Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189321 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #480 on: December 22, 2016, 07:55:04 am »

Indeed, it seems House Hawkwood has been blessed with happy serfs. That might be because they stole I gave them thousands of gold for each of them to buy those awful expensive high quality hams.

At 50% tax and 5% wages, they still make out like bandits. Oh well, at least they are all perpetually happy, thanks to that and the nice weather we experience here in the south.

I think my second settlement might have a better position than my first. My first site I chose had some nice resources but I didn't realize how cramped it was. Mountains hem it in on multiple sides. I think if I can get some big expansions there will be enough space although I doubt it will win a city beauty contest.

Also the second one has access to the coast, and I love the idea of ships and being able to trade with the other realm areas.

The game seems really complex, i love it so far, what about finances guys, whats the point in setting low or high tax income and wages?

Both settings are simply a way for you to control the gold flow to and from your workers. Taxes let you recover unspent money from them, while the wages directly determines how much they get per day from your treasury. Best not to let them get too much, because another player could notice their gold and send soldiers to mug them.

Edit: I have just realized huts are better for quick expansion than houses. They are faster to build and give more population per hut than houses give. Houses do take up much less space (being able to be built up to 10 per square) but it seems for the fastest population expansion possible you want to build hut slums.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:58:18 am by nate9090 »

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 22, 2016, 08:05:20 am »

And then suddenly I realized that felling trees and harvesting trees are two very different options.

Welp, there goes a few 102% ancient beeches.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 22, 2016, 08:07:56 am »

And then suddenly I realized that felling trees and harvesting trees are two very different options.

Welp, there goes a few 102% ancient beeches.

Well...look at the bright side of things. They should grow back and eventually become ancient again... In a few years.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 22, 2016, 08:23:52 am »

so whats optimal settings at the start for taxes and wages?

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 22, 2016, 08:46:06 am »

so whats optimal settings at the start for taxes and wages?

I'd set tax to 50% and wages to 5% because while keeping the workers happy seems to speed recovery up a bit, spending 500 gold on a ham seems a bit silly.

Unfortunately for me...5% of 500k is...a good bit. And the workers keep buying those hams! Argh.  >:(

I'd say try to keep 200-400 gold in their pockets at first so they can buy cheap stuff that should keep them above super angry though.

Edit: Second attack went much better than the first. With my 3 characters alternating between each attack and with the huge extra bonus from having decent gear (puts them to 45+ melee) we managed to off the guy who hadn't been around since November. Now to wait 7 days.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 08:49:22 am by nate9090 »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 22, 2016, 08:53:08 am »

What influences when you can expand the borders of a territory? I just realised that the iron fields of this settlement ended up just outside the border.
Love, scriver~

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 22, 2016, 09:07:31 am »

What influences when you can expand the borders of a territory? I just realised that the iron fields of this settlement ended up just outside the border.

I'm pretty certain the entire map is divided into hidden 'jigsaw' pieces. When you expand the game will only allow you to pick one of these pieces that keeps your first city square as close to the center as possible. The intent people have been saying is to prevent 'strange' shaped snake domains from existing.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 22, 2016, 09:12:02 am »

you need to build more buildings. Most of them gives expansion bonus (the crossed arrows icon : )

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 22, 2016, 09:12:16 am »

Click on buildings in the management page.
You see a bunch of things at the top, in my case, my shield, the amount of trees, acres of fields, Constructions, a "Red crossed arrows" icon and number.

That shows you the current rate of expansion you have which comes from your buildings, each of those has a crossed arrows icon if you look up there stats. When your crossed arrow amount is higher than your current acres of land (that can be seen in the domain tab) it turns green and you can expand.

You cant expand wherever you want though, you have to expand fairly evenly. There is a "distance from original center" factor. Eg. You probably have to expand in a spiraling circle. Or like, a "fat cross", then square the corners, then fat-cross again.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:15:13 am by Crowe~ »

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 22, 2016, 09:13:23 am »

Edit: I have just realized huts are better for quick expansion than houses. They are faster to build and give more population per hut than houses give. Houses do take up much less space (being able to be built up to 10 per square) but it seems for the fastest population expansion possible you want to build hut slums.

I think in the beginning it is best to just leave everything at four huts and then build more streets where needed so you can expand your housing area in a wide (rather than tall way).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 22, 2016, 09:13:31 am »

I'm pretty certain the entire map is divided into hidden 'jigsaw' pieces. When you expand the game will only allow you to pick one of these pieces that keeps your first city square as close to the center as possible. The intent people have been saying is to prevent 'strange' shaped snake domains from existing.

Yes. Also most buildings you build have an expansion coefficient--look for a 4 arrows going to the corners icon, that'll give you a number.  If your not sure you can expand somewhere move your lord there and search 'expand domain' open the help page and it will tell you the required expansion coefficient and your current one.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 22, 2016, 09:41:37 am »

I think in the beginning it is best to just leave everything at four huts and then build more streets where needed so you can expand your housing area in a wide (rather than tall way).

Theres one other thing to consider. The houses start to give +25 after the first 4. So average per house is 19 versus the 15 from huts. Is the extra time to build houses offset eventually compared to the 4huts+street->spread method? Probably not --

4 hut + Street = 70
Max 10 House Street = 250

So you need 3.57 Hut-Streets, for 1 Max Street. In terms of final pop.

So.. 14.28 Huts + 3.57 Streets  --VS--  4 Huts + 10 Houses.  Which is faster.

Right?  :o :-X

I'll guess the huts are much faster.  :-\  ::)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 22, 2016, 10:00:24 am »

so can u build huts on the roads, and roads there the huts already are?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 22, 2016, 10:13:06 am »

Thanks, managed to expand the borders, but I still have no idea where to see what expansion number thingy any particular building has though.
Love, scriver~

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 22, 2016, 10:15:51 am »

https://www.landsoflords.com/help/bld/house:house

scroll down a bit till the "House" section, you'll see it accomodates 70 People, and 70 acres towards the expansion
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 161