Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189500 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #645 on: December 24, 2016, 08:21:46 am »

Ah, quality. I put up pretty high quality granite in the market for 50g a ton- someone bought all of it!

Yeah, I threw up some of this amazing oak for 225g each, and someone bought about 30k gold worth last night.

Telling you there is a demand that isn't being met for the really high quality stuff.

Yeah, I think a lot of big players who do produce excellent quality stuff seem to hoard them. Maybe cause they are largely self-sufficient?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 24, 2016, 08:51:03 am »

That guy who sent me a greeting message the other day, I just noticed that within 12 hours of sending that message he was dead. He also tore down his domain ahead of time. The border is still there, but it's been liquidated.

Did my minor lack of social interaction just drive someone to suicide? Perhaps murder-suicide, depending on what happens to the peasants in a liquidated settlement?

EDIT: Just picked up a fairly-built abandoned domain with viable resources, including plums and copper. Good quality meadows and basalt as well. Could be prime once spring rolls around.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:26:52 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 24, 2016, 09:36:54 am »

...Why does my digger have no digging skills?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 24, 2016, 09:47:40 am »

Settlers start with most skills in the minus, two random ones I checked right now had -7 and - 8 digging, so if he had particularly low starting digging skill and the place of education was low quality, it may not have been enough to get him in the plus. My guess anyway.

It seems the more "basic" skills have more variability while more advanced skills all start very low. When picking a  woodcutter I noticed some were in the minus 10's and some up to 0, a very significant gap so choosing the right people for those seemingly basic tasks can be important.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:59:55 am by LordKnows »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 24, 2016, 09:55:40 am »

How well rested is he? (Tiredness quickly drives all skills negative)
What quality of tools is he using? (Higher is better)
What level is he? (Higher is better, of course)
And does he have the various optional tools? (At least the non-horse, cart, and rope - those are mostly for hauling)

There's a very noticeable difference in a tired digger with a 1/2 star shovel, and a fully rested one with a 4 star shovel and pick - for instance, my (nearly) fully-rested level 2 diggers are at +39 digging.

edit:
It seems the more "basic" skills have more variability while more advanced skills all start very low. When picking a  woodcutter I noticed some were in the minus 10's and some up to 0, a very significant gap so choosing the right people for those seemingly basic tasks can be important.
It's worth noting that all settlers start with a random tool of low quality, which probably explains the differences in skill levels you're looking at.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 10:01:41 am by AlStar »

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 24, 2016, 09:59:02 am »

oops accidental post

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 24, 2016, 10:14:23 am »

How well rested is he? (Tiredness quickly drives all skills negative)
What quality of tools is he using? (Higher is better)
What level is he? (Higher is better, of course)
And does he have the various optional tools? (At least the non-horse, cart, and rope - those are mostly for hauling)

There's a very noticeable difference in a tired digger with a 1/2 star shovel, and a fully rested one with a 4 star shovel and pick - for instance, my (nearly) fully-rested level 2 diggers are at +39 digging.

Fully rested, low quality shovels and level 2.Has a poor quality work horse.

Also, digging isn't even on his skill list.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 24, 2016, 10:29:12 am »

Skills also vary as per what tile you're at.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 24, 2016, 10:53:29 am »

Ahahahaha I just noticed that when you fully upgrade a barn it is a barn with silo, which gives +10 ranged combat.  That's hilarious attention to detail.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 24, 2016, 10:57:22 am »

Yes! I love it!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 24, 2016, 11:07:45 am »

And yet, somehow, I can't build a road that comes out of a square  ::)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 24, 2016, 11:10:48 am »

And yet, somehow, I can't build a road that comes out of a square  ::)

describe that in a little more detail, are you trying to build a road over huts or something?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 24, 2016, 11:50:25 am »

GAH ROADS.I HERE THEM SO FUCKING MUCH THEY RUIN THIS GAME FOR ME
Love, scriver~

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 24, 2016, 12:26:01 pm »

My second domain is coming along nicely. Hut sprawling is definitely the way to go in the beginning. You can seehere.

Also now that both have castles, I made the second one vassal to the first, and then vassalized all the inactive domains to the north of it and cleared out the...previous owners. Once those are claimable in a few days I plan to build them all up so they are all contiguous. Should be able to get a Barony at least (once I have a prince/king/whatever to be under) or a Countship if I can string together 9 somehow, though that is pushing it. It wouldn't leave any domain slot for one of my characters to go liquidating!

Maybe I can convince someone to come down here and be my vassal, haha.

Also I have my first troops trained, a halberdier and archer. Not much, but at least it is a start.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 24, 2016, 01:04:37 pm »

How long is it likely to be until it gets warm enough to start farming again in the north? There's been no hemp on the market for days, and bows cannot be made without it. I, and probably many others, have had offers at max price for some others, but no sellers.

You can't be a baron unless you are a vassal yourself.
How, then, does a kingdom start? Vassalage to the Admin himself?

Actually, unless I'm mis-reading the help files(I could very well be. They're hard to read), you can claim a title of Prince or Duke right from a Lordship if you've got enough vassals, plus required buildings and resources to make the claim. The vassals themselves can only be at most Domains or Lordships in order for a Lord to vassalize them.

EDIT: That's a Grand Duke. A normal Duchy requires a higher ruler to make the appointment. Apparently, a Principality doesn't even require vassals.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 01:08:18 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 161