Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189489 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #615 on: December 23, 2016, 07:35:39 pm »

I know what you mean, even if the tedium has not quite caught up to me yet.

Personally I would enjoy some map modes. Even something as basic as a grid with different colours for the resources. It'd make it easier to plan things out instead of having to constantly check whether this smudge is part of the mountains or the plans.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 23, 2016, 07:38:14 pm »

If i transform one of huts/houses into lets say archery i'm loosing inhabitants limit, right?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 23, 2016, 08:15:39 pm »

No, you are just adding a workshop to it.  You can't remove the workshop but you can change it to another.  It's how the workshop buildings, water mills and forges work as well.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 23, 2016, 08:19:05 pm »

If i transform one of huts/houses into lets say archery i'm loosing inhabitants limit, right?
I don't think that changes the inhabitants limit.

So I've been playing this for a few days now.  I didn't think I would get into it but thought I'd give it a try.  I must be into it because I've been checking my holdings constantly.

I'm Ettenville on Zaldor, and Blackmarsh just across the sea from Zaldor.

The game has a lot of problems, but it has a kind of quirky charm.  I do wish the map was better done; it's too hard to see where realms are while zoomed out, for example.  Also, was it really necessary to make one giant continent with a few small islands?

Gotta love it when your peasants spend 500 denier on a ham and then get pissed because they can't afford anything else.  Part of the quirky charm.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 23, 2016, 08:44:18 pm »

The game has a lot of problems, but it has a kind of quirky charm.  I do wish the map was better done; it's too hard to see where realms are while zoomed out, for example.  Also, was it really necessary to make one giant continent with a few small islands?
The plan is to add more continents if more people keep playing.  Right now almost none of the major realms are even moderately contiguous.  I think one of the thing the game's creator believes in is allowing people to keep growing.  Allowing people to find more things to do is definitely a great way to keep people playing.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 23, 2016, 09:11:32 pm »

The plan is to add more continents if more people keep playing.  Right now almost none of the major realms are even moderately contiguous.  I think one of the thing the game's creator believes in is allowing people to keep growing.  Allowing people to find more things to do is definitely a great way to keep people playing.
It makes starting on an island difficult, because of the way the market works.  On Zaldor, you probably can't rely on the market for quality stuff, and have to make everything yourself.  Tetra, on the other hand, has thousands of realms trading, and just about anything you need is for sale.

This means your peasants are probably going to be unhappier in general on islands because they have to settle for a sausage instead of a ham, or have to spend 100 denier on a beer, or not have beer available at all.  Which might mean it takes longer to grow on islands.

It's not that big a deal to me, but someone who wants to play real competitively is probably not going to be on an island.

I like my island, though.  I look forward to playing my part in the story of Zaldor Island.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 23, 2016, 09:34:36 pm »

My major gripe is with how little water does for defense. Water should work like walls in terms of defense--if a part of your domain is surrounded by water--others shouldn't be able to cross.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 23, 2016, 09:45:37 pm »

Not a lot of hemp on the market. Or rather, none. It was bad enough just getting the small amount to build the bow shop, but I can't make any bows due to a lack of hemp. Now that I think about it, why do arrows require hemp? I also cannot offer more than 10g per unit of hemp, despite willingness to offer more.

I really would like to get a hunter trained, as right now 0%-quality bison meat is one of my main exports besides 71%q limestone. By tomorrow, I'll have my charcoaler and hopefully a lime kiln up and running, so lime can maybe be added to exports.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 23, 2016, 09:47:06 pm »

My major gripe is with how little water does for defense. Water should work like walls in terms of defense--if a part of your domain is surrounded by water--others shouldn't be able to cross.

I agree, I made a post about it.  Evidently if you build walls next to water, they are harder to attack, but...

Also:  Work expansion ever.  I should have stepped onto the other side of the river.  I got a whole bunch of useless land... augh... time to build up again...
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 23, 2016, 09:48:33 pm »

careful with rivers though--you'll need bridges to continue urbanization.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 23, 2016, 09:53:43 pm »

Already planned!  Got an architect and everything.

I don't know how good trade ships actually are (I am in tetra, so...) but they are good for RP so I will be trying to build them.  Also, going to build a coast fortress because why not.  CANALS FOR EVERYONE
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 23, 2016, 10:00:43 pm »

I don't know how good trade ships actually are (I am in tetra, so...) but they are good for RP so I will be trying to build them.  Also, going to build a coast fortress because why not.  CANALS FOR EVERYONE

Trade ships let you sell to markets on other continents--very profitable if you're buying resources on Tetra, and selling manufactured goods at high prices on the smaller continents.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 23, 2016, 10:07:11 pm »

Trade ships let you sell to markets on other continents--very profitable if you're buying resources on Tetra, and selling manufactured goods at high prices on the smaller continents.

Oh awesome, that actually sounds useful.

Is there any way to make an urban sprawl seed?  Do you have to build everything connected, or is there a building that would let me start building huts somewhere else?  Do I need to make a line of huts to get to the location I want?

I would have started there but there were trees :(

Edit:  I just realized if I can't move my urban sprawl location, then I really messed up my plans.  That's frustrating.  If there isn't any way to start a new seed somewhere else, if I remove everything I have, can I rebuild it somewhere else?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 10:21:34 pm by Puzzlemaker »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 23, 2016, 10:24:38 pm »

Oh awesome, that actually sounds useful.

Is there any way to make an urban sprawl seed?  Do you have to build everything connected, or is there a building that would let me start building huts somewhere else?  Do I need to make a line of huts to get to the location I want?

I would have started there but there were trees :(

Edit:  I just realized if I can't move my urban sprawl location, then I really messed up my plans.  That's frustrating.  If there isn't any way to start a new seed somewhere else, if I remove everything I have, can I rebuild it somewhere else?

If you take leather gloves and turnery woods to Zaldor, you'll clean up.

I've never seen multiple towns in one domain, don't think it's possible.  I don't think it's possible to move your starting square.  Why does it matter, though?  You can just build in a line in one direction, if you want.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 23, 2016, 10:25:55 pm »

whats better to train for granite quarry, diggers or quarrymen?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 161