Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189304 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #435 on: December 21, 2016, 06:19:10 pm »

On the uh, tokens topic, I rolled 75k (three LOL and I had LOL+) on my third roll so I've shot ahead a bit (I had no idea what to setup so I mostly built houses, so I have 31 units now).

That's good! Houses are that resource you always need more of. You can always use more workers.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2016, 06:21:58 pm »

On the uh, tokens topic, I rolled 75k (three LOL and I had LOL+) on my third roll so I've shot ahead a bit (I had no idea what to setup so I mostly built houses, so I have 31 units now).

Black magic. BLACK MAGIC!

No, but seriously, your lucky!  :)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 21, 2016, 06:28:27 pm »

I was joking about that being a possibility.  I did not think it would happen.  Bravo, man.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 21, 2016, 06:40:18 pm »

Plz give me your luck!

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 21, 2016, 06:50:14 pm »

Plz give me your luck!

Screw luck.
Plz give me some of your men instead!
Congrats  :D

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 21, 2016, 07:23:48 pm »

ya, it happens--a couple of us have gotten ~12k too. It's nice.

But like, a wooden castle costs like 13k tokens to auto complete.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 21, 2016, 07:30:53 pm »

It looks like there were some major deaths in one of the wars going on between major empires. I don't know anything about it other than what I can piece together from looking at the maps.

Here is the big battle where Theodoros, Thegreek, Ill Beback, and some other lords die.
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/05263W21973N

There seems to be a disputed/key event where the losing side (the Myrmidons and Nicaea) didn't realize that the enemy could get into restricted areas once their Lord was killed. This event happened a couple hours after the battle above where Lords died, and the after this all the units in the domain were slaughtered.
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/05265W21970N

The Lords of Nicaea and Myrmidons were in the top 10 in Honour a couple days ago and I almost think this Theodoros guy was in the top three. Check out how they have 88,000 people in the Lordship but 0 in the domain.
https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Konstantinoupole

Averyron Thegreek also died and is sitting with just 14 archers a pikeman in his massive domain.
https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Myrmidons

Bebackland appears to be one of the big winners and he has forced Nicaea to become a vassal.
https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Bebackland

You can see in Bebackland what towns will look like during times of war. He has all his units huddled together in safe buildings. There is one guy out in the open slaughtering pigs while being guarded by four pikemen lol. Grim Beback is the brand new heir of Ill Beback who died in the fighting.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:54:44 pm by Datgum »

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 21, 2016, 07:31:14 pm »

Do units not restore happiness while not in a a house or something? My miner has been at low happiness for the past few days even though he has gotten about 500 gold a day.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 21, 2016, 07:37:06 pm »

Do units not restore happiness while not in a a house or something? My miner has been at low happiness for the past few days even though he has gotten about 500 gold a day.

if you've been continually mining, you're tiring him out faster than he can recover.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 21, 2016, 07:39:20 pm »

if you've been continually mining, you're tiring him out faster than he can recover.

If I have him left on the automation function will that not stop if happiness gets too low? Just wondering so I can manage my automated units as needed, i just thought that was done already.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 21, 2016, 07:40:54 pm »

not sure about happiness actually. could be any combination of things. in the tile view, double click his portrait and hit "manage this unit" that could give you a sense of whats getting him down. Probably a lack of nice stuff.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 21, 2016, 07:52:26 pm »

Remember that being in the mines costs a unit -10 (depending on quality of the mine, I think: higher quality gives less of a negative) happiness. If it's also snowing, that unit is basically unable to improve morale, even if they're buying stuff.

If you want them to become happy, you'll have to rotate them into high quality houses (or a brothel or something) for a bit for them to get their morale back up.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 21, 2016, 08:15:48 pm »

If I specialize a house into something, such as an Archery Shop, does it lose its housing capacity?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 21, 2016, 08:40:53 pm »

If I specialize a house into something, such as an Archery Shop, does it lose its housing capacity?

I don't believe so no. It's just an addition. Like how specializing a forge works.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 21, 2016, 08:52:50 pm »

So what effect does better quality weapons have on combat? The saddle/spurs for your lord?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 161