Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189608 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #765 on: December 26, 2016, 08:47:36 am »

Maybe there's something that I'm not seeing, but why would one build a goldsmith shop versus a jewelry shop? They appear to need exactly the same things to build, but one can only make necklaces and rings, while the other can make both of those, plus half a dozen other things.

edit: ah, wait - I think I just answered my own question -  jewelry shop needs you to have gemstones of some sort to build. Still, seems well-worth buying a ton of emeralds or something to get the better shop.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 08:51:58 am by AlStar »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 26, 2016, 08:51:25 am »

I need hemp... I want to build an archery shop, yet I can't get any hemp to do so.  I am guessing I can't grow any right now.  Seriously, there is none on the market.  Sadface.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 26, 2016, 09:05:26 am »

I need hemp... I want to build an archery shop, yet I can't get any hemp to do so.  I am guessing I can't grow any right now.  Seriously, there is none on the market.  Sadface.

Soon my first hemp crops will be coming in. Then it will be time to make some bows for people who can't get hemp! That and high quality ropes.......PROFIT! Being in the south is wonderful. You can actually...grow stuff.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 26, 2016, 09:15:21 am »

Everyone needs hemp, at least those who aren't producing. Hawkwood's going to be making a killing off that hemp harvest.

I guess it's because hemp is used to make valuable rope, and more importantly, bows. And crossbows. And arrows. But not crossbow bolts.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 26, 2016, 09:35:40 am »

By the way, for automated actions do your guys automatically cycle through them or just choose the first valid one?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 26, 2016, 09:38:14 am »

By the way, for automated actions do your guys automatically cycle through them or just choose the first valid one?

cycle through
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 26, 2016, 10:30:56 am »

cycle through

Awesome, that makes things simpler.  Now I just have to figure out if upgraded workshops let more then one family work at a time, and how exactly horse and carriages help production.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 26, 2016, 11:22:45 am »

Goddammit, I claimed a domain with the intent of liquidating it but didn't notice it was a vassal to another state. Can't liquidate it now, and I already destroyed every building in here.

I guess the only thing I can do now is send a letter to the liege and hope he will be gracious and release me.
Love, scriver~

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 26, 2016, 11:23:33 am »

Now I just have to figure out if upgraded workshops let more then one family work at a time, and how exactly horse and carriages help production.
Upgraded work buildings allow more units to work in parallel, yes.  If it has medium in it's name then it can support 2, 3 if large.  Same with the school, barracks and many other buildings.

Carriage helps by speeding up construction when using heavy materials.  The best way to check it is check the build times between using quarried stone vs bricks.  Can be many many hours difference without carriage, stone cutting and sawing.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 26, 2016, 11:25:43 am »

Goddammit, I claimed a domain with the intent of liquidating it but didn't notice it was a vassal to another state. Can't liquidate it now, and I already destroyed every building in here.

I guess the only thing I can do now is send a letter to the liege and hope he will be gracious and release me.

If they won't release you, you can get the happiness there down to 0%, and subjugate it yourself with your main domain real quick, then liquidate.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 26, 2016, 11:26:45 am »

Got the first plot of fruit trees in my second domain. Looks like it has to grow from the start... which is something I have no idea how long it takes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 26, 2016, 11:31:36 am »

Got the first plot of fruit trees in my second domain. Looks like it has to grow from the start... which is something I have no idea how long it takes.
Irl weeks to months.

On another note the Flunkendudles (North Flunken) have settled on Zaldor in the far south of the island.  Just wondering why people ignored this little corner with gold and copper right there on the shore.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 26, 2016, 11:32:37 am »

if i want to get any profit from liqiudation of abandoned domain should i make it with my main char or second one?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 26, 2016, 11:41:32 am »

If they won't release you, you can get the happiness there down to 0%, and subjugate it yourself with your main domain real quick, then liquidate.

Happiness is at 3% right now, so that might not take long. But how do I subjugate it with another domain? My main domain and this one (this is it by the way) is owned by the same person, will I have to use the second character to subjugate it?
Love, scriver~

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 26, 2016, 11:53:32 am »

if i want to get any profit from liqiudation of abandoned domain should i make it with my main char or second one?

I find it's easier to launder the money if you keep it on one char so you don't got to flip back and forth as much.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 161