Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189828 times)

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1050 on: January 03, 2017, 08:48:06 am »

Could be a bug as well. Just want to say how impressive this game is - just the amount of different items and depth it has is mindblowing, not to mention all the features. For a browser game that is not pay2win, this honestly couldn't get better. Was waiting for quite a while for a game like this.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 03, 2017, 09:32:01 am »

How does tool quality affect wood harvesting/felling? Speed, quality?

I don't know about speed, but tools definitely have a huge impact on quality. I regularly get high quality wood from low quality trees since I upgraded all my tools to the best I could afford.

Also, any tips for hunting? I have a lot of forest that gives me +hunting and a Hunter Shelter on the edge of that forest. Where should I place my hunter to hunt?

Chestnut trees give the best hunting bonuses, with lots of other trees being a close second. Check the help page on Hunting skill if you wish. Then go to your management tab, buildings section, sort all your trees by quality. Ideally, look for an ancient or high tree of good quality on top of Shrubland/Tundra/Bushland/Meadow. If you find good terrain without a tree on it, you can build a Hunter's Shelter on it, which will give hunting bonuses comparable to a decent tree. Once you have terrain and/or building/tree with solid Hunting bonuses, plant your hunter there and let him do his thing.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:28:00 am by Folly »

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 03, 2017, 09:39:22 am »

Ok, thanks again for all the info. What exactly can I do with my inactive neighbour, could I turn him into something profitable somehow or acquire his land?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 03, 2017, 09:48:46 am »

Ok, thanks again for all the info. What exactly can I do with my inactive neighbour, could I turn him into something profitable somehow or acquire his land?

If he's inactive you can go kill him off with your lord/military. After 7 days of death, you'll be able to claim his domain as long as he doesn't have any heirs. From there you can either use the domain, or sell all the resources and liquidate it! :)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 03, 2017, 09:53:12 am »

Chestnut trees give the best hunting bonuses, with lots of other trees being a close second. Check the help page on Hunting skill if you wish. Then go to your management tab, buildings section, sort all your trees by quality. Find a good one and build a Hunter Shelter there.
You can't build a Hunter Shelter on trees.  But you can just straight up hunt in them without a shelter.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 03, 2017, 09:54:35 am »

If he's inactive you can go kill him off with your lord/military. After 7 days of death, you'll be able to claim his domain as long as he doesn't have any heirs. From there you can either use the domain, or sell all the resources and liquidate it! :)

I don't really have any military. Is just my lord enough though? I traveled to the tile where his lord was and I had no interaction option. Guess I need a weapon, would a single woodcutter be able to beat the enemy lord?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 03, 2017, 10:01:26 am »

Best bet with no military is to use your lord, but buy a nice set of high quality swords for him first, and requip to improve your melee skill. You'll only need 2 swords (not 10) to equip your lord, so it shouldn't cost much.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 03, 2017, 10:05:19 am »

To attack someone, just drag the icon of your soldier over the icon of whoever you want to attack. There'll be a little animation, then the message log for that area should update showing the result.

Also, for a military unit that's actually decent at doing other things, having a peasant soldier is a good bet - can be trained in any field, and with the items he can equip and the bonuses he gets, he makes an excellent farmer as well. (Note: depending on how far North you are, a farmer (of any sort) may or may not be very useful to you.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:19:30 am by AlStar »

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 03, 2017, 12:55:34 pm »

Is it my connection, or is this game lagging bad today?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 03, 2017, 12:59:57 pm »

Is it my connection, or is this game lagging bad today?

It's been lagging pretty bad for a while now. For me at least, today seems a bit better than the last week.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 03, 2017, 01:05:21 pm »

For me, most days havent been too bad. Usually just 10-20 seconds before the units appear after arrival. Today seems more like 2+ minutes for my woodcutter to move one space :/

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 03, 2017, 02:05:25 pm »

For me its lagging a bit, for about 4 days now, well its probl our (b12) fault 😃

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 03, 2017, 02:18:26 pm »

Your probably right.

@HARD, what happened with that vassal thing? Did that other guy force you into it or you manage to find a way out of it?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 03, 2017, 02:46:05 pm »

speaking of vassaldom: I seem to have an expansionist neighbor. Anyone of you would be willing to help resisting? we lords of the neighborhood are building up an army, but the time is short.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 03, 2017, 03:19:46 pm »

speaking of vassaldom: I seem to have an expansionist neighbor. Anyone of you would be willing to help resisting? we lords of the neighborhood are building up an army, but the time is short.

who's bothering you? Glancing at the map, Ipsil and Urban Giraffe are closest - to your East, but depending on how large your neighbour is. Friendly diplomacy may be your best option.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 161