Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189778 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #975 on: December 31, 2016, 06:29:36 pm »

Um... that 66% is the quarry building. Both limestone deposits are 77%.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 31, 2016, 06:35:37 pm »

Um... that 66% is the quarry building. Both limestone deposits are 77%.

Hmm, must've stuffed it; you're right then. I hope it's not affecting my entire mountain; I seem to recall it started over 80% but I might be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:37:18 pm by TTHSK »

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 31, 2016, 06:51:22 pm »

It's the whole mountain.

Take a look, Ravenholm. The road leads north out of the town to the mountain - the first quarry was worked from about day 2, the others more recently. There are also 2 mines at the back which havent been worked yet. The whole mountain was 61% - I always play these sorts of games with a spreadsheet to keep notes - its now 54% all over. It was 55% when I wrote the post then when I went back to check it over it was down to 54%.

The mountain to the east... is another matter. I'm keeping an eye on it, Im sure both those mountains were 61%, but I didn't really make a note of the second one so I wouldn't say for sure its gone down but it is now showing as 59%.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:53:41 pm by Crowe~ »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 31, 2016, 06:55:30 pm »

...that's pretty insane. Mining one spot of the mountain degrades the entire mountain?

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 31, 2016, 07:00:36 pm »

Pfff, silly humans.
I'm more surprised there still is a mountain after 2 weeks of mining.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 31, 2016, 07:05:06 pm »

Not necessarily the whole mountain I think, rather the whole resource patch - a mountain could be comprised of more than one 'patch'.  e.g. at 02197W:24609N there's about 4 different quality levels of limestone that are visually part of the one mountain (more if you follow it further south).  I'm guessing that each of those quality levels is a separate patch dividing up the mountain with invisible lines, and that each will decline separately.  Just a guess though, not watched it in action.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 31, 2016, 07:17:02 pm »

In game terms, you're extracting like 2000 tons of rock a day with that many workers; it should be more damaging than it is. There are better ways of making money that don't degrade your area, use less labor, and could even be done with entirely imported goods.

10 tons of gold ore (200-220g) + 1.25 tons of charcoal (150g) produces 2-4 gold that can be sold at floor price for 400 each. When more people figure out that this is free money, gold ore prices will rise, but I'd imagine there are a lot of inactive domains autoselling gold ore.

Better yet, you can import loads of really cheap wood and use that as fuel instead of charcoal; also doesn't contaminate a higher quality supply used for making tools/weapons.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:20:52 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 31, 2016, 07:20:02 pm »

There is also definitely some basis on regions. Eg. The little expansions you make.

Take a look at my area. South of town on the river is one sand quarry. Its showing as Bank 71%. I write down on my sheet 72% for the river sand and the place I checked for that was west of town on the main river which is now also 71%... (I havent quarried much sand, just now and then). If you look at the river/stream junction which was part of another expansion it shows as bank 13%.

Not necessarily the whole mountain I think, rather the whole resource patch - a mountain could be comprised of more than one 'patch'.  e.g. at 02197W:24609N there's about 4 different quality levels of limestone that are visually part of the one mountain (more if you follow it further south).  I'm guessing that each of those quality levels is a separate patch dividing up the mountain with invisible lines, and that each will decline separately.  Just a guess though, not watched it in action.

The sandstone north of me shows 3 different %.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 31, 2016, 07:33:10 pm »

In game terms, you're extracting like 2000 tons of rock a day with that many workers; it should be more damaging than it is.

Sorry, but no way. There are 60 men with shovels and pickaxes on my mountain and the tonnage they bring in is nothing. You think 60 men and basic tools can tear down a mountain? This game has real-time tree grow, and real-time seasons, and then super fast quarry. It takes decades to mine out a hill of useful rock with machines and dynamite, these medieval pick guys would be mining a small mountain like the one near me forever practically. If its going for no real, then fine, its a game. But why the real seasons and trees and then this resource of ore/rock so fast? Makes little sense
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:34:44 pm by Crowe~ »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 31, 2016, 08:02:29 pm »

We're talking about different things. I think that the damage to quality considering the units of measurement involved is reasonable, while you're saying that the rate of extraction is unreasonable. And I agree, but they're two different points.

6 units getting 40 tons per batch every 5 hours is 1152 tons/day (quite a bit less than the 2000 I suggested), but over a week that's 8000 tons. I think that's quite a lot (the core blocks of the pyramids at giza weigh like 1.5 tons each), and these are going to be the most convenient stones available extracted first.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 31, 2016, 08:33:51 pm »

Keep in mind that your settlers aren't representative of a single individual: they represent small teams of people. I currently have 10 settlers with a population of just under 500. Assuming that the genders are split 50/50 and the population's mostly children, that means probably about 10-15 people per unit if only men work, or up to twice that if both men and women are doing manual labor.

That said, the time frames of most of these operations, and the amount of rest that the settlers need, is still way less than it should be. The game would be pretty agonizingly slow with completely realistic time frames.
Nothing important here, move along.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #986 on: December 31, 2016, 08:35:11 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 31, 2016, 08:51:13 pm »

Ohh wow nice. I hope I can see me on it someday too :D

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #988 on: December 31, 2016, 08:54:00 pm »

Ohh wow nice. I hope I can see me on it someday too :D
Just throw your coordinates at me and I'll add you in.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 31, 2016, 09:29:51 pm »

Props to Kot for his awesome map.

Props to Hawkwood for marching his army all the way to Zaldor and helping induce de Wasser to suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 161