Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189734 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #885 on: December 29, 2016, 02:12:11 pm »

Each time you train a unit into a specialization they lose experience.  The only units I want to level up before training are troops.  Cause the only way to level them up after training is to use them to dig roads or help build huts.  And that just makes them tired and open to being ganked.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 29, 2016, 02:33:40 pm »

Each time you train a unit into a specialization they lose experience.  The only units I want to level up before training are troops.  Cause the only way to level them up after training is to use them to dig roads or help build huts.  And that just makes them tired and open to being ganked.

How much experience do they lose?  A level or more?  I can always retrain them at level 4 or 5 rather then 3.  So not a big thing as long as they continue to auto-do their job for exp.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 29, 2016, 02:59:55 pm »

How much experience do they lose?  A level or more?  I can always retrain them at level 4 or 5 rather then 3.  So not a big thing as long as they continue to auto-do their job for exp.

They lose half. Not sure if that is half their exp points, or half their levels though.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 29, 2016, 04:25:34 pm »

Looking for some beginner tips:

- i'm currently at 400 pop with 8 units, should i put my resources into building more houses to attract more settlers, or should I start investing in some harvesting/production?
- what kind of industry branch do you guys advise for the Northern Tetra? I'm quarrying some lime atm, but that seems really low price. Thinking of going into charcoal, got a bit of a forest close.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 29, 2016, 04:31:11 pm »

As far as I'm aware population growth is both infinite and exponential, so probably at any given time a majority of your effort should be going into more population growth. Industries for wealth and such should probably be as a side thing, to help fuel the expansion. At where you are now I'd think about getting a school up to start training better housing builders. Later on, it's fairly cheap to buy iron and charcoal and use them for making high valued tools, might be worth looking into.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 29, 2016, 04:34:46 pm »

Liquidating inactive domains is really the best way to make early money, unless you start somewhere with something like gem deposits. Just make sure to adjust your wage rate, so you don't accidentally give away thousands of ducats to your workers.

With the money from liquidation, you can do things like buy high quality tools and materials for production. Even if you don't have any resources worth refining, you can buy things like high quality iron ore for very little and produce things like tools and weapons from it. Just be careful that the money doesn't run out before you have something worth selling (but even just smelting ore and selling it should turn a profit if you can make charcoal).

But yes, always build more huts, continuously, with anyone who is idle and does not have important skills. More population is always better, and food does not matter in the slightest. I'd also get a school early so you can train carpenters and roofers, and any other useful professions you need, and think about getting a barracks for a military and secure place to stick the lord.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 29, 2016, 04:36:25 pm »

As far as I'm aware population growth is both infinite and exponential, so probably at any given time a majority of your effort should be going into more population growth. Industries for wealth and such should probably be as a side thing, to help fuel the expansion. At where you are now I'd think about getting a school up to start training better housing builders. Later on, it's fairly cheap to buy iron and charcoal and use them for making high valued tools, might be worth looking into.

Thanks. How would I increase my wealth if I don't have any industry? Do I get some money (gold?) from other "features"?

Rueprect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 29, 2016, 05:31:49 pm »

https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Whitedragonsland <-- giving away this land in tetra, if anyone wants it

I just happened to pick it up, because I'm establishing a domain nearby, soon-ish

I would, but I won't be able to get a new domain for 5 days unfortunately

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 29, 2016, 05:41:55 pm »

Any of you guys around 02302W:30617N in far far north? im cleaning that region of inactive lords, gonna liquidate few domains, kilakan from bay12 is playing with me, started nearby.

Rueprect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 29, 2016, 05:49:15 pm »

Looking for some beginner tips:

- i'm currently at 400 pop with 8 units, should i put my resources into building more houses to attract more settlers, or should I start investing in some harvesting/production?
- what kind of industry branch do you guys advise for the Northern Tetra? I'm quarrying some lime atm, but that seems really low price. Thinking of going into charcoal, got a bit of a forest close.

As a fellow northerner, here is my advice.  First, make a workshop and specialize it as a carpenter workshop.  This is a cheaper way to be able to train carpenters than building a school.  While your doing this, train up a woodcutter (luckily you just need a forest tile to train them).  I recommend selling your crappy starting axes and buying some 3-4 star axes if you have the money for it (you'll need 10 for training).  Next, check out the quality of trees you have in your domain.  Find all the highest quality trees, and chop down everything except for them.  There is a decent amount of reliable money to be made in the wood market, especially for high quality wood.  Use the money you get from this to finance buying the tools you will need to train up your carpenters.  Use these carpenters to build as many huts as you can, getting more settlers as fast as you can is paramount. 

I'm not sure what the best thing is to do after that, as I am currently still in the hut building stage, good luck!

Rueprect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 29, 2016, 05:55:09 pm »

Any of you guys around 02302W:30617N in far far north? im cleaning that region of inactive lords, gonna liquidate few domains, kilakan from bay12 is playing with me, started nearby.

not sure if you would call it nearby, I'm here: https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00446W29649N and here: https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00401W29559N

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 29, 2016, 06:44:40 pm »

not sure if you would call it nearby, I'm here: https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00446W29649N and here: https://www.landsoflords.com/map/00401W29559N

Not that far tho ;)

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 29, 2016, 07:04:08 pm »

It may be worth noting. Using tokens on roads and other things that units would gain EXP with, could actually lose that exp they would have gained. I'm pretty sure the unit needs to do the full work for the exp. Maybe I'm wrong, but if units gain exp over time as they work, seems almost for sure they actually lose exp from tokens.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 29, 2016, 07:06:01 pm »

https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Whitedragonsland <-- giving away this land in tetra, if anyone wants it

I just happened to pick it up, because I'm establishing a domain nearby, soon-ish

I would, but I won't be able to get a new domain for 5 days unfortunately
Ah, I missed this apparently. Started the liquidation process, only demolished a hut and sold most things off, but I can fill in what you need if you still seriously want the domain. 
And you could get a new domain via me transferring it over to you.  Don't need to wait days for it.
Send the noble taking it to the town square and I'll have mine come over.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 29, 2016, 08:13:22 pm »

One of my heirs holds a domain in the area of 01161W:30243N. Not close in my way of thinking, but on the world stage yeah its probably pretty close.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 161