Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189656 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #840 on: December 27, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »

Generally, yes, throwing extra settlers onto a project will reduce the quality.  As far as I can tell, how much it reduces the quality depends on how far into the project you added them - early on has a big impact, later on less of one.  I threw a couple on a forge I was building about half way through construction and it only reduced the predicted quality by 1%.  Also it seems you can add them to the project, check what the new predicted quality will be, then immediately remove them again and it'll revert to the previous quality.

If you add skilled workers, it can increase the quality as well in the same way.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 27, 2016, 09:26:49 pm »

Does anybody know if ordinary peasants fight back when they're on the same tile as their lord I'm trying to kill?

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 27, 2016, 09:47:40 pm »

regarding adding workers to build force, it looks like it would average the skills of all contributed workers :  if you add highly skilled workers quality will increase, if you add lower skilled it will decrease.

Regarding removing workers from the build force, be carefull to not hit the stop button, or the construction will be canceled. seems like this happened to a lot of people. To remove a worker, you need to click the worker itself in the build row, then you can remove it from the pop up window

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 27, 2016, 11:54:06 pm »

Does anybody know if ordinary peasants fight back when they're on the same tile as their lord I'm trying to kill?
Every unit that is attacked will make a counter attack, or by a military unit in the area that is friendly to the unit that was attacked.  For Reference

So a settler might help another settler, but not a lord who has actual combat skill.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 28, 2016, 12:02:10 am »

So, whats up with chothes for the Lord, obviously there's a system to change them, and I've seen some with like capes and crowns (probably from titles?) but is there a way to change normal clothes?

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 28, 2016, 12:11:57 am »

I just found out that there is a Lands of Lords thread here, I'm the currently Mistress Andrea of Matos (03891W:23587N) , my domains are in the west "branch" of Zaldor.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 28, 2016, 12:22:07 am »

So, whats up with chothes for the Lord, obviously there's a system to change them, and I've seen some with like capes and crowns (probably from titles?) but is there a way to change normal clothes?
As far as I can tell you get one set of clothes when a new character is created, that's it.  Crowns and hats are earned from kingdom titles while medals are earned from (for the lack of a better word) activity titles. 

It looks like they want to add the ability to buy/make new clothes to wear.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 28, 2016, 01:03:31 am »

I'm in a somewhat strange position - I've just completed building a brothel in my town... but all my workers are already specialized, and I don't want to waste XP on switching professions.

Thus, I'm waiting for new settlers to show up. I can just imagine the scene now:

"Welcome to our fine town! Now, if your womenfolk could all just strip bare, wear these necklaces, and then put on a show for the rest of the town, we'll be good to go!"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:05:23 am by AlStar »

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 28, 2016, 01:03:48 am »

Is this a good start? Nothernish Tetra, couldn't find much better. What do you suggest I focus on and strive towards with this stuff.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:11:13 am by Mookzen »

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 28, 2016, 01:08:47 am »

I just found out that there is a Lands of Lords thread here, I'm the currently Mistress Andrea of Matos (03891W:23587N) , my domains are in the west "branch" of Zaldor.

Welcome to the Zaldorian Alliance!
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 28, 2016, 01:22:00 am »

Is this a good start? Nothernish Tetra, couldn't find much better. What do you suggest I focus on and strive towards with this stuff.

Can you give the coordinate? For what I can see you pretty much have everything you need for a great start. I'd say that clay should be the first industry then iron.

My first domain had few ressources but it's doing well anyway. The trick is to get enough cash to buy what you can't produce yourself when the starting ressources run out.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 28, 2016, 01:32:39 am »

[snip]
Can you give the coordinate? For what I can see you pretty much have everything you need for a great start. I'd say that clay should be the first industry then iron.

My first domain had few ressources but it's doing well anyway. The trick is to get enough cash to buy what you can't produce yourself when the starting ressources run out.

00094E:28521N

I'm thinking of expanding the domain upwards, getting to those nice clay fields to get into brick-making. I did a liquidation to get about 4k, should boost my start a bit, though not sure about build orders, going for a school at the moment and more housing. Thanks for giving tips.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:36:27 am by Mookzen »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 28, 2016, 02:36:03 am »

As far as I can tell you get one set of clothes when a new character is created, that's it.

Does nudity count as an outfit? Cuz if so, you get two outfits to start with.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 28, 2016, 05:18:30 am »

Seesh thats a whole hell of a lot higher quality of an area than where I started, but when I was looking for a place to settle I was primarily just concerned with being somewhat isolated from other players. 
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 28, 2016, 06:33:19 am »

Need a little advice here.

I'm going to claim this particular location here. Its near the edge of one of my other domains. Its better developed than anything I have now but the area is horribly resource poor(with the exception of already having walnuts in its supplies which could be used to set up an orchard to eventually help with the nasty lack of wood) . Should I just liquidate this one or should I add it to my controlled domains permanently?

Location is 02017W 22351N

Edit: It holds little amounts of a lot of resources, except for the massive amounts of drinking water :O
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:20:19 am by Therolyn »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 161