Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189384 times)

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #495 on: December 22, 2016, 10:22:11 am »

Yeah my location of Tetra is pretty extremely barren, inactive settlements all around, although there are a couple of isolationist large cities near me but they don't seem relatively aggressive. Some of the more active areas seem to have some aggressive tendencies though, iirc someone said something about James Calhoun a few pages ago and when I checked he had like 4 pikemen and himself and was running around murdering newbies settlements. I'd recommend going for a castle early on if you're near those areas.

Lord Calhoun ended up being reasonable, at least in our first interaction. I was forced to get his permission for my very first expansion, since my settlement was spawned way off-center in my initial acreage. He ended up PM'ing me before I contacted him and asked what my intentions are. The game seems to translate text from another language into your native one, which is really convenient. He ended up allowing me to expand Swill right up to his border (I didn't expect the game to grant me such a huge chunk but whatever).

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 22, 2016, 10:26:26 am »

https://www.landsoflords.com/help/bld/house:house

scroll down a bit till the "House" section, you'll see it accomodates 70 People, and 70 acres towards the expansion

Ah, thanks again. I was looking at the individual buildings.
Love, scriver~

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 22, 2016, 10:28:08 am »

Yeah my location of Tetra is pretty extremely barren, inactive settlements all around, although there are a couple of isolationist large cities near me but they don't seem relatively aggressive. Some of the more active areas seem to have some aggressive tendencies though, iirc someone said something about James Calhoun a few pages ago and when I checked he had like 4 pikemen and himself and was running around murdering newbies settlements. I'd recommend going for a castle early on if you're near those areas.

Lord Calhoun ended up being reasonable, at least in our first interaction. I was forced to get his permission for my very first expansion, since my settlement was spawned way off-center in my initial acreage. He ended up PM'ing me before I contacted him and asked what my intentions are. The game seems to translate text from another language into your native one, which is really convenient. He ended up allowing me to expand Swill right up to his border (I didn't expect the game to grant me such a huge chunk but whatever).

It automatically translates?  ???

Me and my french neighbor have been getting along well using google translate (Holy damn, google seems to have improved it a ton! I usually run the translated French back into English and it usually comes out decent enough we understand one another.) before sending our messages.

But the Spanish guy sends all his messages in Spanish that I have to run through the translator myself.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 22, 2016, 10:32:54 am »

edit: 4. Macroeconomy - is selling to XXXXX the only way to increase total cash in game? And trade taxes are the only cash sink?

I believe so. And keep in mind selling to base price doesn't actually remove the goods from game, they just get moved to a random region and sold at market value.

Because of this and the fact that new players get a lot of low quality tools and materials, I can imagine this will eventually deflate the price of low quality starting materials, as nate has pointed out, especially since a lot of people now have caught on to the liquidation game. I'm not sure if starting gear comes from nullspace or is actually bought on the market from other players, but if it's the latter it would at least help with deflation by not dumping loads of low quality gear on the market.

In other news, I found a nice abandoned estate I'm currently liquidating that had a herd of 5 pigs I found, plus 5-6 ancient excellent quality oaks and beeches. :D
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 22, 2016, 10:42:59 am »

In other news, I found a nice abandoned estate I'm currently liquidating that had a herd of 5 pigs I found, plus 5-6 ancient excellent quality oaks and beeches. :D

The trees guys! The trees!
Stop slashing and burning the forests of the world down. Think of the future players, think of the environment of the world, the elves, the little cute animals in them, the tears of their babies, we got to have some limits here! We already well on the way to ruining our own world with our evil Capitalist ways, lets not ruin our digital one as well!  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WVspvb3c3o
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:46:36 am by Crowe~ »

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 22, 2016, 10:46:56 am »

edit: 4. Macroeconomy - is selling to XXXXX the only way to increase total cash in game? And trade taxes are the only cash sink?

I believe so. And keep in mind selling to base price doesn't actually remove the goods from game, they just get moved to a random region and sold at market value.

Because of this and the fact that new players get a lot of low quality tools and materials, I can imagine this will eventually deflate the price of low quality starting materials, as nate has pointed out, especially since a lot of people now have caught on to the liquidation game. I'm not sure if starting gear comes from nullspace or is actually bought on the market from other players, but if it's the latter it would at least help with deflation by not dumping loads of low quality gear on the market.

Seems to be deflating pretty quickly. The first day I made twice as much as the second. The third about 3/4 the second. This is despite increasing the number of liquidations per day! I blame the wagons and ropes, they used to be 500 each. The tools have dropped a lot as well. Bricks seem to be holding strong, most likely because the demand for bricks is huge thanks to them being used to build so much stuff. Even they have dropped though, and are down to 17~ from the 30s.

Maybe in a few weeks we'll run out of abandoned settlements though if everyone keeps clearing them out like this. That or the market will crash so hard everyone will stop doing it. Then more abandoned settlements will build up again...and the prices will rise and the cycle repeat. Maybe.

Or it could just keep crashing down forever until low quality starter materials are barely worth anything since everyone established already has very nice high quality everything and doesn't want to corrupt their stocks with trash. Probably this.

One thing though, abandoned settlements will always be good for jumpstarting new players that want to start building quickly. Even if they can only sell the goods at floor price, that boost of gold and building supplies is definitely superior than trying to support themselves at the beginning.

The trees guys! The trees!
Stop slashing and burning the forests of the world down. Think of the future players, think of the environment of the world, the elves, the little cute animals in them, the tears of their babies, we got to have some limits here! We already well on the way to ruining our own world with our evil Capitalist ways, lets not ruin our digital one as well!  :o

This oak is amazing. Want to try some? 85% quality! I got plenty, even with 6 woodsmen chopping down an acre every 12-15 hours it is going to take days to finish off Farnorland's (search it, you can see the devastation in progress!) beautiful oak forest.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 22, 2016, 10:56:32 am »

But the Spanish guy sends all his messages in Spanish that I have to run through the translator myself.

Meh, maybe the guy just translated it himself for me. It was the first message I've received from a non-English player.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 22, 2016, 10:59:36 am »

This oak is amazing. Want to try some? 85% quality! I got plenty, even with 6 woodsmen chopping down an acre every 12-15 hours it is going to take days to finish off Farnorland's (search it, you can see the devastation in progress!) beautiful oak forest.

And to think....

Those beautiful Oak trees will become what?... Ultimately, some super Deluxe overpriced "Ham" on some ungrateful Hawkwood peasants dinner plate, only for them to complain the next day when they can't buy a frakkin' walnut!!
The waste, the desolation, the emptiness ....  :'(

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 22, 2016, 11:09:55 am »

And to think....

Those beautiful Oak trees will become what?... Ultimately, some super Deluxe overpriced "Ham" on some ungrateful Hawkwood peasants dinner plate, only for them to complain the next day when they can't buy a frakkin' walnut!!
The waste, the desolation, the emptiness ....  :'(

At least, they are happy? And rich! Gold is important, more important than the land's trees! As long as it isn't my land's trees.

Edit: I want to point out that the Ham gave less happiness than the damned turnips.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:17:43 am by nate9090 »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 22, 2016, 11:27:15 am »

Yeah, I gotta say, I think the peasant purchasing behaviours could be worked on a bit. It's even more annoying when they buy the crossed out versions of products (because it's similar to the original?) Still end up spending hundreds of $$$ and still lose happiness (because it's not their choice??  :-\ ) Then they have no more money to buy other things are get even more unhappy.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 22, 2016, 11:32:34 am »

I will have to show you how things are in the North this last day or so. The sea of red hurts my eyes when I look at that status screen...

Although I have done some calcs, and it seems happiness is significant. Over x5 the difference for a H0 Angry guy to recover as a ~H60 guy. It also seems their current happiness, effects what they want, when they are low happiness they want lower goods apparently (game forum). Recovery is at the floor at H0, build a house, then out for the whole day practically, and zero hope of getting happy again since they have so much down time, they want more goods. I will try and see if I can moderate there happiness to some mid point, so they dont cost a fortune I cant afford but also arent totally pissed -- Im not hopeful of my chances.

State/min   multp
H0     0.070   1.00
H25   0.200   2.86
H46   0.302   4.31
H62   0.382   5.46

Thats what I saw from a rough calc of a few guys over an hour. I didnt check to see if they took any more happniess hits during the hour, and maybe stats effects it also, maybe its not linear either - but either way a rough calc to show its a big diff between them
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:46:04 am by Crowe~ »

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 22, 2016, 11:51:04 am »

One thing though, abandoned settlements will always be good for jumpstarting new players that want to start building quickly. Even if they can only sell the goods at floor price, that boost of gold and building supplies is definitely superior than trying to support themselves at the beginning.

Unfortunately, where I have started, there aren't any abandoned settlements (anymore?).
I have just realised the spot to the northwest I wanted to expand to is the one mentioned in first post in part about coming to Error. Another thing is that now I know why I couldn't find player mentioned in that first post - he ran to warm south. I'm not surprised. Trying to keep morale above 0 (you can be vassalised without consent then, right?) without liquidation in bad starting position I chose (02238W:24736N), with constant snowing is pretty much impossible.
Another thing - automating woodcutter (most likely farmers as well) seems pointless. He just run in circles like headless chicken between tiles he already harvested.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 22, 2016, 12:02:01 pm »

Lots roads when you're planning the German Venice.

Curious, why are you saying 'German Venice'?  I know I'm calling mine 'Celtic Venice', but that's due to having no known historical equivalent of Venice within the culture, while the germans actually had one in the form of the Hanseatic League.  I know it is called a trading alliance there, but I should note it is modeled as a merchant republic in the Crusader Kings 2 game.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 22, 2016, 12:11:41 pm »

Its got to be 0% happiness average I believe. So as long as your expanding & still playing even just a bit, the chances of hitting 0% across the board is slim. For example, Im at 16% happiness currently, most are 0% but there's 2 units arriving a day so far, who come happy and as long as I keep them busy, which isnt hard due to job time length if they are spread out, they take a while to drop even with zero pay. Its worth saying Im so low on happiness since I basically gave them nill money for 2 days, around 30-40 each. 5% wage and I spent my pot of gold on tools before paytime ---

"Paytime? Oh sorry guys cash pit is empty again! Can't help you, maybe tommorrow... keep up the good work!"

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 22, 2016, 12:18:51 pm »

Lots roads when you're planning the German Venice.

Curious, why are you saying 'German Venice'?  I know I'm calling mine 'Celtic Venice', but that's due to having no known historical equivalent of Venice within the culture, while the germans actually had one in the form of the Hanseatic League.  I know it is called a trading alliance there, but I should note it is modeled as a merchant republic in the Crusader Kings 2 game.

Because my project for this game is building a city of canals. Search 'Bagenburg' and you'll see that the island I'm on is pretty perfect for canal city. Not to mention the smaller, more northern island, and the smallish island to the south that I will turn into a castle.

I don't really have any politico-economic aspirations atm, just building a massive af city.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 161