends as 8 halbierders  from 2 far away foreign powers are being sent. I don't have the military to fight this off, even with the 15 or so hours until they arrive. Anyone want to consider sending help?

https://www.landsoflords.com/map/04541W28310N: This is the coordinates of the neighboring lord who attacked me and where the halbierdiers are going to.

https://www.landsoflords.com/map/04557W28390N: These are my coordinates
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 08, 2017, 02:46:30 am »

Well, it seems I have pissed some powerful people off. I used my lord to attack a random noble and then got attacked by a neighboring lord. After making my retreat, he token-moves to my heir's domain and kills her off. So in response I used my soldiers to go around and kill several of his nobles including his main lord.

Now he seems to have some powerful friends as 8 halbierders  from 2 far away foreign powers are being sent. I don't have the military to fight this off, even with the 15 or so hours until they arrive. Anyone want to consider sending help?

https://www.landsoflords.com/map/04541W28310N: This is the coordinates of the neighboring lord who attacked me and where the halbierdiers are going to.

https://www.landsoflords.com/map/04557W28390N: These are my coordinates
I'm not judging, here.  I think that was a cool story.

However... don't you kind of deserve what you get?  I'm willing to help bay12 folks who get picked on, but not if you are the one causing trouble.

Not that it matters, since I'm real far from you and not strong enough to fight 8 halberdiers, yet.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 08, 2017, 03:35:57 am »

How to found a second domain? My heir spawned yesterday, I moved to a desirable position for a new land, but I don't see a button to found a new settlement.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 08, 2017, 04:06:41 am »

It'll be under the double shield icon/tab.

If it's not there, with the tile you're trying to start a domain on selected, look up the help file for "new domain" - it'll tell you there if there's a requirement you don't meet.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 08, 2017, 12:07:53 pm »

quick question: i am located by 2 inactive domains. is it wise/advisable/even possible to somehow annex those lands to my own domain or to take over that domain somehow? if so, can someone please instruct me how? keep in mind that i just started and dont have much except setters.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 08, 2017, 12:32:09 pm »

quick question: i am located by 2 inactive domains. is it wise/advisable/even possible to somehow annex those lands to my own domain or to take over that domain somehow? if so, can someone please instruct me how? keep in mind that i just started and dont have much except setters.

The moment the lord of a domain dies the domain enters a 7 day lockdown. During that time only the formal heirs of that lord can claim it for themselves (which are usually that players alts, though if your character is married to another players character then he/she is also a heir).
After those 7 days everyone can claim that domain.

If those inactive players near you have been dead for 7 days move your character to their square/marketplace and hit the claim button under the lord-command tab (the 2 shields). It takes 10 to 30 minutes (depending on your ceremony (and I think management) skill).

If those inactives are not dead yet you'll have to murder them yourself, to do that move some of your units to the same area as the lord of the domain, then drag and hold them over the lord until a little sword appears in the units picture.
Lords are kinda tough, make sure you have enough units, or at least a well equipped soldier.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 08, 2017, 01:01:02 pm »

Made a domain expansion to encompass a vast swath of spruce, which will be managed and cared for instead of chopped down. Partly because I could not possibly store that much wood. Seriously, wood and limestone are taking up much of my storage capacity.

Noticed that farmers can equip either hoes or pickaxes. Is there a difference? I know that in the difference between scythes and sickles, scythes are twice as good in every way.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 08, 2017, 02:10:24 pm »

Wake up this morning to two notices of "xxx wants to move units in a restricted access area" and a message "Greetings Neighbor, I've come to talk....."

You want to talk? Send me a message. There's a reason why I'm sitting in my castle where nasty people with pointy objects can't get to me.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 08, 2017, 02:41:23 pm »

So I'm currently thinking about stabbing my neighbor.
My expansion has stalled for almost 2 weeks now because the game only lets me expand into areas that require his consent. He has so far not answered to any messages and declines my expansion requests, which is very much annoying.
Going to send him one more message (in google translated spanish), if he's still not saying anything I'll send some friendly guys to have a pointed "argument" with him.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 08, 2017, 03:15:40 pm »

Would that by Godoy? I looked around and noticed two of his territories were named "Godoyland".

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 08, 2017, 03:26:16 pm »

Aye.
3 of his are actualy Godoyland, the 4th one, Sacrilaland or something like that, is one he took over from an inactive guy.
He moves all his characters around and all of them are working, so I know he is active.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 161